Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

On episode 6 of Twin Peaks and I'm hooked already. So strange and random, but I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Suits is awesome! I'm on episode 10

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Saw one Day in the cinema tonight, it was brilliant!
    Anne Hathaway's accent was a little off in places (it was always an English accent, but not always the same part of England)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Curb Your Enthusiasm, Season 1. It's absolute genius. I can really relate to Larry David's frustration at the world :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Four Lions - Such a funny film. :D You'd expect nothing less from Chris Morris tbh. The ending really drives home how unfunny the whole thing should be, though. 8/10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Watching The Big Bang Theory :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Finally started watching Mad Men. Not sure what I think of it yet, but Donald seems like such an awesome character :D

Robby91 wrote: »
    Finally started watching Mad Men. Not sure what I think of it yet, but Donald seems like such an awesome character :D

I watched Season 1 and felt no desire to go on. Loadza people adore it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I went through the four seasons of Mad Men in just under two months. Think it's my favourite drama after The Wire.

Started Treme last night and I've already fallen in love with it. It's about a group of people in New Orleans rebuilding their lives following Hurricane Katrina. It's excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Watched Dead Set in two days, it was brilliant but disgusting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Saw the Inbetweeners film today...laughed my arse off :D

I've started to watch Community. After two episodes, I'm already in love.

I think I watched season 1 in like 3 days. It's such a good show! Season 3 should start soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Its amazing, the paintball episode and the dungeon and dragons episode are some of the funniest things I've ever seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

conorstuff wrote: »

My brother is constantly telling me to watch that. I must get around to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    My brother is constantly telling me to watch that. I must get around to it.

you really should,it's fantastic and so well written.A bhed has to be one of the best characters i've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

I'm about to finish Community, so here's a website that's damn handy for finding new shows to watch!:P

<snip>

Its how I actually started watching Community!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Current ran a top 50 documentaries countdown and showed several including Hoop dreams, Food Inc, Exit Through the Gift Shop and Super Size me. My favourites are Hoop Dreams and Exit Through the Gift Shop.

here's the list:
    http://current.com/shows/fifty-documentaries/93410116_get-the-full-list-of-50-documentaries-to-see-before-you-die.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Hearing about all this hype about community makes me want to watch it.

I think I'll do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Aw it's such a brilliant show! I got my friend and her boyfriend to start watching it and now they're hooked as well :D

New season starts on September 22nd I believe, can't wait!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Jack Taylors on TV3 in 15 minutes, lets hope its a s good as its last episode!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Last episode of Friends is on E4+1...

SADNESS HAS DAWNED UPON ME

Also Footloose is on now!! Starting at 11 for anyone intrigued.. Apparently it's amaze<3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Noel: It's still gonna be shown on comedy central if you have it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Noel: It's still gonna be shown on comedy central if you have it!

Oh no I meant like this episode is so emotional :( I don't mind it's ending :P I just love this episode.. so sad.. :(

Also I got bored of Footloose after they played the Footloose song.. that's all I wanted to hear :/

My fave show is coming to an end after 7 seasons, I'M DEVASTATED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

I don't have Comedy Central (well no telly in my new house yet) so won't be able to sit down at 5, watch friends, then if there's nothing on at 8, watch 'em again:o

Just watched this week's Torchwood and Dr Who in one go. kinda meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

My fave show is coming to an end after 7 seasons, I'M DEVASTATED.
    Rescue Me had seven seasons? Bah... I had brushed it aside when I originally saw the ads for it on FX (even though it looked quite interesting) in favour of something else. I hadn't heard much of it since then so I'd assumed it'd just faded away :P I really must check it out sometime.

You've also reminded me to check out ReGenesis sometime :3

Robby91 wrote: »
    Rescue Me had seven seasons? Bah... I had brushed it aside when I originally saw the ads for it on FX (even though it looked quite interesting) in favour of something else. I hadn't heard much of it since then so I'd assumed it'd just faded away :P I really must check it out sometime.

Yeah think they planned it so it would end around the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I finally got around to watching (500) Days of Summer, thanks to a most kindly recommendation I received ages ago. It takes forever for me to do anything, sorry. :p Amazing movie! It's some feat that it managed to tell a tragic story so well while still finding plenty of opportunities to be hilarious. I loved the two leads, and how their characters
    eventually grew to be like their partner when they first met
    (epic spoilers here for a romantic movie, clearly). So good, so sad, and so, well, realistic. Excuse me while I curl into the foetal position. ;_;

Bonus Actual Factual True-Fact Fun-Time: Zooey Deschanel is the reason why that "cute as a button" phrase exists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've been watching awkward the new mtv show,so far I'm on episode 8 which is as far as its been shown and ill definietly keep watching it.

Advertisement