Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

American Horror Story is really good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Lawliet wrote: »
    American Horror Story is really good

I agree! One of the best shows I've seen in a while, its creepiness exceeds itself lately though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Finally caught with the walking dead today :D love that show, I really do.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Amélie. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

I know I really should be against it but if I was that age I would love to do pagents!I was a show kid so I've always loved stage stuff.

:o

Reeeeeeeally goes against my normal self though since I live in baggy jeans and hoodies and don't wear makeup unless I'm going out.

And that show is amazingly addictive.

It is amazingly addictive, even if all you do is sit there and shout "Gowwwwwl" at the screen every time one of the parents does something stupid!

Went to see New Year's Eve the other night...it was an ok movie, but I kind of expected more from it given the money that was splashed on the cast...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Watched the Inbetweeners movie there.

Thought it was very much inferior to the TV series.

Would only give it a 5/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

Thinking about starting The Wire tonight, I went out and bought it after hearing all the positive reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Started watching Community recently. I'm nearly finished. It's an awesome show. Everybody should watch it! Troy and Abed's relationship is awesome. :D I enjoy their parodies/ pop cultural references too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Watched "Snatch" tonight for the first time in aaaaages.

I'm going to enjoy quoting it with a friend of mine next time I see him. The dude knows this film inside out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Started the second season of Boardwalk Empire. Went to the Facebook page to 'like' it but stumbled upon a massive series-wrecking spoiler. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Started the second season of Boardwalk Empire. Went to the Facebook page to 'like' it but stumbled upon a massive series-wrecking spoiler. :(

I haven't even finished season one yet and I felt a strange compulsion to go see the page. Then I watched a clip of said happening on YouTube. I have no one to blame but myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Ugh, sorry for indirectly leading you to that discovery. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

just about to finish series 4 of criminal minds then i have a choice of the walking dead season 2, homelands ,boardwalk empire season 2. any advice people?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

THAT HAPPENED TO ME YESTERDAY!!:mad:

I really liked that particular character! Gonna start season 2 when I finish exams.

Once Upon A Time is amazing.. anyone watch it?

Grindylow wrote: »
    Once Upon A Time is amazing.. anyone watch it?

Watched the first 3 episodes, MAINLY due to Robert Carlyle's awesomeness. Did it get much better?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Recently watched all The Walking Dead's and American Horror Story's, really enjoyed them both but I've nothing to watch now :(

Conor108 wrote: »
    Watched the first 3 episodes, MAINLY due to Robert Carlyle's awesomeness. Did it get much better?

Yeah it gets a lot better! More back-story and more fairy-tales introduced, the Queen's dark side really comes out too, and a main character dies! All very tragic :o

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

The trailer for first half of the movie adaptation of The Hobbit was released earlier, and it looks so amazing! It perfectly captures the atmosphere the LotR movies set, while retaining an identity of its own. I'm really happy about the idea of Martin Freeman playing Bilbo, and of course having Ian McKellen and others reprising younger versions of their previous roles. Ahhh, I'm so excited! How am I going to wait until next Christmas for this? ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Finished Season 3 of Breaking Bad!! Finally!!

Now to decide between following it up and watching season 4 or watching season 2 of Boardwalk Empire...

• Advertisement

The trailer for first half of the movie adaptation of The Hobbit was released earlier, and it looks so amazing! It perfectly captures the atmosphere the LotR movies set, while retaining an identity of its own. I'm really happy about the idea of Martin Freeman playing Bilbo, and of course having Ian McKellen and others reprising younger versions of their previous roles. Ahhh, I'm so excited! How am I going to wait until next Christmas for this? ;_;

Prepare to facepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, reading YouTube comments. You scroll down the page, and if you don't keep your wits, there's no knowing what stupidity you might be subjected to. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Watched The Way recently. Its plot synopsis wouldn't exactly jump out at me as one to watch but it's just one of those films you watch in the last few days of a school term when there's not that much else to do. So glad, it was actually so good and oddly enough, makes me feel like trying to be a better person...also, wonderful soundtrack and score.

If it wasn't for the fact that I was in school, surrounded by peers and the like, I think I may have shed a tear over how perfect that music was with it all. <3 Good times.

Anywho, compiling a list of movies to watch over the Christmas, once I get off tomorrow, though I may make a start tonight. I think most of them are gonna have to be in French though, considering my verrrrry disappointing French Christmas result. Nevertheless, I am excited. :)

Just watched the Fighter (not a christmas movie but whatevs) TWAS AWESOME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Just watched the Fighter (not a christmas movie but whatevs) TWAS AWESOME

I watched this for the second time tonight, if you liked The Fighter, you'll love this. Watched it with my dad just there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

I'm going to curl up in bed with The Ides of March and druel over Ryan Gosling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Is it just me or was The Big Fat Quiz of the Year extremely unfunny? Miranda and David Walliams just annoyed me for the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Jako8 wrote: »
    Is it just me or was The Big Fat Quiz of the Year extremely unfunny? Miranda and David Walliams just annoyed me for the whole thing.

Yeh it wasn't the best. Also I have no idea why Jamie Oliver was on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Richie Rich was on yesterday, and how Richie's father became such a successful businessman is beyond me. He has never fired anyone, which sounds highly implausible. And he planned on returning control of a factory to the workers. That's right, he's a commie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

just finished watching series 4 of criminal minds last night and it ended on a cliffhanger so im gonna start the 5th series tonight

Advertisement