Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Watched the movie Taken.

Liam Neeson is the man!!!!! Love him soooo much :D<3 Wish he was my dad (I love my dad obvs but like, Liam is just sooo damn cool).

"I will look for you. I will find you. And I will kill you."

"Good Luck".

Aaaahh love it. He's such a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Watched Downfall (Der Undergang) yesterday because I'm a massive sucker for anything WW2 related. The film was grand like, I don't think it was amazing as they kinda made Hitler seem like a sort-of OK chap with a few flaws, and the ending was a bit eh historically inaccurate but it passed two and a half hours nicely. And the part with the Goebbels children was so sad. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Feck it lads, gonna watch the DBZ series. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I watched Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die, about assisted suicide, last night. The last fifteen minutes had to have been the saddest thing I've ever watched, I cried the entire time. And not a few tears, like proper shaking and crying. I'd advise everyone to watch it though...

Namlub wrote: »
    I watched Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die, about assisted suicide, last night. The last fifteen minutes had to have been the saddest thing I've ever watched, I cried the entire time. And not a few tears, like proper shaking and crying. I'd advise everyone to watch it though...

I just watched that after seeing this...oh wow. I don't really cry at stuff but..
    just after Peter drank the second drink
    ...I just lost it, wow...Also, I'd consider myself pro-euthanasia when it's needed, but there's something about that that's just so...wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Slow Show wrote: »
    I just watched that after seeing this...oh wow. I don't really cry at stuff but..
    just after Peter drank the second drink
    ...I just lost it, wow...Also, I'd consider myself pro-euthanasia when it's needed, but there's something about that that's just so...wrong.
    Where did you watch it, seeing as the iPlayer isn't available to ROI?

I just googled and found this one second on the results:

http://www.novamov.com/video/ggi9a90x4s3ri

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I am watching ANTM :D

Ooh! Love the b!tchyness between the girls I'd say there's going to be a cat fight soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Rvb season 9 just started that shall keep my eyes occupied for a while

also I recently rediscovered my love for f.r.i.e.n.d.s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

The Walking Dead is so, so good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I just started watching "Modern Family". It's awesome, Jay and Gloria are my favourite tv couple, ever.

I watched "Benny and Joon" the other day. It wasn't as good as I expected it to be but Johnny Depp is wonderful in it. I also watched "My Girl" which was a ridiculous idea because I just spent the rest of the day crying.

I also watched "The End of the Line: The World Without Fish." which is utterly terrifying. I need to stop watching environmental documentaries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

IT Crowd repeats.

<3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

IT Crowd repeats.

<3

E4+1? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Just watched The Social network the other.
    Great film but Zuckerberg seems like a bit of a dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

"Nein, es ist fur mich."

Cue me sobbing and saying "Oh my god, it really is!" when I watch that bit. I'm such a rare bear :p
    IT Crowd repeats.

<3

They're showing the first season on Sunday nights at 9 on Network 2 now as well. Fracking love that show.

I've watched an inordinate amount of South Park this week thanks to Comedy Central. It's annoying how they constantly show the same ones though... I've probably seen "Insheeption" about 3 times on it in the last 2 weeks >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

The Falling Skies premiere was amazing!

Also True Blood season 4 starts like tomorrow I think AND Futurama came back with 2 new episodes the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Conor108 wrote: »
    Also True Blood season 4 starts like tomorrow .
    I'd totally forgotten about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Just started watching Carnivale, originally watched first few episodes around leaving cert but alas that became the priority at the time. I have a gut feeling already that this is going to be one of those shows that I watch with an unresolved conclusion. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Just started watching Carnivale, originally watched first few episodes around leaving cert but alas that became the priority at the time. I have a gut feeling already that this is going to be one of those shows that I watch with an unresolved conclusion. :eek:

I'm gonna start watching that too. The first episode is 2 hours long. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Conor108 wrote: »
    The Falling Skies premiere was amazing!

Also True Blood season 4 starts like tomorrow I think AND Futurama came back with 2 new episodes the other day.

Loving Falling Skies.

• Advertisement

Watched the first two episodes of the new season of True Blood. Whoah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    Overall good whoah. I was rolling my eyes about the
    time shift at first but I actually like how things have moved along.
    I still can't find any of Sam's storylines interesting though...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

That "whoah" intrigues me....
    /runs off to watch Episode 1. And possibly episode 2.....

EDIT: You gotta love how
    Sookie finally meets her long lost Grandad again....and he's dead within 10 minutes!
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

So I finished A Game of Thrones (book) at about 3.30a.m. and then started watching the series. I have to say, I want to watch more.

Where did you watch episode 2? I thought it wasn't getting aired till July

Petunia! I knew she looked familiar :P
    HBO have put it up online already so you should be able to find it wherever you watched episode 1?

Unrelated, the series finale of Made in Chelsea was as mind-blowingly awful and awkward as ever. God I love that show...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

HBO have put it up online already so you should be able to find it wherever you watched episode 1?

I watched Episode 1 on Youtube but they no-one's uploaded Episode 2 yet. And you can only watch it on the HBO site if you're in America. >.<

• Advertisement

<Snip>

(It is okay to post links to streaming sites right? >.>)

Advertisement