Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I gotta say lads, Fair City was rather shocking tonight.
    I hate Turlough and I find the whole Neasa thing kinda weird but omg...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Parenthood!

Anyone else watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

The new Two and a Half Men is fairly Epic, i must say :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Just finished Boardwalk Empire.

Great series, some very strong actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Watching a little bit of Arrested Development's second series via the internets. Oh Tobias, you blowhard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Saw The Fighter last night- brilliant! Did not expect a boxing movie to be that good! I'm on a cinema movie spree now, going to see The King's Speech tonight. Can't wait !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

^Samesies, I thought it was going to be like Rocky or something... And I'm seeing the King's Speech tonight too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭O-Deazy

seanbmc wrote: »
    Just finished Boardwalk Empire.

Great series, some very strong actors.

I've been dying to see this! Would you rate it up with there Sopranos and the likes.. I mean with Martin Scorsese and Steve Buscemi you couldn't go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I just found my 1TB external hard drives plug, so I'll be going on a downloading binge for the next while. Currently downloading the first 4 seasons of 30 rock.

Next on my list is the office. Not sure what to get after that, I'm open to suggestions of movies and tv programmes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I gotta say lads, Fair City was rather shocking tonight.
    I hate Turlough and I find the whole Neasa thing kinda weird but omg...

Woooo someone else watched it!

I never hated Turlough, thought he was a pretty swell guy, granted I don't watch it much but when I heard the warning about graphic scenes and viewer discretion being advised, I watched it. Wowzers, pretty mad stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Neasa was in graphic scenes? I hope that means what I think it does.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

On season 2 of Dexter. F*cking badass show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

O-Deazy wrote: »
    I've been dying to see this! Would you rate it up with there Sopranos and the likes.. I mean with Martin Scorsese and Steve Buscemi you couldn't go wrong!

Yeah it's up there alright, highly reccommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

CSI :D

Grissom rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Neasa was in graphic scenes? I hope that means what I think it does.....
    If it's what i think I saw, it was (reader discresion is Advised)
    Turlough falling though a table and ending up on the floor covered in blood

Oh. Thats much less appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Finally got round to watch the Social Network, and it actually lived up to the hype

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anyone ever watch Freaks and Geeks? It was filmed in 1999 and only aired for one season but has achieved cult status since. Its set in 1980's high school and focuses on two groups the freaks and the geeks. Unbelievable cast too with Jason Segal, Seth Rogen and James Franco and Judd Apatow was executive producer. Its all on youtube too!

I'm on episode 13 and i only started watching Thursday!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ferris Bueller is one righteous dude!

Black Swan is weird....good, I guess but oh so weird and creepy.

• Advertisement

Lawliet wrote: »
    Finally got round to watch the Social Network, and it actually lived up to the hype

Me too! High five!

Slow Show wrote: »
    Woooo someone else watched it!

I never hated Turlough, thought he was a pretty swell guy, granted I don't watch it much but when I heard the warning about graphic scenes and viewer discretion being advised, I watched it. Wowzers, pretty mad stuff.

I always thought Turlough was some sorta scammer so I didn't like him.
    Although seriously... OMG. He was there one minute and BAM, that happened :eek:

Also I think Neasa has gone less preety since she's been wearing those curtains as skirts :/

I always thought Turlough was some sorta scammer so I didn't like him.
    Although seriously... OMG. He was there one minute and BAM, that happened :eek:

Also I think Neasa has gone less preety since she's been wearing those curtains as skirts :/

Awww I kinda forgot about old Turlough and I liked this guy...although I got the feeling that he smelled like an old man so that was a bit meh, but otherwise he got my vote of confidence! But it was still cool, can't wait for tonight!

And yeah, d'you see what she was wearing when she was on the swing? Not cool, not cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'm halfway through episode 11 of Season 2 of The Wire. I haven't heard great things about season 2, but I think it's fantastic so far.
    D'Angelo getting killed was even more shocking than Wallace getting killed in Season 1.
    It's certainly more tragic than Season 1...

I saw Sanctum 3D..

It's not very 3D..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I won't go to see any film with the term "3D" in the title.
    It's a matter of principle! :p

I won't go to see any film with the term "3D" in the title.
    It's a matter of principle! :p

My cousin paid for me so twas grand! :P

I felt ripped off due to their being no 3D.. >_<

Slow Show wrote: »
    Awww I kinda forgot about old Turlough and I liked this guy...although I got the feeling that he smelled like an old man so that was a bit meh, but otherwise he got my vote of confidence! But it was still cool, can't wait for tonight!

And yeah, d'you see what she was wearing when she was on the swing? Not cool, not cool.

T'was rather disappointing :( I expected more from the whole Turlough thing. Although Bob is some snaaaake stealing the money.

Oh and I love Decco :pac: He's gas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Jay P wrote: »
    I'm halfway through episode 11 of Season 2 of The Wire. I haven't heard great things about season 2, but I think it's fantastic so far.
    D'Angelo getting killed was even more shocking than Wallace getting killed in Season 1.
    It's certainly more tragic than Season 1...

Can never understand why season 2 isn't appreciated more; it's brilliant. It's been ages since I watched season 1 so I can't fully remember that (other than absolutely loving it) but I'd say s2 is on a par with s1 and s4.

Watched The Thick Of It season one over the weekend along with the two Mesrine films. The former's a brillant comedy about a bumbling politician and a spin doctor while the latter is about a French criminal with an utterly astounding performance from the lead actor. Definitely recommend it for people who enjoyed the likes of Goodfellas, City of God, Scarface, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Can never understand why season 2 isn't appreciated more; it's brilliant. It's been ages since I watched season 1 so I can't fully remember that (other than absolutely loving it) but I'd say s2 is on a par with s1 and s4.

I was talking to my friend about it and he really doesn't like 2, but loves 1 and 4, so I'm really looking forward to 4 if he thinks it's that much better than 2.

Advertisement