Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've been watching a dreadful amount of Criminal Minds and Law & Order:SVU recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

I've been watching a dreadful amount of Criminal Minds and Law & Order:SVU recently.

Been watching a lot of Criminal Minds for some reason. Garcia ruins it for me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

One Tree Hill! <3
    Brooke & Julian's wedding.. n'aww. So cute! <3
    <-- Don't read it if you haven't seen the new series guuuyz! But yeah loving all of this! And I'm back watching from the start, up to s4 now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Just finished watching Bones and now CSI is on Boo Yeah :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    Been watching a lot of Criminal Minds for some reason. Garcia ruins it for me :mad:
    Yes! I get that she's there for wackiness and stuff but gah, just stop talking...

The Star Trek movie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    The Star Trek movie :)

There is so much wrong with this post I don't think I'll ever cover it all.

Most important is the fact that there's more than one Star Trek movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Got the first season of The Wire. Only on the second episode but it seems really tedious to get going and to be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I'm addicted to Boardwalk Empire, since I saw the first episode on Sky Atlantic I'm contemplating just downloading the whole series.
    So good :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

seanbmc wrote: »
    I'm addicted to Boardwalk Empire, since I saw the first episode on Sky Atlantic I'm contemplating just downloading the whole series.
    Same boat. Although I keep forgetting to watch what I download.
    Case and point: I downloaded Primer the other day after some recommendations. Still haven't watched it.

The Fighter was way better than I expected, Mark Wahlberg is some man :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I watched Hachi: A Dog's Tale today. Aww it's actually so good, but so sad! Doggy movie are the best..

Namlub wrote: »
    The Fighter was way better than I expected, Mark Wahlberg is some man :pac:

Gotta love Marky Mark despite The Happening and some of the **** lines he's said :pac:
    Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I watched Hachi: A Dog's Tale today. Aww it's actually so good, but so sad! Doggy movie are the best..

Loved that film :)

Just watched Louis Theroux: The Ultra Zionists. So interesting, made me realise how little I know about the whole Israel thing though...
    Finally going to watch The Social Network now. In HD, putlocker I love you so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

seanbmc wrote: »

Very good show! Think I expected too much from it though, leaving me a little disappointed by the end. In saying that I can see the second season being amazing... It's nice to see Steve Buscemi in an authoritative role since he usually gets cast as characters deeply neurotic / paranoid / submissive.

Went to see Inception a couple of weeks ago; it lived up to the hype, a ruddy excellent film. The first dream sequence actually gave me goosebumps and forced my hair to stand on its end. :D

Very good show! Think I expected too much from it though, leaving me a little disappointed by the end. In saying that I can see the second season being amazing... It's nice to see Steve Buscemi in an authoritative role since he usually gets cast as characters deeply neurotic / paranoid / submissive.

Went to see Inception a couple of weeks ago; it lived up to the hype, a ruddy excellent film. The first dream sequence actually gave me goosebumps and forced my hair to stand on its end. :D

Watched it for the first time last night. It's pretty deadly. It's good to see an interesting film that's not a remake/based on something.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

822358.jpg

Finally going to watch The Social Network now. In HD, putlocker I love you so...
    SO GOOD, why have I not seen this before now?! Andrew Garfield <3 Amazing soundtrack too, gah so many good movies lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Day 2 of guilty pleasure tv...Dancing on Ice :D

• Advertisement

I watched Irreversible at 1am and then couldn't sleep for hours because I was so disturbed/upset/nauseous/confused/depressed. I usually have a high threshold for that thing but oh god. And it's backwards. Then I was wondering why everything about the first half hour made me want to be sick and found this...
    The first 30 minutes of the film has a background noise with a frequency of 28Hz (low frequency, almost inaudible), similar to the noise produced by an earthquake. In humans, it causes nausea, sickness and vertigo. It was the main cause of people walking out of the theaters during the first part of the film in places like Cannes and San Sebastian. In fact, it was added with the purpose of getting this reaction.
    Also there was a flashing nebula thing at the end and I genuinely think it made me go a bit blind. And one of the guys from Daft Punk did the soundtrack. Fcuking hell this movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Watched 500 Days of Summer last night and I absolutely loved it.

Top Gear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I watched Irreversible at 1am and then couldn't sleep for hours because I was so disturbed/upset/nauseous/confused/depressed. I usually have a high threshold for that thing but oh god. And it's backwards. Then I was wondering why everything about the first half hour made me want to be sick and found this...

Also there was a flashing nebula thing at the end and I genuinely think it made me go a bit blind. And one of the guys from Daft Punk did the soundtrack. Fcuking hell this movie.

Oh wow, I really wanna see that now...

Slow Show wrote: »
    Oh wow, I really wanna see that now...
    I'm not sure you do tbh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'm not sure you do tbh :(

Nah, I have to try it now. Might leave it till mid-term though, getting to sleep is kinda handy these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

I saw The King's Speech the other day. Was just lovely, really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BloodRedRose

I'm loving The Inbetweeners atm!!! It is soooo funny!!! it's adults taking the pee out of teenagers, they've got it spot on and it's hilarious!!!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I've watched the last 2 series of House in 2 days, I think it's becoming an obsession :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

I watched Red last night, pretty good movie!

Advertisement