Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro fitting a Recoil Pad

Options
  • 21-03-2010 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Advice needed please.
    I am thinking of getting a Recoil pad fitted to my Browning 425 sporter.
    The current fit is good so I will need the stock trimmed to accept the pad.
    Does anyone know where this can be done and if there are any pit falls I should be looking out for??
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

I'd rather trim the pad than the stock :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Boiled,

Before you cut or get a pro to cut, determine which pad you plan on using. There are very good quality thin pads available that may not require stock trimming.

Free advice so take it for what it's worth, pick a pad, buy it, remove the butt-plate, affix the new pad and shoot a few boxes of cartridges to see how you get on.
    You might be surprised.
    If you are not hitting targets schedule a session with a shooting instructor and they will be able to tell you what's what. There are a few instructors who contribute to this board.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

Purchased a slip on recoil pad. Ill see how it works before I make any rash decisions.
    Regards
    Boiled Egg

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

Try this man he's near enniscorthy and his work is excellent and not over priced either .
    Pat Sludds 087 6904289.

Advertisement