Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

^Ahaha, that was so ridiculous

Also I watched The Cove last night, it's about Japanese fishermen killing dolphins, like they literally turned the sea red. THE SADNESS. Watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

I watched The Invasion yesterday. Twas pretty good. The boy who plays Nicole Kidman's son in it is sooo cute. :o

Watched The Way Back last week. I thought it was brilliant. Wish I had gone to see it in the cinema when it first came out because I'd say the scenery was fantastic on the big screen. :)

Also I saw The Simpsons episode from the new series on Sky earlier. Gotta love The Simpsons sure. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 oneshotfinch

I found a boxset of all the Lost episodes for 80 euros. Good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Just watched The Shawshank Redemption for the first time.

I couldn't decide whether or not it's the best movie I've ever seen. Then I asked myself the question, 'if you had to recommend one film to someone, what would it be?' It was then I understood how much of a masterpiece it is.

I still have not seen that film!

Saw The Wizard of Oz the other night. Or bits of it, anyway. It's awful. I'm glad I never saw it as a child because it really is cringeworthingly bad.

Parents currently watching The Cider House Rules. I'm half-following it but it seems a bit dull tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Watched a couple of German films in the last couple of days after scouring Roger Ebert's top 250 films list. First one was Wings of Desire, definitely the most poetic film I've seen. It's about an angel (Bruno Ganz, who played Hitler in Downfall) who watches over Berlin but grows weary of being immortal after falling in love with someone so decides to become a human and seek her out. Cinematography is amazing in it and it also boasts Nick Cave and Columbo.

Aguirre: Wrath of God. Another really good film. It follows a Spanish expedition seeking for the mythical El Dorado. Not much of a plot other than that one member mutinies, becomes crazy and perseveres despite being targeted by the local tribes. It's a bit like Southern Comfort / Deliverance, only much darker. Next films on the list are Adventureland and Amelie. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

So I've been watching Band of Brothers. I got the DVD boxset ages ago, watched the first episode which I found good but not really living up to the hype and I forgot about it. But then I got Easter holidays and boredom + unwatched DVD boxset = win, so I moved onto episode two....wow.

Best series ever. I'm not quite finished yet, nearly there but it's just so engrossing and interesting and just brilliant in so many ways. I'm definitely gonna have to watch The Pacific during summer, I've heard it isn't quite as good but if it's even on the same wavelength.../may be slightly obsessed and have spent hours looking up the most intricate details of what I've seen. WHY am I not doing LC History? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Watched a French film Angel-a there during the week.
    Very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I watch "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" the other day. It was really, really good. Kinda weird at the start where it's all from his point of view but I guess it had more meaning that way. Also I watched it dubbed into Spanish; I hate dubbed films.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Doctor Who is back! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I just watched Raging Bull. Absolutely brilliant film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

War Of The Buttons, what a movie :)

And anyone see Fair City last night? It was so funny but so shocking at the same time.
    They threw a tea towel over her head!!! :pac:

War Of The Buttons, what a movie :)

And anyone see Fair City last night? It was so funny but so shocking at the same time.
    They threw a tea towel over her head!!! :pac:

Ahahahaha, 'she's not dead, she's concussed' and she's just there not moving with her eyes wide open. Poor Barry.

The Wind That Shakes the Barley on TV3 in a few minutes. Cillian Murphy om nom nom...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Got back into That 70s Show :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Found loads of full Disney movies on youtube (cos I'm 7), Mulan is amazing. Best songs ever and the I still kind of find the Huns scary.
    "Would you like to stay for dinner?"
    "Would you like to stay forever?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

illiop wrote: »
    I watch "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" the other day. It was really, really good. Kinda weird at the start where it's all from his point of view but I guess it had more meaning that way. Also I watched it dubbed into Spanish; I hate dubbed films.
    Love that movie! The book is amazing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 oneshotfinch

Namlub wrote: »
    Found loads of full Disney movies on youtube (cos I'm 7), Mulan is amazing. Best songs ever and the I still kind of find the Huns scary.
    "Would you like to stay for dinner?"
    "Would you like to stay forever?"

You're NEVER too old for Disney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Love that movie! The book is amazing too.

"Mithra-Grandchamp is the women we were unable to love, the chances we failed to seize, the moments of happiness we allowed to drift away. Today it seems to me that my whole life was nothing but a string of those small near misses"

Love that book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

The Ring. Seven days. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭red_red_wine

I haven't read through the entire thread, so I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but I've been engaging in a year long love affair with The West Wing.

If there were ever a programme you'll get addicted to, it's this (but I tell myself it's ok, because it's borderline educational!)

If you don't know much about US politics (which I didn't, a year ago) you'll learn quite a bit. Obviously, it's fiction, but the partisan dynamics seem fairly realistic, now that I've become a bit less ignorant to the US politics of the real world.

If you want eye-candy, there's plenty of that too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Been ordered to watch Dr.Who? Maybe after the LC...

• Advertisement

Watched Requiem For A Dream yesterday. Fantastic film about drug addiction, by far the most evocative thing I've ever watched judging by the amount of times I grimaced during it (and it takes a lot for me to get squeamish).

Also watched Amélie the other day. Good, very good, but didn't live up to what I was expecting. Maybe it was because of my tired, cranky mood, but by the end I was just bemused by her tomfoolery.

Oh and Adventureland. Great film. The girl from Twilight is in it, and she can act!

Also finished all four seasons of Mad Men in just a month. Class/poetic/amazing/masterful/engrossing. Have to say, my month-long obsession with it and the lack of forthcoming episodes (til 2012 at least) has made it leave a noticeable void in my life. :(

(Probably should stop watching stuff and instead concentrate on cramming a whole module's worth of stuff that I know preciously little about. :()

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Watched all 3 hours and 25 mins of the uncut version of Das Boot earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I haven't read through the entire thread, so I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but I've been engaging in a year long love affair with The West Wing.

If there were ever a programme you'll get addicted to, it's this (but I tell myself it's ok, because it's borderline educational!)

If you don't know much about US politics (which I didn't, a year ago) you'll learn quite a bit. Obviously, it's fiction, but the partisan dynamics seem fairly realistic, now that I've become a bit less ignorant to the US politics of the real world.

If you want eye-candy, there's plenty of that too :p
    I didn't like it because they didn't go in-depth enough into possibly brilliant story-lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

90210 ..... it's actually brilliant!

I'm loving the Max/Naomi storyline :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Also watched Amélie the other day. Good, very good, but didn't live up to what I was expecting. Maybe it was because of my tired, cranky mood, but by the end I was just bemused by her tomfoolery.

Watched that in TY, don't think it lived up to the hype at all. She was annoying and it was boring as far as I remember :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I liked Amélie... :(

I watched thirty minutes of Amelie and got bored. Tale for another day I guess...

It's very funny in places (the orgasm scene(s) in particular) but I just found the love story to be totally contrived and silly. Still liked it, mind.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

We'd to watch that on French day, all the TYs with english subtitles

By god we hated it... :pac:

• Advertisement

Yes, I am a year late to the party (although in my defence I've had it downloaded since before Christmas) but wow, Inception is probably the best movie I've ever seen. Also, something is seriously wrong with me but I kinda teared up at the end. I don't cry at films, ever. I'm also rather proud of myself that it didn't confuse me that much. :pac:

Advertisement