Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

So I watched The Wind that shakes the barley on monday night and The Hurricane last night (no, it's not another one of those awful natural disaster movies!) and they are up their with my favourite movies ever now :) Serious films like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Slow Show wrote: »
    Also, something is seriously wrong with me but I kinda teared up at the end.
    It has to be the music. It just has to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Colm! wrote: »
    It has to be the music. It just has to be.

Exactly, I had to download the soundtrack as soon as it was over when I heard that song, and it's been on a loop for the last hour. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Anyone seen Desperate Housewives on Tuesday night? Funny stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Deadliest Catch is fast becoming one of my favourite shows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I watched City of God last night, I didn't get the hype tbh. Granted I was tired and not in the mood for subtitles, but I didn't like any of the characters and everyone kept getting shot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Namlub wrote: »
    I watched City of God last night, I didn't get the hype tbh. Granted I was tired and not in the mood for subtitles, but I didn't like any of the characters and everyone kept getting shot...

Not even the photographer kid or the hipster?! I loved it tbh, it's in my top ten favourite films. I find that girls don't really appreciate gangster / crime flicks as much as guys though.. I for one have an interest in them that's bordering on obsession. :D

I've realised that there's a wealth of amazing foreign films out there that I need to watch so I'm going through this list. Just watched M, a German film made in 1931 about a child murderer causing havoc in a city. Eventually a bunch of criminals join the police in trying to catch him. Excellent stuff.

Also watched Withnail and I last night. Forgot how funny it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Not even the photographer kid or the hipster?! I loved it tbh, it's in my top ten favourite films. I find that girls don't really appreciate gangster / crime flicks as much as guys though.. I for one have an interest in them that's bordering on obsession. :D
    Ahaha, the part where the hipster busts through the door and says "I've become a playboy" was the best part of the entire thing. I was just a bit meh about all of them, Lil Ze though...horrible boy. I usually like that type of stuff though, I watched it because I thought it was going to be like La Haine...it kind of wasn't <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'm joining that icheck website so I can actually watch films without getting tired and bored after twenty minutes...getting to the half-hour mark kills me, after that it's all good, as long as the film is decent. Damn my attention span. :(

Namlub wrote: »
    Ahaha, the part where the hipster busts through the door and says "I've become a playboy" was the best part of the entire thing. I was just a bit meh about all of them, Lil Ze though...horrible boy. I usually like that type of stuff though, I watched it because I thought it was going to be like La Haine...it kind of wasn't <_<

Ooh La Haine, watched that in French class years ago. Must watch it again. I've since found that Vincent Cassel was one of the actors, extra incentive!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I forgot how unreal Cats and Dogs is <3
    I actually loved this sooooooooo much when I was younger, I used rent the video every Friday <3333333333

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Fast and the Furious 5 was surprisingly good! Om nom Vin Diesel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Thor.

Thor_movie_poster1.jpg

All man. Worth every penny.. And it's surprisingly hilarious!

WIN WIN :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Just watched Roots, pretty awesome.

Don't seem to be able to find the sequel series anywhere, but maybe that's for the best, can't imagine it comparing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Really into Game of Thrones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

"This is Richard. Richard is your husband."

Grey's breaks my heart sometimes.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

the-hunks.jpg

My life is pathetic.

ohthebaby wrote: »

My life is pathetic.

I watch that too.
    I always have to skip forward the "gratuitous hunk moments" for fear someone will walk in.. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Watched 'The Walking Dead'
    Excellent series. The ending had me pulling out my hair though -_-

marko93 wrote: »
    Watched 'The Walking Dead'
    Excellent series. The ending had me pulling out my hair though -_-

Can't wait for the next series :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I went to the preview of Hanna last night. It was ok, nothing spectacular, although I suppose if you like action movies you'd like it more. There's some funny bits in it too. The sound track is amazing though and makes the fighty scenes more interesting, <3 for the chemical brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

seanbmc wrote: »
    Can't wait for the next series :)
    Same, when is it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Really into Game of Thrones.

Loving it, however watching it with your mother can turn into quite the awkward situation.

Fairly Legal.
    The Defenders.
    The Good Wife.

I love law shows.

marko93 wrote: »
    Same, when is it out?

No idea, don't think it's been announced yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

No idea, don't think it's been announced yet.
    I was reading about it I think its October but I assume they were talking about America so unless you have Fox it will be later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Angels & Demons :D

leemurta wrote: »
    I was reading about it I think its October but I assume they were talking about America so unless you have Fox it will be later.

Ah cool, well it won't matter to me where it's aired as I'll still be able to watch it.

Watched Machete. A definite 'must see' for anyone who loves ridiculous action films like Con Air and 300. Fwiw, I don't, yet somehow got drawn to watching it anyway.

Has nothing to do with the inclusion of Michelle Rodriguez and Jessica Alba, I swear.. >.>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I just put Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on my iphone. Bus trips shall be much more entertaining from now on :)

Advertisement