Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

So, Avatar's pretty good! Avatar: The Last Airbender, that is. Avatar: The Last Airbender: the TV series that the gourdawful live-action movie was based upon, that is. ...phew. Kind of worrying how many caveats you have to apply to that title before anyone can tell what you're referring to. *waggles fist disapprovingly at Cameron and Shyamalan*

But really, it's great! There's Zuko's continued bad-assery, Aang, Katara and Sokka's amicability and hilarity, martial arts mayhem, a delicious blend of various Asian influences, and a pleasantly not-quite-anime art style. Shur what more could you want... a flying bison? It has that too! It is, truly, the greatest of television shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Dexter is soooo good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Has anyone seen this weeks Grey's Anatomy online?

If so:
    HENRY :'( WHAT THE ****? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

I watched The Tree of Life yesterday. I was very confused at certain points but I thought it was so good and so very beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Love/Hate

This is why my parents pay the tv licence. Just on another level of class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

The Inbetweeners, Supernatural, Doctor Who, True Blood and Skins gen 1.
    They're the ones I am watching the whole way through, but I'm watching Arrested Development, Community, American Horror Story, Being Human and Jericho is sporadic bursts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Damages season 2...it's so addictive that you just wanna keep watching it after each episode...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Watched the first 6 seasons of supernatural in the space of a month, Never seen them before then. Season 6 was kinda boring. Just started watching season 7 and so far so good

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

"Secretary" starring Maggie Gyllenhaal and James Spader.

Wow. Much, much better than I expected. Damn that girl can act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I just finished the double of the Cafe that was on sky 1 on Wednesday. Erm... I don't get it. There's no comedy. Its like a very slow documentary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Grindylow wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this weeks Grey's Anatomy online?

If so:
    HENRY :'( WHAT THE ****? :(

Its not back till January and they left it with such a cliffhanger!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I went to see the help this evening. Wow what a good movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I haven't even read the books, but how GOOD does this look?

Want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

"Secretary" starring Maggie Gyllenhaal and James Spader.

Wow. Much, much better than I expected. Damn that girl can act.

Sure......act >_>

Currently going through Bones since I finally remembered to finish downloading them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Watched all of Game of Thrones in the last 2 weeks and I LOVE it! Also found the books at home....Christmas is planned!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sure......act >_>

Let's just say I gave her a standing ovation. ;)
    Watched all of Game of Thrones in the last 2 weeks and I LOVE it!

I really must get back into that. I stopped watching after episode 4. Silly me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I really must get back into that. I stopped watching after episode 4. Silly me!

:eek: I got quite addicted to it. Good thing there aren't any more episodes or the whole study thing would be completely ruined...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

sorry for leading you down that road, QoL :p now watch Damages to totally ruin your study :D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

If you haven't seen 'Taken' with Liam Neeson then go watch it now on RTE1. Its an unreal movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

The Last Samurai is on tv.... Go on the feudal aristocrats attempting to fight against democracy and contact with the outside world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Charlie Brooker presents Black Mirror: The National Anthem
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS9vz2h0PEc

Simply brilliant, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I went to see 50 50 last night. It really wasn't what I was expecting considering the cast.

I bawled for most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Cawcheen wrote: »
    If you haven't seen 'Taken' with Liam Neeson then go watch it now on RTE1. Its an unreal movie.

Man of steel, voice of velvet.

If I ever got kidnapped I'd PURE want him on my side.

New Episode of Toddlers and Tiaras!

But oh dear god one of theese mothers is worse than some of the other I've seen.
    She was upset when her first child was a boy because she was only having a baby to do pagents.!!!

But oh dear god one of theese mothers is worse than some of the other I've seen.
    She was upset when her first child was a boy because she was only having a baby to do pagents.!!!

dontwanna.jpg?m=1312122600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Speaking of Liam Neeson, we're watching Michael Collins in history, some man. It makes me go all patriotic though, I'm pretty sure I used the phrase 'Gerrup ye black and tans' at one point...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Liam Neeson <3 I didn't even know he played Michael Collins, granted I watched that long before watching Taken last summer, when I realised just how class he is.

Although I read the other day on wikipedia that there's going to be a Taken 2. I'm not sure how I feel about this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I had to do do a debate defending that horrible show. We lost because we simply couldn't find a single redeeming aspect of it and I instead used the entire speech as an opportunity to do stand-up comedy of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Namlub wrote: »
    Speaking of Liam Neeson, we're watching Michael Collins in history, some man. It makes me go all patriotic though, I'm pretty sure I used the phrase 'Gerrup ye black and tans' at one point...

My brother was about 3 when I brought my english friend over and he told her "get out you black and tan" :o

About 20 episodes of cold case recorded for the week that I was studying, Marathon on Monday :D

• Advertisement

Colm! wrote: »
    I had to do do a debate defending that horrible show. We lost because we simply couldn't find a single redeeming aspect of it and I instead used the entire speech as an opportunity to do stand-up comedy of some sort.

I know I really should be against it but if I was that age I would love to do pagents!I was a show kid so I've always loved stage stuff.

:o

Reeeeeeeally goes against my normal self though since I live in baggy jeans and hoodies and don't wear makeup unless I'm going out.

And that show is amazingly addictive.

Advertisement