Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

How I Met Your Mother and Supernatural are back at the end of the month so I think I'll abstain from Television until then so that I get the full effect of two awesome shows returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

Purchased s1 of Supernatural, should be here soon! Downloaded some more Daria, The Big Bang Theory and Queer As Folk. Set up, I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Purchased s1 of Supernatural, should be here soon! Downloaded some more Daria, The Big Bang Theory and Queer As Folk. Set up, I think!
    Purchase? God, i can't even remember the last time i went into HMV to look at DVDs :pac:

just remembered i haven't watched this week's true blood so have that to watch now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

Purchase? God, i can't even remember the last time i went into HMV to look at DVDs :pac:

just remembered i haven't watched this week's true blood so have that to watch now :D

HMV. Eeew. Got it for a fiver incld. P&P on amazon so couldn't resist and it's always nice to have a copy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I went to see 'Troll Hunter' last night. Its actually brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭TheFlamingo

Watched all three seasons of Parks and Recreation over the last while, looking forward to the new season this week! Amy Poehler is a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Just saw Friends with benefits,it's actually really good and it's not too ridiculously cheesy.
    Bar the end flash mob scene

Oh and I now have a complete girl crush on Mila Kunis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Haven't watched the finale yet but this season of True Blood has been dreadful. Definitely it's worst.

Also, Community not getting an emmy nomination?? That's streets behind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Conor108 wrote: »
    Haven't watched the finale yet but this season of True Blood has been dreadful. Definitely it's worst.
    Just watched it, waaay better finale than last season imo. I may have cried >_> Season five is looking very interesting all of a sudden...

Also I need to see Drive like, right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Conor108 wrote: »

:eek: I'm loving this season of True Blood; probably my favourite since the first season, despite the lack of Russell Edgington. Not a big fan of the werewolf, panther or shifter storylines but the vampire and witch arcs have been riveting. Also this season made me like Bill so much more than I did before.

Haven't watched the finale yet either (only seen about 8 episodes so far) but am looking forward to it. Fiona Shaw has made this season for me; Marnie's a very challenging character who would be cringeworthy if played by an inferior actress but I think Shaw has done a wonderful job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭VenomousFish

Two words: Adventure. Time.
    It is the greatest cartoon you'll ever watch. Seriously. It's a real throwback to 90's cartoons, reminiscent of Rocko's Modern Life or Ren and Stimpy. It's bright and colourful, imaginative and original. It's sweet, but you can get the odd mildly suggestive joke. Despite the fact that it's a show for kids, it constantly presents warped morals (In one episode, the main characters are told to fight evil nonviolently. They fail, and in the end decide that violence is the ultimate solution).

I watched one episode, and it changed me.

AT.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Anyone watch that new C4 comedy Fresh Meat? No TV myself but since the Peep Show guys created it (think they wrote only the first episode though) I'm wondering if it was any good..

Hmmm clearly I must be the exception. This season feels so meh to me. Only good thing is Jess & Jason!

Eric was a terrible character for like 3 quarters of the season with that amnesia thing, there weren't enough classic Pam one-liners and I like Lafayette (see awesome clip) but I hate that Jesus guy. Maybe next season will make me like it again...

Anyone watch that new C4 comedy Fresh Meat? No TV myself but since the Peep Show guys created it (think they wrote only the first episode though) I'm wondering if it was any good..
    It's very...studenty. I'm not really sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. It's an hour long so I think it's meant to be a more comedy/drama type thing than Peep Show, I definitely wouldn't have thought the writers are the same. Also they're all quite annoying...

Yeah the comedy/drama things rarely seem to work out. Probably should get onto The Inbetweeners before I bother with this anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Breaking Bad S4 is getting so good... I'm really excited to see what happens next week :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Went to see the warrior at the weekend and it was really good.
    It's a mma film but the storyline is well done and there are some great performances in it as well as the enthralling fight scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

New Desperate Housewives :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    New Desperate Housewives :D:D:D:D:D:D

When does it start?!?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

When does it start?!?! :D

Watched episode 1 online tonight :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Watched episode 1 online tonight :D

Ooooh :D I prefer watching it on tv though, better be coming to Ireland soon! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Robby91 wrote: »
    Breaking Bad S4 is getting so good... I'm really excited to see what happens next week :o

I'm watching the past serieseseses at the moment. I actually have a mix of excitement and dread before putting it on, I get so into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Liar Liar is on RTE1 now :D love this film

Liar Liar is on RTE1 now :D love this film

It was meant to be I Love You Man, but apparently RTE needed to have some emergency Prime Time special because they just realised there's an election on. Stupid channel >_<

Anyho, The Good Wife and Gossip Girl are both back this week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Terra Nova

Saw Drive in the cinema, it's damn good. Bit like a mix between Taxi Driver and Get Carter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Aw guys, I am far too obsessed with Community, seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Watched the pilot for New Girl the other night and will probably watch the first episode tonight. I really enjoyed it and I have a huge girl crush on Zoey Deschanel now.

Aw guys, I am far too obsessed with Community, seriously.

Ditto! Such a good show! I love Senor Chang!

Gonna watch the S2 premiere of Boardwalk Empire and Terra Nova later:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

Just watched Saving Private Ryan.
    Although I've watched it before, it's still such an amazing film, very emotional.

Advertisement