Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

As long as its nothing like the ****e cartoon where Salem had powers I'm all in favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Just finished season one of Mad Men. It lived up to the hype; superb character development, lovely cinematography, and stellar acting. Might even postpone watching the final season of The Wire and just start the second season of Mad Men. It's that good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Just watched Black Swan, didn't live up to the hype I don't think, Natalie Portman was brilliant but it could have done with
    less of the random horror movie scene stuff...
    . Its pretty intense.

Just watched Se7en. Another quite fantastic David Fincher film. Not as good as Zodiac but still very, very good.
    I did realise what the twist was minutes before it happened though :pac:

Must go about acquiring The Social Network as I haven't seen it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Just finished season one of Mad Men. It lived up to the hype; superb character development, lovely cinematography, and stellar acting. Might even postpone watching the final season of The Wire and just start the second season of Mad Men. It's that good.

Mad Men <3! Season 2 is great, so do watch it.
    Just watched Black Swan, didn't live up to the hype I don't think, Natalie Portman was brilliant but it could have done with
    . Its pretty intense.

Just finished watching it there myself. I loved it! I suppose it just depends on your taste though, because there are some bits in it that would turn a lot of people off it. Also Vincent Cassel is sooo fine :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

. Its pretty intense.
    I thought it could have done with much less of the ballet shit. The first half of the film is pretty much a film about dancing :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Just finished watching it there myself. I loved it! I suppose it just depends on your taste though, because there are some bits in it that would turn a lot of people off it. Also Vincent Cassel is sooo fine :D
    Aha, I'm not the only one who thinks this! The 'That was me seducing you' bit, unf. Most weirdly hot guy ever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Namlub wrote: »
    Aha, I'm not the only one who thinks this! The 'That was me seducing you' bit, unf. Most weirdly hot guy ever...

He has a really odd, scary face, but theres something about him...the charisma!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

People don't find find Vincent Cassel to be fine? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

None of my friends did when we saw it and I guess he's not technically good looking but yeah, the charisma!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

The accent...

Saw him in Mesrine and he was amazing. Total Al Pacino-in-Scarface-esque performance.

Turns out he was in La Haine. Another utterly compelling French film I watched several years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm watching julie and julia again. Love this movie and meryll streep is in it to make things better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Battle: Los Angeles is the greatest movie of all time.

The greatest movie...

...of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I watched "The Happening" and "Shelter" last night. Shelter is actually pure petrifying... bad bedtime buzz.

Watched Annie Hall yesterday. It ranks alongside the likes of When Harry Met Sally, 500 Days of Summer and High Fidelity as rom-coms (very vague to attribute them all to that but meh) that are ruddy awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Just watched "The Fall". It's so fantastic and odd. It gets a bit confusing at times as the main story takes a back seat to the fantasy but it's so lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Slept over at a friend's house last night and we ended up watching The Human Centipede. F*cking twisted movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Started watching Burn Notice, wouldn't be my favourite show but its definitely easy entertainment and I'm quiet enjoying watching it while I knit a sock for my mum

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Watched Limitless last night....very good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Watched Annie Hall yesterday. It ranks alongside the likes of When Harry Met Sally, 500 Days of Summer and High Fidelity as rom-coms (very vague to attribute them all to that but meh) that are ruddy awesome.

Manhattan, Annie Hall and Hannah & Her Sisters are all brilliant. Hannah & Her Sisters is my favourite though. Wouldn't place them in a category as cringe-inducing as rom-coms though, they're just really great movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

OMG, BOB IS MY HERO!! He is like the best evil genius ever in a soap. I love fair city <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Watching Blue Bloods, pretty good so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Browsing through music channels :D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

coraline_wybie.jpg

Coraline is an amazing movie! There's plenty to like, between the gorgeous, creepy art direction and it being based on a Neil Gaiman book. How did they manage to make a stop-motion movie look so fluid and natural? It's incredible, especially the animation of facial expressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Black Books time. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Wtf is on Tv3 for the past while?
    Its been on all day but its muted coz im choonaging(yes I did just write that) but im after glancing at it a few times and Ive seen blood, bombs/guns and topless women.

Weird show seems weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

deise_girl wrote: »
    Wtf is on Tv3 for the past while?
    Its been on all day but its muted coz im choonaging(yes I did just write that) but im after glancing at it a few times and Ive seen blood, bombs/guns and topless women.
    Tis great, isnt it :D:D

My father has the remote, and that was on when I came home.....
    Cue awkwrdness....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I'm watching Glee!

Advertisement