Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Finally got round to watching "La vita e bella". It's amazing, so happy but so so sad. I also have a sudden urge to learn Italian.

"Buongiorno principessa!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Have been on a Pushing Daisies binge recently. Emerson Cod is my hero! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Two and a half men :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Finished watching all of "The 4400", the other day. Wasn't particularly into the early part of the first season. But then it became pure brilliance as it neared the conclusion of the last season.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'm watching Heima. It's a documentary about Sigur Rós doing free live shows in remote areas of Iceland. It's brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

I started watching "Justified" last night with Timothy Olyphant, i'm a big fan of his, and i don't know how that series past me by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

hopefully going to see sucker punch tomorrow

I finally got around to watching how to train a dragon,it's an amazing film and just nice enough to still be entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I think I'm going to need to somehow block documentaryheaven from my laptop. I've reignited my burning passion for everything Louis Theroux has ever done, and cannot stay away. Had a 4 hour binge recently. Unreal. I love that man so much.

Also, just saw Limitless in the cinema. Was pretty enjoyable... apart from the fact that 3 knackery-skanks were sitting behind us and kept talking. I eventually shushed them and they got up and left. I can't believe they turned me into a shush-er. Eugh... I'm so old.
    Jay P wrote: »
    I'm watching Heima. It's a documentary about Sigur Rós doing free live shows in remote areas of Iceland. It's brilliant.

Heima is so wonderful! I have it on DVD, and must have watched it at least 20 times. As a result, I need to go to Iceland some day. So good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

bythewoods wrote: »
    I think I'm going to need to somehow block documentaryheaven from my laptop. I've reignited my burning passion for everything Louis Theroux has ever done, and cannot stay away. Had a 4 hour binge recently. Unreal. I love that man so much.

There was a follow-up documentary to the excellent 'America's most hated family' (the Phelps - a rather hateful bunch it has to be said) episode on BBC earlier but I completely forgot about it. Didn't know about that site but I'm definitely availing of it once I return to college and have several GB's worth of data to burn. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I may not be able to cook in any shape or form but I fricking love masterchef!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Just started watching requiem for a dream there. I've laso started watching black books again. All in all the study's going well then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

bythewoods wrote: »
    Heima is so wonderful! I have it on DVD, and must have watched it at least 20 times. As a result, I need to go to Iceland some day. So good.

Oh me too. The landscape is incredible. Almost as beautiful as the language...

I think Ricky Gervais is the funniest man ever. I've been re-watching his live DVDs and re-listening to his podcasts. It's all absolute gold. And I'm nearly fInished watching Extras for the first time, and I'm really loving it. I'll move onto The Office afterwards, which I've never watched before either.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Started watching Pretty Little Liars from the start, very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

It hasn't started yet, but I'm really, really looking forward to the next series of Doctor Who! It's what happens when you whisk together some Jammie Dodgers, a fez, Neil Gaiman and a time machine, and simmer gently for approximately one year. Just about two weeks until it begins, I believe, at which point I'm going to ravenously feast upon it with my nerdy-mandibles. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

The Big Lebowski is now my favourite film of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

The Big Lebowski is now my favourite film of all time.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, eh, your opinion, man.

Got told I looked like the Dude the other day, felt even better than the daily comparisons I get to Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, eh, your opinion, man.

Got told I looked like the Dude the other day, felt even better than the daily comparisons I get to Jesus

This Jesus?

BigL.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

I'm just loading the pilot epidsode of Fringe now. I've been meaning to check it out for ages. It's probably not the best idea to start watching a new series before my exams... meh. I really hope it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Watched the ring of Boardwalk Empire.
    Also just finished the entire Boston Legal series.
    And just finished White Collar.
    All epic. Highly recommended.

Any ideas on what I should watch next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The Good Wife, Silk and North Square. Om nom nom legal dramas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Started watching X files today. On the third episode and Im hooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Sidney Lumet died today. Along with Scorsese he was my favourite director having made the likes of Dog Day Afternoon, Serpico, Network and The Hill. 12 Angry Men as well but I've still to watch that. Bit surreal him dying considering I've watched half a dozen of his films in the last fortnight or so.

Anyway, just after watching American Beauty for the first time. Fantastic film.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I've been watching lots of Frasier lately. It is glorious. :D Thanks to my brother for reintroducing all 11 seasons of it to me right before my final year exams. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Gossip Girl catch-up time! I'm going to turn my negative vibes into beautiful television...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

The Blind Side..

It's amazing. I thought it was going to be about a blind rugby player.. Shock, horror, etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

A walk to remember.
    We've been watching it in religion and, wow, it's amazing.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I <3 a walk to remember, it's so sad though.

I went to see Rio the other day. It. Is. AMAZING.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Just watched The Shawshank Redemption for the first time.

I couldn't decide whether or not it's the best movie I've ever seen. Then I asked myself the question, 'if you had to recommend one film to someone, what would it be?' It was then I understood how much of a masterpiece it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

"Ped-oh?" LMAO. I love fair city <3

Advertisement