Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Pygmalion wrote: »

Band.Of.Brothers
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer
    Cowboy Bebop
    Dexter
    House
    How I Met Your Mother
    The Inbetweeners
    I've seen most of them. They are all fantastic! Especiall love house and BoB, Cowboy Bebop is a lovely little series aswell.. The Inbetweeners is always fantastic for a little comedy :)
    The Pacific is a "sequel" to Band of Brothers if that looks good, but I have yet to watch it, so can't really recommend.
    I can tell you if you liked BoB, you should love this aswell.
    Fantastic in my opinion, got it on blu ray just for all that detail and surround sound. Best 40 euro ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I play Gaelic Football with one of the guys who'll be on it in July. :cool:

2 women from my village are on next weeks one! Well I think next week is Waterford!

One of them's good friends with my mam and she said she can't tell who won because if word gets out that TV3 would cancel the showing of the episode and no one would get the €1000 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

A big +1 for this lot (only started watching HIMYM tonight, seems decent, though Ted has to be one of the least likeable lead characters in a show ever)

Band.Of.Brothers
    Brass.Eye
    Breaking.Bad
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer
    Dexter
    How I Met Your Mother
    Oz
    The IT Crowd

I also recommend The Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire, I'm Alan Partridge, The Day Today, Peep Show and Community (soooo good).

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Kill Bill Vol. 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I play Gaelic Football with one of the guys who'll be on it in July. :cool:

I really wish I'd applied :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I continued my occasional flirtation with anime films, and watched 5 Centimetres Per Second the other night... :( is the only smiley appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I continued my occasional flirtation with anime films, and watched 5 Centimetres Per Second the other night... :( is the only smiley appropriate.

I also :('d, but in a manly way.
    In fact, maybe it only looked like I was making that face because of the weight of my manly facial hair.

Admit it. You're a softie like me.

Admit it. You're a softie like me.

692754_T.JPG

(L-R; Duffy, Pygmallion )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Hanna.

Unreal soundtrack. I want to become a child assassin when I grow up....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Just watched Memoirs of a Geisha. So unbelievably good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

bythewoods wrote: »
    Just watched Memoirs of a Geisha. So unbelievably good.
    Ha, I just watched it yesterday. I felt like Hatsumomo could have been better in the movie but meh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

<3 that movie.

So many shows I want to start watching! Community, Twin Peaks, Game of Thrones, Firefly... I'll have to make out some sort of schedule >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Hanna.

Unreal soundtrack. I want to become a child assassin when I grow up....

I still haven't listened to that soundtrack because I kinda want to watch the film first. Kind of annoying me that there's some Chemical Brothers stuff that I'm deciding not to listen to :mad:

I want to finish watching or start watching all of the following shows:

Black Books
    Community
    Criminal Minds
    Fringe
    Game of Thrones
    House
    How I Met Your Mother
    Life On Mars
    Numb3rs

It's alphabetically top-heavy.
    I'm also looking forward to the next season of entourage, which I'm caught up on, and also I.T. Crowd and Supernatural.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I watched Band of Brothers and Inbetweeners over Easter! Brilliant stuff! Currently watching Everwood at the moment when I have time, not widely known but very good all the same.

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I watched Band of Brothers and Inbetweeners over Easter! Brilliant stuff! Currently watching Everwood at the moment when I have time, not widely known but very good all the same.

Watched it after exams, can't believe I didn't watch it first time around!! So many classic moments :pac::pac: Can't wait for the movie!

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Watched it after exams, can't believe I didn't watch it first time around!! So many classic moments :pac::pac: Can't wait for the movie!

I'm excited about the movie to a pathetic extent:P Can't wait! I might watch the whole series again before it's out:)

I'm excited about the movie to a pathetic extent:P Can't wait! I might watch the whole series again before it's out:)

Can't believe we're expected to wait until August 19th for it...torture!

Can't believe we're expected to wait until August 19th for it...torture!

That's the day after the LC results are out...I'll be going to the cinema majorly hungover anyway!:pac:

• Advertisement

That's the day after the LC results are out...I'll be going to the cinema majorly hungover anyway!:pac:

Pretty sure that'd be like 3D...it'd bring you INTO the film :P:P:P:P:P

Pretty sure that'd be like 3D...it'd bring you INTO the film :P:P:P:P:P

Not sure if it's the kind of film I want to be brought into...flashbacks to Simon's "slippage" in the school fashion show!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭BlueBaron

marko93 wrote: »
    Dream Team if youre feeling nostalgic, cant remember how far it gets before it becomes an absolute tradegy.

Have you any idea where to get them??

I've been searching for ages, no luck at all.

Myself and Noels discussion of Emma Stone on another thread led to my discovery that they're making a new Spiderman film with a completely different cast and storyline, and it'll be directed by the fella who made 500 Days of Summer...

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Myself and Noels discussion of Emma Stone on another thread led to my discovery that they're making a new Spiderman film with a completely different cast and storyline, and it'll be directed by the fella who made 500 Days of Summer...

What?

I can't wait for this! At first I didn't really like the concept but I'm warming to it. Plus Andrew Garfield looks good in the spidey suit.

andrew_garfield_spider_man.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Hold up...? Andrew Garfield is going to be a new Spiderman.

How was I not aware of this??? :eek:

I thought they were making a Spiderman 4 with Tobey Maguire and co, whatever happened to that? :confused:

Slow Show wrote: »
    I thought they were making a Spiderman 4 with Tobey Maguire and co, whatever happened to that? :confused:

Sam Raimi decided not to direct it and so they settled on a reboot.

It looks like it might be good, its just very soon to reboot a franchise after the last trilogy of films.

Sam Raimi decided not to direct it and so they settled on a reboot.

It looks like it might be good, its just very soon to reboot a franchise after the last trilogy of films.

It's about time Gwen Stacy got a mention!! She was the reeeeeeal love of Spiderman's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Ended up watching a serbian film recently...its horrific.

Really wouldn't recomend it to anyone.It's horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Ended up watching a serbian film recently...its horrific.

Really wouldn't recomend it to anyone.It's horrible.

Been recommended to me a few times, have yet to watch it.

Advertisement