Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Watched "The Breakfast Club" and "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" this weekend. "16 Candles" is next in my 80's teen drama binge.

I loved "The Breakfast Club". It was amazing, and sad and funny and just awesome!
    "Ferris Bueller" was a bit disappointing. It was more fun than the other and young Matthew Broderick is so hot, but I think it was hyped to much. I also hated that bit with the principal trying to break in, it just seemed a bit too silly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

We watched Les Choristes in school, obviously with English subtitles..

I actually love that film, it was really good I really liked it! Like I cant watch most saddish things but that was like balanced really well so that the whole horribleness of it wasnt too evident! But everyone watch it!!!!

Of course saying that I was the only person in the class to go all watery eyes >.< :L But it was kinda bittersweet..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

OMG, I cannot believe christy just did that in fair city :eek: How's carol supposed to leave him now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

OMG, I cannot believe christy just did that in fair city :eek: How's carol supposed to leave him now!!!

I forgot to watch it! NOOOOOOO. Tell me what happened in spoilers? :(

Slow Show wrote: »
    I forgot to watch it! NOOOOOOO. Tell me what happened in spoilers? :(
    He brought allie and lorcan back!!

• Advertisement

He brought allie and lorcan back!!

Awww I guessed that when I saw the promo, was kinda hoping it might be more exciting. Ah sure, bit of extra drama, she'll probably/maybe go through with it.

I dunno what will happen.. She had her bags packed and everything. And then
    allie
    was like 'why dya have a case packed?' and all you could see was christy's face drop :( i love christy! Carol made up a charity excuse though but ya knew he wasn't buying it.. :(

I'm sensing an altar showdown tbh! Can't waaaait. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A friend of mine does/did extras work in Fair City. True story!

I would love to be an extra... Or or or.. Maybe i could get a part on the show! Dermot's long lost love-child. I can see it now :')

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Aw just after watching Beaches there. Such a sad movie <3

DID I EVER TELL YOU YOU'RE MY HEEEEEEEEEEEEERO!

*sobs*

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Watched Hereafter. Twas aite. Except half the movie was in French without subtitles so I think I missed like half the plot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

The Empire Strikes Back is deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Going to start watching Blue Blood.

Hope it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

seanbmc wrote: »
    Going to start watching Blue Blood.

Hope it's worth it.

Blue Bloods the TV series? I've seen a few of it... tbh I much prefer Six Feet Under on Thursdays, it's really funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Watched the last episode of The Promise today, oh god it's so good. I thought it would go over my head because of how little I know about the whole Israel thing but it was really good and I got so frustrated and may have cried...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I just watched Mirrormask on the recommendation of a friend. It's so good! It's the most magical film I've seen in ages, I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

i watched the first episode of marchlands last night is it worth watching the other four episodes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Iron Man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

PARENTHOOD HAS ENDED ON RTE 2.

IM GONNA CRY. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan wrote: »

New Rugrats and Hey Arnold. :D Let's hope they don't screw it up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Dexter season 4 finale = unbelievable. The best episode of any TV show I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

^ Had that season finale ruined on me by coming across two spoilers, one on this thread and another elsewhere; I haven't even watched season three yet. :(

Finally got around to watching all of Brass Eye. Excellent stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

The Longest yard is on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The Tudors is on! <3 So unbelievably cheesy and historically inaccurate, but I love it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Namlub wrote: »
    Watched the last episode of The Promise today, oh god it's so good. I thought it would go over my head because of how little I know about the whole Israel thing but it was really good and I got so frustrated and may have cried...

Gah, that was amazing! I watched it on the Sundays nights it was on, brilliant series. I also may have cried a teensy bit....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Gah, that was amazing! I watched it on the Sundays nights it was on, brilliant series. I also may have cried a teensy bit....

When the tear was running down Len's face at the end...oh god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Watched Jackie Brown last night. Oh Tarantino, you magnificent bastard. <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Slow Show wrote: »
    New Rugrats and Hey Arnold. :D Let's hope they don't screw it up now.
    Bring back Sabrina the Teenage witch! Except this time it willl just be Sabrina the witch.... or maybe she has a daughter now, who is a witch. I'm off to Nick now to pitch the idea.

Advertisement