Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

^ must.....resist......checking......spoiler. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Lawliet wrote: »
    Just finished True Blood today, very, very happy that
    Sookie broke up with Bill. Hopefully it's for good this time, I didn't like Bill even before I found out about his manipulative, back-stabbing side.
    Besides Eric's just better.

we'll find out soon enough,the next season is out some time this month I think.
    I'm starting to watch smallville,it's actually really good i don't know why I never gave it a chance before now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Slow Show wrote: »
    gonna have to check out this Blue Bloods thing tomorrow night too.
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Same! Hope it's good, summer telly is usually crap

Loved it!!

Did anyone else hav a gawk at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Why do they always have to have sequels of successful movies, even if there is no reason? >_<

DMAX is the best channel ever. Me and my friend Jessie are now obsessed with Toddlers And Tiaras and I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant.

Nothing can compare to Syfy with its incredible movies such as:

Dinoshark
    Dinocroc
    Titantic 2
    Snakes on a Train

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I watched Never Back Down and How to Lose Friends and Alienate People yesterday and today. I really enjoyed Never Back Down (although it was completely cliqued). How to Lose Friends was grand. I wouldn't sit through it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Just started watching Dexter.Only on episode 5 of the first series but its really good so far.

Something god to watch now since its the summer and I've loads of extra free time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Loved it!!

Did anyone else hav a gawk at it?

I'm going to watch it later if I can find it online, and then if I like it I'll styart watching it on tv from next week... Well worth a look you reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Arrested Development. What a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

^I fully agree with the above.

At the moment I'm ENGROSSED in Game of Thrones. It's so good. I really wanted to read the books before it came out but sure I might soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Watched Mars Attacks! for about the twentieth time today. One of my most favouritest movies ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I'm going to watch it later if I can find it online, and then if I like it I'll styart watching it on tv from next week... Well worth a look you reckon?

Defo! I really enjoyed it! It's not a cop show about crime, it's a cop show about cops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Been totally addicted to Community these past few days. One of the best American comedies I've come across, the whole set up kinda reminds me of Scrubs but it's not nearly as annoying.

Also nearing the end of the final season of The Wire. I really envy anyone watching the show from the start for the first time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Also nearing the end of the final season of The Wire. I really envy anyone watching the show from the start for the first time. :(

Have had the first season on DVD beside my bed for the last month or so, untouched. I wish everyone would stop telling me how amazing and addictive it is, I've been using all of my self control to stop myself from watching it until exams are over!
    Gonna go feckin' mental on it for the Summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Watched Moby Dick on the Sci-Fi channel last night. Stayed up late to watch it all even though I had to be up at eight this morning. Worth every moment.

OH HE'S NOT A WHALE HE'S THE DEVIL HIMSELF!

I'D STRIKE THE SUN IF IT INSULTED ME!

Captain, why would a whale act like this?
    WHY DO BABIES DIE IN THEIR SLEEP?!

So many classic lines, brilliantly acted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Moby Dick's about a whale? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭BlueNemo

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Moby Dick's about a whale? :confused:

I don't even want to know what you thought it was about.

Just watched Marley & Me. I hate myself for crying at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Namlub wrote: »
    Yeh I rewatched it the other week actually. It taught me the valuable life lesson of how to swear in French, so good
    any more french movie suggestions :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

marko93 wrote: »
    any more french movie suggestions :3
    Amelie obviously <3 and Les Choristes is really good too! Persepolis is also good.

Oh and Paris Je T'aime is another one I liked :)

Watch The Class. :) It's amazzzing! <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Oh I like the sound of that! Reminds me of the movie Freedom Writers :)

• Advertisement

Oh I like the sound of that! Reminds me of the movie Freedom Writers :)

Yeah it's pretty similar to that (Which I also looove!) but it's more dramatic/deals with more issues! :)

Jeux D'Enfants is also amazeballs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

What almostnever and Noel said, also Tell No One, L'Appartement, Welcome, Le Diner de Cons and Au Revoir Les Enfants
    Amelie obviously <3 and Le Choriste is really good too! Persepolis is also good.

Oh and Paris Je T'aime is another one I liked :)
    Loooove that movie. There's another one called New York, I Love You. So, so bad ;_;

Oh and how could I forget De Battre Mon Coeur S'est Arrêté!? Roman Duris....NOMNOMNOM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Les Choristes is an amazing movie. One worthwhile thing we did in TY :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Hors de Prix is another great one. It was on RTE 2 there the other evening I think but I missed it. It's defo one of my favourites and it's really funny. I think that's how you spell it which is bad considering I'm halfway through a French degree...... Yay for French films! They're always so weird and warped.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

First person to put all of those French film-titles into 1 convenient post for me gets "thanks"... >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

ohthebaby wrote: »
    Hors de Prix is another great one. It was on RTE 2 there the other evening I think but I missed it. It's defo one of my favourites and it's really funny. I think that's how you spell it which is bad considering I'm halfway through a French degree...... Yay for French films! They're always so weird and warped.
    I watched it! That's what I love, you'd never see a Hollywood movie like that. Also Audrey Tautou makes me sick ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

If you have sky go through the movie channels and there's one called Cinémoi, it comes with all sky packages and show french films exclusively. It's great. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

+1 on Les Choriste and Le Haine, excellent films. Au Revoir Les Enfants rings a bell and I'm half sure I watched it in TY but I can't for the life of me remember anything about it. Still undecided on Amelie.

I'd throw in the Mesrine films (superb crime flicks), Les triplettes de Belleville (one of my favourite animations) and Un Chien Andalou (a fantastic surreal short that inspired the song Debaser by Pixies, think it's on YouTube).

Advertisement