Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

He won the Emmy three times in a row so underrated he ain't.

Did not know that :)
    He deserves every award he gets so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

FU BATMAN. SPIDERMAN 4 LYYYYYYYYYFFFF.

BEST MOVIE EVAAAR.

ILY SPIDERMAN, ILLLLLLLLLLYYYYY!!! <333333333333333333333333333

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

This is a bit...hmm. All this "A life of friendship" *cue adorable tiger being stroked*...Pi and Richard Parker weren't exactly friends, were they?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

FU BATMAN. SPIDERMAN 4 LYYYYYYYYYFFFF.

BEST MOVIE EVAAAR.

ILY SPIDERMAN, ILLLLLLLLLLYYYYY!!! <333333333333333333333333333

Peter Parker is not supposed to be that good looking, it's unnatural :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Luno wrote: »
    You've clearly never read the comics, Peter Parker is a babe
    peterparker.jpeg

Andrew Garfield is not a bad likeness
    noMask.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Luno wrote: »

Ya, he was soooo cute. Especially with the glasses <3 ah. ILY.

The only thing I'm sad about is the fact MJ isn't in this movie and some wan called Gwen is or however you spell her name.
    But other than that, it's a savage movie. So much emotion. I was actually shedding tears in some parts then like "BAM BAM CMON SPIDERMAN, smack that mofo up!" and then like "oh god, can't look *screams*" in other parts.

SO GOOD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Snakes on a Plane is on film 4, and we have established that snakes are very creepy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

The only thing I'm sad about is the fact MJ isn't in this movie and some wan called Gwen is or however you spell her name.

Gwen Stacy was Peter Parker's first girlfriend in the comics, MJ only turned up later on.

Anyway, I'm not interested in this new film unless it has loads of dance scenes and emo haircuts.

2003839490.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I was looking forward to watching Gangster Squad but they've decided to push back the release date to please whinging idiots who'd get offended by a portrayal of violence in a cinema. People really need to consult this more often...

3632126157a3960563948b368783584ml.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Ted. My word... Ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Watched the 1957 version of 12 Angry Men last night. Really, really enjoyed it. Can see why it is so highly rated as one of the best courtroom dramas ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Deep Blue Sea is on. I am amused.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The HUMANCENTIPAD episode of South Park is the first one that's actually disturbed me. There's just something about some of the scenes that are genuinely upsetting to me, and usually I've a fairly high tolerance to these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    The HUMANCENTIPAD episode of South Park is the first one that's actually disturbed me. There's just something about some of the scenes that are genuinely upsetting to me, and usually I've a fairly high tolerance to these things.

How so?

flyswatter wrote: »
    How so?

Just in case people haven't seen the episode in question...
    The story has Kyle getting kidnapped by Apple and experimented on because he didn't read the T+C's in iTunes. They make a kind of human centipede type thing where three people's digestive systems are wired together so that it goes: Mouth -> Ass -> Mouth -> Ass -> Mouth, with Kyle being in the middle.

The scenes where the Chinese guy at the front eats terrible food, and then has violent diarrhea in Kyle's mouth is just really creepy to me.

I think a large part of it is that it's happening to Kyle, who is more often than not the righteous one of the group. I don't think it would have bothered me as much if it were Cartman, as there'd be some sort of justification for his torture seeing as he's generally an asshole.

Wouldn't offend me at all but each to their own.

flyswatter wrote: »
    Wouldn't offend me at all but each to their own.

Offend isn't the right word. Hard to explain really, just left me feeling weird.

If the South Park version creeped you out, don't watch the original film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Offend isn't the right word. Hard to explain really, just left me feeling weird.

That's one of the few South Park episodes I've seen and I find the whole thing repulsive. I definitely wouldn't be able to sit through the actual movie.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think the actual film wouldn't sit too well with me either.

It's weird though. I mean, there've been some pretty bad things in SP, none of which have bothered me in the slightest, but this one is really sticking with me...

Do I not find it funny because I'm growing up and getting more mature? :eek: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I just watched 5 episodes of Suburgatory in a row,this show is great.I love some brainless fluff,its kinda similar to Awkward.

It's weird though. I mean, there've been some pretty bad things in SP, none of which have bothered me in the slightest, but this one is really sticking with me...

Do I not find it funny because I'm growing up and getting more mature? :eek: :P

I'm finding that's happening to me now. Films I didn't find overly violent as a kid are now gruesome. Robocop is a big example.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Haven't seen the South Park adaption but sat through the movie pretty comfortably. It wasn't nice, and was very gruesome, but I knew it was just a film so didn't find it distressing.

Watched A Prophet tonight as part of Channel 4's world cinema season. It's a French prison film and was interesting. Think I'm starting to enjoy moving away from Hollywood produced movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

THIS,
    MR. NOBODY

absolutely brilliant, stumbled across it in my travels on the tube of you.
    basically its about the consequences of choice and how choices influence the paths you take. there's also the nature of time. its a film which follows all the possible life paths of one man, mr nobody( the pretty fantastic Jared leto) all connected to choices made when he was a child
    all interwoven brilliantly, its filmed brilliantly the soundtrack is absolutely perfect, i've watched it twice in the last two days.
    i would really really recommend you watch this. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Watched Memento last night, soooo good. More films should be backwards tbh. Watched the hidden feature on the DVD where it plays chronologically afterwards, and it's actually so clever how your perceptions of everything change, and there are all these little things you never even noticed the first time. Gah, Christopher Nolan is some man for the fillumz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - I nearly forgot how great a film it is :D

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail - I nearly forgot how great a film it is :D

"On second thoughts, let's not got to Camelot, it is a silly place."

:D:D:D

"I'm French! Can you not tell by this OUTRAGEOUS accent!"

"Come back here! I'll bite your legs off!"

Great, after finding the video for this post, I've now fallen into the trap of watching Monty Python videos. :(

• Advertisement

It's that time of year again. The night before the Leaving Cert results come out.

On the night before I got mine, I watched this film. And I've made it a sort of tradition to watch it on this night every year. It actually helped keep me relaxed at 2am in the morning when I was completely freaking out.

It's not the best movie in the world, but I really enjoy it.

Advertisement