Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

Monzo wrote: »
    I'm just after watching Mall Cop (which was actually good in a way) and Goodfellas (which is amazing in so many ways).

Goodfellas is so very extremely awesome. Much respect. Must watch it again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I started watching a ridiculous amount of The Big Bang theory over the Easter break, only a few more eps to go until I'm caught up! I have to look up so many of the jokes I don't get tho >.<

Entourage - I'm only on season 2. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I'm rediscovering the US Office. I've seen the latest series so I know what happens, but now that I'm back on season two.. Jim and Pam ojgsodhgsadjfasdkcjsd, KISS ALREADY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Was watching Curb Your Enthusiasm and had the pleasure to witness two of my favourite people ever share the screen: Larry David and Steve Coogan (as a hapless therapist). :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Good news: Finished watching the first season of Twin Peaks and it is pretty awesome.

Bad news: I'm now in constant suspense until I go out and buy the second series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I watched a film called "Gabriel" recently after a friend mentioned it [I have a thing for angels and their mythology] it's really good,it's about the 7 archangels that are fighting[and losing] for purgatory and the film follows Gabriel as he goes down and kicks some wholesale ass.It's a good film to pick apart and analyse from a theology point of view or just watch it for the fight scenes

And as of right now I'm loading up Serenity,the Firefly movie.I need to see how it "Finishes",it's a shame they never made more of firefly,it's such a great series.I have it all on my hard drive which helps :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Just after watching No Country For Old Men... I wouldn't call it their best but the Coens sure know how to brew suspense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

late night tv on rte2 is really good on thursdays ; big bang theory (great), united states of tara (brilliant) and pushing daisies (good, and completely bizarre)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I can't wait to see this! Not that I can relate to having an imaginary superhero friend. Because that would just be really weird.

*whistles*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Watched Tim Burton's Ed Wood- it was really good, mainly because it didn't seem like a Burton movie at all, probably because it was made before the whole "OMG, he has such a Gothic vision" thing became standard for all of his movies.

I can't wait to see this! Not that I can relate to having an imaginary superhero friend. Because that would just be really weird.

*whistles*

that looks like a really nice film, Emma stone is normally in a good role.

"Does this couch make me look fat" <-Great line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

Paper Man looks class. Really unusual like, something different.

Also; I still haven't seen Kick - Ass yet! This is ridiculous. Have to get on that soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I went to see Iron Man 2 lastnight it was brilliant so funny aswell. Right now I am watching Smallville and it is getting worse as it goes older ones were better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I watched Sleepy Hollow there. Such a good film.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Withnail & I... is a marvellous film.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Just watched the second part of Growing Up Gay, was really really good.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Fad wrote: »
    Just watched the second part of Growing Up Gay, was really really good.

Is that on the RTÉ player, or is there anywhere else I'd be able to watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Is that on the RTÉ player, or is there anywhere else I'd be able to watch it?

Both parts are on the RTÉ player :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

Just started on the second season of Dexter :D I'm on episode 2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

late night tv on rte2 is really good on thursdays ; big bang theory (great), united states of tara (brilliant) and pushing daisies (good, and completely bizarre)

Pushing Daises is so awesome. I don't know why RTE don't show it earlier when more people could see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Just watched Avatar.
    Better than some people have told me but still a lot worse than people made it out to be.

Thankfully I saw that most of these people were just "OMG PRETTY COMPUTER GRAPHICS, and sure look, there's a story too" so didn't get my hopes up too much to enjoy it. :P

Speaking of Avatar, during the week I finally watched the film that put it in its place at the Oscars! :p

I mean, of course, The Hurt Locker. It's quite a good film. Tension expertly built again and again.

Speaking of Avatar, during the week I finally watched the film that put it in its place at the Oscars! :p

I mean, of course, The Hurt Locker. It's quite a good film. Tension expertly built again and again.

I have it upstairs on the desktop. Might just put it on a USB and watch it tonight now that you've reminded me about it :D

I'm watching cricket :confused:

I'm watching a programme called "Headshop"

pretty contraversial me thinks.

I'm watching a programme called "Headshop"

pretty contraversial me thinks.

Very interesting so far.

Britain's Got Talent replay...

• Advertisement

Very interesting so far.
    I can't really agree, some fun facts but not much about the actual headshops.The whole seemed to centre around "drugs are bad mmmkay?"

and very little about the actual shops themselves

Advertisement