Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Been recommended to me a few times, have yet to watch it.

I nearly got sick reading the wikipedia article about it. I'd severely advise everyone not to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Oh lordy I just read the wikipedia article...note to self: avoid this film at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Slow Show wrote: »
    Oh lordy I just read the wikipedia article...note to self: avoid this film at all costs.
    I sounds completely horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Been recommended to me a few times, have yet to watch it.

Trust me its not something you'd want to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

Ended up watching a serbian film recently...its horrific.

Really wouldn't recomend it to anyone.It's horrible.
    I hadn't heard of it and was like what on earth is so wrong with Serbian cinema? Googled it. Shan't be adding that to the list of films I want to see anyway:-/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Stayed up watching The Princess Bride last night, it's pretty awesome.

And far manlier than the name implies.

I started watching The Lives of Others last night and was sickened it was too late to finish.... Can't wait to finish it tonight.

EDIT: Finished it. One of the best films I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

I nearly got sick reading the wikipedia article about it. I'd severely advise everyone not to watch it.

Whats the name of the serbian film?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

domrush wrote: »
    Whats the name of the serbian film?

It's just called "A Serbian Film".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

It's just called "A Serbian Film".

oh thanks:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Myself and Noels discussion of Emma Stone on another thread led to my discovery that they're making a new Spiderman film with a completely different cast and storyline, and it'll be directed by the fella who made 500 Days of Summer...

What?

I'm just going to strap on my nerd hat: the new films are based on the remake of the cartoon [not the epic 90's one ]
    it's based on "ultimate" spiderman,where he's actually like 13-14. originally spiderman got his powers in early high school so he was effectively a kid,not the man and journalist from the movies that came later.

It's basically smallville for spiderman.

Also,smallville is win and I wish I read this thread over the weekend so many good reccomendations.I hate slow download speeds in the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Ohh dear god, gonna have to watch A serbian film now. Damn ye all for enticing my interest. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Also,smallville is win and I wish I read this thread over the weekend so many good reccomendations.I hate slow download speeds in the country

What broadband do you use? We live in the middle of nowhere and internet was always hideously slow. My sisters 3 mobile broadband thing was the only internet that worked properly so a while ago we got the 3 modem for a household instead of whatever we were on...and its really good! I had resigned to living an internet-less summer, any other company wouldn't have worked out here but the 3 coverage seems to be much better than the rest...if you were in the same situation as me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

What broadband do you use? We live in the middle of nowhere and internet was always hideously slow. My sisters 3 mobile broadband thing was the only internet that worked properly so a while ago we got the 3 modem for a household instead of whatever we were on...and its really good! I had resigned to living an internet-less summer, any other company wouldn't have worked out here but the 3 coverage seems to be much better than the rest...if you were in the same situation as me! :)
    I bought and pay for my own 3G internet modem thingy,its not the best but its faster than anything we can get here.My house still isn't viable for wired broadband,which is pants in this day and age,so much for "modern Ireland"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Watched a few John Hughes films this past week, Pretty In Pink wasn't very interesting, Sixteen Candles was better but a bit meh, and the Breakfast Club was great, definitely recommend it.

I bought and pay for my own 3G internet modem thingy,its not the best but its faster than anything we can get here.My house still isn't viable for wired broadband,which is pants in this day and age,so much for "modern Ireland"

Its ridiculous that we can get it a five minute walk away. Eircoms planning makes no sense! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Its ridiculous that we can get it a five minute walk away. Eircoms planning makes no sense! :mad:

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The first six minutes of the new season of True Blood has been released and it hasn't really made me excited for it tbh. Don't wanna spoil it but it's very...supernatural, and I don't really like that kind of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Lets skip to the important stuff: are there any gratuitous shots of Eric?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Lawliet wrote: »
    Lets skip to the important stuff: are there any gratuitous shots of Eric?
    No Eric at all, it's just Sookie :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Watched a film called Me, You and Everyone We Know today. It was a bit like having a strange dream, I really enjoyed it. I'd recommend it, but I think not having any expectations helps. It's just a cool way to pass an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Gran Torino was on tonight, I really enjoyed it. I love the way Clint Eastwood says "Fúck".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Anyone watch Masterchef Austrailia? :P 3 episodes every weekday on RTE and I'm absolutely loving it (i watch em all!) :pac: Hope André wins. He's so cute!

Anyone watch Masterchef Austrailia? :P 3 episodes every weekday on RTE and I'm absolutely loving it (i watch em all!) :pac: Hope André wins. He's so cute!

My sister is watching it. Its better than most of what she watches- When she puts Xpose on I have to leave the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Right lads/ladies!
    I'm finished the ole LC. It's summer. So it means become nocturnal time.
    BOOM.
    Right, i need series' i need movies. I NEED EVERYTHING.
    So some recomendations :D
    love youuuuu!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I just finished watching 'Waltz with Bashir' and I can honestly say its one of the best films I have ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I just finished watching 'Waltz with Bashir' and I can honestly say its one of the best films I have ever seen.

I saw that when it was first released, I don't think I've ever seen a more grim ending to a film. Utterly superb overall.

Just watched Changeling which I really enjoyed despite ITV2 incessant breaks for ads. Love Eastwood's understated direction; he wasn't ever a great actor (a solid one yeah) but he turned into a very good director.

Had a look through my hard drive earlier and realised that I don't have the remaining seasons of Dexter that I've yet to watch and had planned on watching this summer. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I started watching The Lives of Others last night and was sickened it was too late to finish.... Can't wait to finish it tonight.

EDIT: Finished it. One of the best films I've ever seen.

Such an amazing movie! I love the bit at the end with the book so much :3

• Advertisement

Such an amazing movie! I love the bit at the end with the book so much :3

"Nein, es ist fur mich."

Advertisement