Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Totally hooked to Breaking Bad at the moment. It's a genius show, plot is so good and the characters are so believable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Considering watching "Let the Right One In" because it got a fair few good reviews when it was out. Then again, if it's good, I won't enjoy it because I'll be scared of absolutely everything, and if it's bad, it'll be a waste of time...

Let The Right One In is a beautiful piece of cinema. It's one of my all-time favourite movies. Not jumpy-scary, but creepy in places. It's quite classically gothic, and it looks amazingly beautiful, with wonderful child actors and some truly mesmerising scenes.

I've started watching Breaking Bad. I'm only on the second series, trying to catch up, but I'm blown away so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

'Let the Right One In' is fantastic, the American version 'Let Me In' is also really great. The Swedish version has a much creepier atmosphere, but unfortunately DVD subtitles are awful; completely dumbed down the original script and lost so much of the subtlety.
    The American version loses some of the creepy atmosphere in a couple of scenes by trying to add more action, but the script is so much better than the sub, and they include in a few new things that adds a fridge horror to the ending that has way more impact than the original.

/amateurfilmreview

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Unreal funny!!

MV5BMTAwODYyODU4MTheQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDUwMTkyMTM@._V1._SY317_CR8,0,214,317_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

s5 of The Sopranos turned out to be superb \o/ Moving onto Treme next I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Watched "Four Lions" last night , never knew a jihad satire could be so funny . ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I actually think Coach Carter gets better everytime I see it.

Coach Carter > Save The Last Dance

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Is anyone else watching Pretty Little Liars? I'm on ep 6 of series 2 atm, and I'm loving it...not even because it's amazing, but just because I HAVE to see what happens!
    Seriously addictive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Skintwin wrote: »
    Is anyone else watching Pretty Little Liars? I'm on ep 6 of series 2 atm, and I'm loving it...not even because it's amazing, but just because I HAVE to see what happens!
    Seriously addictive!

Yup! Watched every episode over 3/4 days :) so worth it! Up to America now and I hate the weekly wait :(

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Yup! Watched every episode over 3/4 days :) so worth it! Up to America now and I hate the weekly wait :(
    That'll be me by Wednesday!
    I NEED to know who A is....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

That'll be me by Wednesday!
    I NEED to know who A is....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

A doesnt get revealed :L

A doesnt get revealed :L
    They'll have to tell us eventually! Otherwise they'll have a mob on their hands!!!!
    (God, I'm getting antsy!)

They'll have to tell us eventually! Otherwise they'll have a mob on their hands!!!!
    (God, I'm getting antsy!)

I know who it is in the books, not sure if its the same in the show!

I know who it is in the books, not sure if its the same in the show!

This makes me want to read the books...
    I normally read the books first, but PLL caught me by surprise!

I just googled who A is in the books. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Network 2 are showing Sherlock this week! Probably seen every episode a hundred times, but so worth watching again!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

half way through the first series of sons of anarchy . its class

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Death Note is awesome :eek:

Getting through Breaking Bad on the advice of most of the C&H IRC channel. It's excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Watched Midnight in Paris last night, beautiful movie and I felt so cultured at getting the literary references and stuff >_>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Aww I love "Cars" so much!

Lightning McQueen and Mater <3

Also// FLOAT LIKE A CADILLAC STING LIKE A BEAMER

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I know its terrible tv and crappy programming but for my shame I love toddlers and tiaras!

I know its terrible tv and crappy programming but for my shame I love toddlers and tiaras!

I adore it...I think it's because of my obsession with car crash tv. And that IS car crash tv at its best. It's absolute best.
    But for now, there is just an eyegasm of an 80s movie on Comedy Central, and one of my all time favourite movies...The Lost Boys!

Yurt. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Me and my housemates are obsessed with that show! Did you see the one where the 30 year old entered in the over 10s category? What the hell like.

I just watched Renford Rejects :D my childhood is reborn!

I adore it...I think it's because of my obsession with car crash tv. And that IS car crash tv at its best. It's absolute best.
    But for now, there is just an eyegasm of an 80s movie on Comedy Central, and one of my all time favourite movies...The Lost Boys!

Yurt. :cool:
    Keifer sutherland in the lost boys oh yes!
    Me and my housemates are obsessed with that show! Did you see the one where the 30 year old entered in the over 10s category? What the hell like.

I just watched Renford Rejects :D my childhood is reborn!

I'm working my way through them,some of the parents are ridiculous!
    Oh and Makenzie and Eden both do my head in.

Renford rejects whats the name of the bloke who thinks he's italian with the bowl cut?

Keifer sutherland in the lost boys oh yes!

I know! :pac:
    I'm working my way through them,some of the parents are ridiculous!
    Oh and Makenzie and Eden both do my head in.

Renford rejects whats the name of the bloke who thinks he's italian with the bowl cut?

That's the Renford Rejects all right! I must admit...I quite liked Eden.... :o

That's the Renford Rejects all right! I must admit...I quite liked Eden.... :o

Ah they're great tv but they both seem quite irritating...Makenzie is such a brat and Eden is very smug.

Though i do think Makenzie is prettier than Eden.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 boggerbarbie

Obsessed with pretty little liars <3

Obsessed with pretty little liars <3
    Me too!
    Are you up to speed with America?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Jhax

Just finished every episode of How I Met Your Mother :cool:

Advertisement