Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I saw Water For Elephants and it wasn't half bad!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I saw Water For Elephants and it wasn't half bad!!:)
    Oh cool, I really want to see that actually.

Purely because Robert Pattinson is in it, but still >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I'm watching Happily Never After 2 on SKY family :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Goodbye SGU

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

New series of The Apprentice is starting tonight \o/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

BEASTLY.
    It was so good.

@Namlub

Does The Apprentice be on everyday on BBC? It's on the listings it just says "Continues tomorrow".

If so I don't think I'll start watching it, cos I'll get addicted and all my shows start at 9... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

It's on today and tomorrow, and from then on it's just on every Wednesday night I think. Gah I hope the contestants are good

Namlub wrote: »
    It's on today and tomorrow, and from then on it's just on every Wednesday night I think. Gah I hope the contestants are good

OH THATS GRAND!

I never have telly on Wednesday cos it's a crap night.. THIS. IS. UNREAL.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Just saw in bruges there,excellnt film,a comedy but it also makes you think.Also saw the Big Lebowski earlier today another classic!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just saw in bruges there,excellnt film,a comedy but it also makes you think.Also saw the Big Lebowski earlier today another classic!

Two of my favourite films. :) Good choices.

I plan to re-watch "Apocalypse Now", "Full Metal Jacket", and "Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas" in the next week/ten days, as well as watching "Bronson" and "The Watchmen" for the first time. The challenge is to fit 5 films into 10 days of my usual busy life... >_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Powering my way through the third season of 30 Rock. Very good as usual but not getting the huge laughs that season two provided.

Also going to give The Wire another hard run. It's terribly boring for the first few episodes but I read it gets much better. Just finished the third episode and it's looking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

I plan to re-watch "Apocalypse Now", "Full Metal Jacket",
    If you're into war films,and you seem to be!I'd reccomend "Letters from Iwo Jima" if you haven't seen it already.

Saw "limitless" and "Harry Brown" yesterday.Limtless was meh,watchable but far from a must see.Harry Brown was a bit predictable but still an excellent film,especially Michael Caine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Finally watched Crimes and Misdemeanours, a DVD I'd had from the library for many a yonk. Woody Allen makes a darn good film. Well, he used to anyway.

I'm watching ANTM :):):)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Finally got around to watching "One Hour Photo" just there. I remember the ads from when it first came out in 2002, and although I wanted to see it I never got around to it. Probably just as well! It was a very creepy little film. The slow shots, the haunting score, Robin Williams' acting, all combined to great effect.

There was something about it that reminded me of "Hard Candy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I just watched the last episode in this season's "How I Met Your Mother". Nothing major happened...at least nothing you wont see coming but it was an excellent episode. In fact, an excellent season all round. I love it so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

illiop wrote: »
    I just watched the last episode in this season's "How I Met Your Mother". Nothing major happened...at least nothing you wont see coming but it was an excellent episode. In fact, an excellent season all round. I love it so much.

I <3 that, just watched the episode myself. They really aren't the best for shock story lines. The two big shocks could have been guessed early on in the season.

I'm just watching the primetime investigates taxi thing that was on last night. Scary stuff, I'll think twice about taxis from now on.

Finally got around to watching "One Hour Photo" just there. I remember the ads from when it first came out in 2002, and although I wanted to see it I never got around to it. Probably just as well! It was a very creepy little film. The slow shots, the haunting score, Robin Williams' acting, all combined to great effect.

There was something about it that reminded me of "Hard Candy".

Ugh! That film creeped me out, it's so strange seeing Robin act like that and then the last scene in the hotel room so crazy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Just started How I Met Your Mother, also this summer planning to get to Gossip Girl, possibly Skins (yes I missed the boat on that one!), Black Books, The Wire, catch up on Scrubs and House.

Gunna be a laaazy summer! :D

"My name's Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

"My name's Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump."
    I love that film so much.

I'm in a weird place now,all my shows are finished;SGU,No ordinary family,How i met your mother.
    True Blood is back end of june i think but now I've no idea what to tide me over.Maybe smallville

I love that film so much.

I'm in a weird place now,all my shows are finished;SGU,No ordinary family,How i met your mother.
    True Blood is back end of june i think but now I've no idea what to tide me over.Maybe smallville

THIS GOT CANCELLED. :(
    I'M SO UPSET!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I just discovered that series 3 of United States of Tara was actually made this year. I hadn't realised, so I've that to watch yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Just started How I Met Your Mother

Excellent choice.

Excellent choice.

People go on about it all the time, and all during the college year I complain about not having time to watch dvds, so I've all the first series ready to go! I've only seen the first 2 episodes but all is good so far :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

The Tim and Eric show on Adult Swim, late night cartoon network. :D Check it out lads, the funniest, abstract, best acted comedy show I've seen in a while. Spagett! I'll embed a few sketches tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Saw Water For Elephants twice this week. Wow.

MavisDavis wrote: »
    Saw Water For Elephants twice this week. Wow.

I loved that too, even though I don't like Robert Pattinson usually. Brilliant film :)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Saw Juno for the first time earlier today. It's one of the best movies I've seen, I loved it! Wizard soundtrack, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

flyswatter wrote: »
    The Tim and Eric show on Adult Swim, late night cartoon network. :D Check it out lads, the funniest, abstract, best acted comedy show I've seen in a while. Spagett! I'll embed a few sketches tomorrow.

Adult Swim is still on Cartoon Network!?! I saw it a few times on CN (years ago) then it seemingly disappeared but managed to find that the stuff was on Bravo as well. I don't suppose Metalocalypse or Robot Chicken are showing, are they? :o

Advertisement