Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭deisedude

spirit_beehive.jpg
    I just ordered this off amazon. It's the film that inspired Pan's Labyrinth so it must be good!

I share your views and would like to subscribe to your newsletter!:D I think i'm going to watch my Del Toro boxset again now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

deisedude wrote: »
    I share your views and would like to subscribe to your newsletter!

Haha, I always say that :pac:

The IT Crowd, a programme which I quote from far too much <3<3<3

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

The IT Crowd is awesome! "What was all that about?"

I've just finished watching the first series of Glee, it's great! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

What were those reservations? I wasn't a huge fan of David Tenant. Yesterday's episode was pretty weak though.

I just got the impression they seemed to be making Smith into Tenant part two. I liked Tenant but I didn't want regenerations to become irrelevant to the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

syncosised wrote: »

I've just finished watching the first series of Glee, it's great! :)
    For your sig, syncosised :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

syncosised wrote: »

The IT Crowd is brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭red herring

Saw Jordan Scotts film, ''cracks'' last night. It tries hard to be haunting, there is an eerie tone. Eva Green was stunning, and played her role very well IMO, I loved the 1930s era clothes and there were some beautiful landscape scenes but overall I felt it lacked a certain something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I love the mentalist! At this stage it's up there with glee as one of my favourite shows at the moment!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

I love the mentalist! At this stage it's up there with glee as one of my favourite shows at the moment!:)

Ahh! I love the Mentalist too! It's pure class. I think it's funny how the police men he works with are always like "oh, you think we can't crack cases without you" then they try push him off cases, but they always up needing him, because the seriously can't crack cases without him :pac:
    I always find that amusing. Class show anyway!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Watched Miracle Mile last night. Movie from the late 80s about a guy who accidentaly intercepts a phone call telling him the world will end in an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Any suggestions for a good comedy? Saw I love you man and Knocked Up last week, so maybe something like those?...

Jay P wrote: »
    Any suggestions for a good comedy? Saw I love you man and Knocked Up last week, so maybe something like those?...

Forgetting Sarah Marshall?! It's brilliant!

"It's getting kind've hard to believe things are going to get better...."

<3 that movie

Forgetting Sarah Marshall?! It's brilliant!

"It's getting kind've hard to believe things are going to get better...."

<3 that movie

I'll check it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭deisedude

Jay P wrote: »

Zombieland is brilliant. If you liked i love you man you will probably like Role Models

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

Babylon 5 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Instead of cramming for an exam as I should have been doing, last night I watched the second and third Matrix films. The second one was quite good - contained a glorious scene of several Smiths attacking Neo.

2me6c6x.jpg

Watched Spirit last night. Had a bit of a cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I was watching the man with 20 children on tv3 a while ago.
    He was some messed up dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Been watching a load of the Vicar of Dibley recently. Dawn French, how I love you.
    Three of my favourite bits from it:

I think I just find the last one so funny because I could see myself doing it..

Oh and just one more, I'll stop now, I promise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

I was watching the man with 20 children on tv3 a while ago.
    He was some messed up dude.

Watched that aswell!
    Even forgot to put the little kid to bed!:eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

<snip>

Watched Spirit last night. Had a bit of a cry.

I think I cried at that each time I saw it... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Just bought the first series of Twin Peaks. I've never seen it before, but have heard from *ahem* reliable sources that it is one of the best TV shows ever. It's also meant to be the weirdest TV show ever, so looking forward to getting into that.

ok so im 3 episodes in, and i have to admit; it is pretty fcuking weird. but in a good way though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

i've got Firefly on my hard drive, a lot of you might not have heard of it it's a scifi cult series from josh whedon about a western style frontier in space and it is made of all kinds of juicy nerdy win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

i've got Firefly on my hard drive, a lot of you might not have heard of it it's a scifi cult series from josh whedon about a western style frontier in space and it is made of all kinds of juicy nerdy win.

gg Good sir, gg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Totoro_

Elfen Lied for me :/ Pretty good so far I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Watching Anatomy for Beginners on 4OD.

It's not really useful for exams in any way but it feels slightly productive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Totoro_

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Watching Anatomy for Beginners on 4OD.

It's not really useful for exams in any way but it feels slightly productive.

Cool I assume you went straight to this though :pac:

Just watched The Butterfly Effect. Serious mind fúck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I'm just after watching Mall Cop (which was actually good in a way) and Goodfellas (which is amazing in so many ways).

goodfellas_painting-small.jpg

"Oh, I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?' Guy's got a nice head of white hair, it's beautiful."

Advertisement