Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

La Haine is amazing. We studied it last year in college and it's just brilliant. I found all my notes of it the other day and I sat to read them all. It's such a great, great film. You always find something new everytime you look at it. I'm going to France for a few weeks tomorrow night, this has me all excited now! We better have a telly......

Another great one is Le scaphandre et le papillion, once again not sure if that's spelled properly. Translates to English as The Diving Bell and the Butterfly so some of you may have read the book it's based on in English. Very, very good film and the French isn't too difficult for the most part. Unlike La Haine where you have to actively research curse words to make sense of half of it.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Les Choristes is an amazing movie. One worthwhile thing we did in TY :P

Aww we watched that this year and then did the song for our grad!!
    Love, love, love it so much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

First person to put all of those French film-titles into 1 convenient post for me gets "thanks"... >_>

La Haine, Amelie, Les Choristes, Paris Je T'aime, The Class, Jeux D'Enfants, Tell No One, L'Appartement, Welcome, Le Diner de Cons, Au Revoir Les Enfants, De Battre Mon Coeur S'est Arrêté, Hors de Prix, Mesrine films= Les triplettes de Belleville Un Chien Andalou

Purely because I'm copying and pasting them into my summer films list >.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

For French language films, Persepolis is pretty amazing. It's based on a graphic novel about the Iranian Revolution. Je vais bien, ne t'en fais pas is another good French film; it stars Mélanie Laurent (i.e. Shoshanna from Inglourious Basterds)

I'd also recommend any movie (French or otherwise) with Marion Cotillard in it. Simply because she is insanely beautiful. :cool: And that accent....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I'd also recommend any movie (French or otherwise) with Marion Cotillard in it. Simply because she is insanely beautiful. :cool: And that accent....

ESPECIALLY Inception.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

marko93 wrote: »
    any more french movie suggestions :3

Priceless :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Finished season five of The Wire.. What a show, by far the most realistic ever put to screen. Probably not as fulfilling as other shows for that very reason (the way certain characters bow out, function, act morally) but still the seasons come together like an immense and powerful novel. Feel kinda empty now that there's no more to come. Maybe the US Attorney General will have his wishes for new episodes granted.. maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Cramming in a weeks worth of Britain's Got Talent before the final tonight...didn't even realise it had been on! Really really milking the fact that I can sit and watch cheesy crap for a few weeks before my exam results bring me back down to earth...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 seoirserob

watched 'century of the self' over the last few nights, great documentary, eye opener that begins with the guy who invented Public Relations, so called because the term 'Propaganda' was developing negative associations . . .

Cramming in a weeks worth of Britain's Got Talent before the final tonight...didn't even realise it had been on! Really really milking the fact that I can sit and watch cheesy crap for a few weeks before my exam results bring me back down to earth...

New Bounce ftw!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Priceless :)
    What have I done D:

What have I done D:

What!! I think its really funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

What!! I think its really funny!
    That im clueless with french movies? :(
    I used to think you were cool :/
    On a more serious note, i started watching Swamp People.. It's excellent :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Watched Persepolis there, bit disappointed as I didn't think it lived up to some of the reviews its had, good film nonetheless though. Too quirky for my liking..

I used to think you were cool :/

Your first big mistake :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

While re-watching series 1 of One Tree Hill, I've remembered my love for Nathan and Hayley's growing love. THEY ARE SO CUTE. ♥

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    While re-watching series 1 of One Tree Hill, I've remembered my love for Nathan and Hayley's growing love. THEY ARE SO CUTE. ♥

I re watched them all over christmas :)

I re watched them all over christmas :)

I've just been watching them on e4 every morning at 9 :)

I only started watching the entire thing the summer before last and I got SO addicted. <3 I have to buy EVERY dvd of it now..

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

I've been watching it on e4 myself. They are adorable. I prefer Brooke now though. Also, Lucas was so much hotter in those days!

Naley FTW <3<3

Buy them on amazon seperately, got each for like 7 quid each!!

• Advertisement

I've been watching it on e4 myself. They are adorable. I prefer Brooke now though. Also, Lucas was so much hotter in those days!

I looove Brooke too, especially in the new season which sadly ended.. :( Bring on S9 even though it's the last season and James Lafferty only signed on part time.. /cry :(
    Naley FTW <3<3

Buy them on amazon seperately, got each for like 7 quid each!!

SERIOUS? :eek:

Bring back Leyton!

I'm like a season behind =/ college and stuff got in the way :(
    Last thing I remember is
    Quinn and Clay (om nom nom...) getting shot
    but I prob saw a few episodes after that.

I need to go find where I was =/

I looove Brooke too, especially in the new season which sadly ended.. :( Bring on S9 even though it's the last season and James Lafferty only signed on part time.. /cry :(

Just saw your post Sarahbeep, DON'T READ THE SPOILER!
    I've only seen a little of the new series because
    clay dying depressed me far too much
    . But I read one of your spoilers a while back about
    Brooke and Julians wedding
    so I have to watch it soon. They make me happy.

Thanks for the warning :D either of you have any idea where I was?? :(

Thanks for the warning :D either of you have any idea where I was?? :(

Finale of season 7 I think.

I'm like a season behind =/ college and stuff got in the way :(
    Last thing I remember is
    Quinn and Clay (om nom nom...) getting shot
    but I prob saw a few episodes after that.

I need to go find where I was =/

You're done season 7, so you're a season behind!:)
    Just saw your post Sarahbeep, DON'T READ THE SPOILER!
    I've only seen a little of the new series because
    clay dying depressed me far too much
    . But I read one of your spoilers a while back about
    Brooke and Julians wedding
    so I have to watch it soon. They make me happy.
    CLAY'S NOT DEAD!.. WHAT?!!!!

Wowza..

You're done season 7, so you're a season behind!:)

CLAY'S NOT DEAD!.. WHAT?!!!!

Wowza..

NO WAY! I was sure he was going to die when he went into the hospital and then you heard someone flatlining. I just stopped watching. Paha! Well I feel like a knob. Gonna go watch the end of that episode now.

Season 8 episode 2 it is :D

NO WAY! I was sure he was going to die when he went into the hospital and then you heard someone flatlining. I just stopped watching. Paha! Well I feel like a knob. Gonna go watch the end of that episode now.
    Nopeee that carries on for loads of episodes! It all makes sense halfway through the series! :P

• Advertisement

Sorry for the double post, but

I JUST SAW X MEN: FIRST CLASS.

It's amazing.. best X Men ever! I can't wait for the next one.

And WOW the girl who plays Mystique is so hot, it's unreal..

Advertisement