Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Watched The Thick Of It season one over the weekend along with the two Mesrine films. The former's a brillant comedy about a bumbling politician and a spin doctor while the latter is about a French criminal with an utterly astounding performance from the lead actor. Definitely recommend it for people who enjoyed the likes of Goodfellas, City of God, Scarface, etc.
    Vincent Cassel eh? I actually love him, must watch...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I actually love The Lizzie McGuire movie far too much than its healthy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I'm watching the biggest loser it's so funny... I love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

deise_girl wrote: »
    I actually love The Lizzie McGuire movie far too much than its healthy...

Have you ever seen such a beautiful night....?

I can almost see the stars, they're shining so briiiiiiiight...I've totally never seen that movie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

When I see you smiling I go.. oh oh oh

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I WOULD NEVER WANT TO MISS THIS

Not only is it apt, its the lyrics.
    How awesome :')

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

'Cos in my heart I know what this is. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

THIS IS WHAT DREEEEEEEEAMS ARE MADE OF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm currently watching the fox and the hound <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I won't go to see any film with the term "3D" in the title.
    It's a matter of principle! :p

victor-meldrew.jpg

Just sayin' ... >_>

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I don't believe it! :mad:

:pac:
    I sometimes feel like him when people post about TV series I don't see the point of... >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

deisedude wrote: »
    Anyone ever watch Freaks and Geeks? It was filmed in 1999 and only aired for one season but has achieved cult status since. Its set in 1980's high school and focuses on two groups the freaks and the geeks. Unbelievable cast too with Jason Segal, Seth Rogen and James Franco and Judd Apatow was executive producer. Its all on youtube too!

I'm on episode 13 and i only started watching Thursday!

Yep watched the whole season a few months ago. Brilliant series, wtf is with no season 2 though? Cool seeing James Franco, Seth Rogen and Jason Segel at a young age.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I have the DVD of Chris Morris' "4 Lions" somewhere in my room, but I keep forgetting to watch it. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Started watching 'Rome wasn't built in a day' and think it is well worth the watch, some very interesting techniques in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I have the DVD of Chris Morris' "4 Lions" somewhere in my room, but I keep forgetting to watch it. :/

Very good film! A tragic comedy, kinda. You've actually reminded me that I need to get around to watching Brass Eye, another Morris production that's meant to be brilliant. Recently converted a few people to The Day Today, I absolutely love this píss-take of Eastenders:

Love anything that features Morris or Steve Coogan, really. The latter's done a tremendous job with the new Alan Partridge "webisodes", the most recent of which actually featured the English chap from 4 Lions. A very incestuous (but in an affable way) group of people. :D

CSI as per usual :D

The two Paris episodes of Gossip Girl=best thing ever. "We don't need tickets, I'm Chuck Bass". SERIOUSLY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Watching Heima, the Sigur Rós documentary where they play free shows all across Iceland.

Makes me want to go to Iceland, beautiful country and matches the music perfectly.

Well worth watching.

The Mighty Ducks on Disney :D

• Advertisement

I had a bit of a movie spree tonight. I watched cool runnings, haven't seen it in years, and it's just as good as I remember. "Kiss my lucky egg!"

Also watched The Towering Inferno. I hadn't seen it before and I was slightly sceptical about watching it but my dad had control of the TV. He went to bed before the end, and I finished watching it, I was pleasantly surprised, it was actually really good.

Then I topped it all off by watching Adventureland. I've seen it before but not all of it, I like it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

kateos2 wrote: »
    I had a bit of a movie spree tonight. I watched cool runnings, haven't seen it in years, and it's just as good as I remember. "Kiss my lucky egg!"

I seriously must watch this now, absolutely loved that film when I was younger :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5 silkenfla

Watching a little bit of Arrested Development's second series via the internets. Oh Tobias, you blowhard!

COME ON...you gotta luv GOB. One of the best tv programmes ever - shameful it was cancelled after 3 seasons....FX are showing it at the mo on Tuesday nights...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Finally got round to watching "Easy A". I really liked it. Loved the "Say Anything" reference. The cast was pretty awesome too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I recorded Full Metal Jacket last night, so I'm watching it now. And last night I stayed up until four watching the new season of How I Met Your Mother, and I have the episode that came out yesterday in America for later on.

Ooh, and I watched the first episode of Boardwalk Empire. It was unreal. Absolutely fantastic. Incredibly violent though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Jay P wrote: »

Ooh, and I watched the first episode of Boardwalk Empire. It was unreal. Absolutely fantastic. Incredibly violent though...

Didn't really notice that so I can only presume that I've watched so many of Scorsese's films that I've become immune to any impact over-the-top violence may produce. :D

Have Brass Eye, Mad Men s1, Breaking Bad s2, Curb Your Enthusiasm s4, and The Wire s5 all ready to watch. If only I didn't have a stupid amount of work to do. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    The Mighty Ducks on Disney :D

Haven't seen that since The Big Big movie on RTE on Saturday as a kid

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Watched the last episode of Seacht on TG4 there earlier, I'm going to miss that show... It was the best show they've ever made in Irish, it was almost like an Irish Skins.
    Started watching Pretty Little Liars online the other night there and I'm fairly hooked on it, even though it's a bit cheesey.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Ten minutes into The Road and I have to pause it. I've read the book so I know what happens but still...

Viggo Mortensen really has the harrowed look down.

• Advertisement

I need to stop watching the food network. It makes me so hungry.

My current favourites are Diners, Drive-ins and Dives; Cupcake Wars, Chopped and Iron Chef. <3

Advertisement