Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get trafic on my website

• 21-03-2010 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi i just open'd 2 websites and im looking for free ways to get trafic

im not shur if the mod will let me post a link so im asking him now if so

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Moved from Development. Didn't really know where else to put it, move it back if it's not suitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Good SEO is very important. Content, Content, Content is King.

What exactly does your site offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 laser2121991

well its a forum just lyk this one but its aimed at peepl working away from home such as italians in ireland can start an italian thread and the same for most nationalities and the second one is a cheats website but ther no chance that one will get trafic coz ther thowsands lyk that one

clunge king .info <--- remove spaces

well its a forum just lyk this one but its aimed at peepl working away from home such as italians in ireland can start an italian thread and the same for most nationalities and the second one is a cheats website but ther no chance that one will get trafic coz ther thowsands lyk that one

clunge king .info <--- remove spaces

Why are you typing like an idiot?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭anneboleyn

There are two main ways to drive traffic, Firstly to come up high in the results of a search engine through natural selection i.e. when someone types a search term that leads to your product or service and secondly to come up as a sponsored search on the likes of google or yahoo. Sponsored search works on a "pay per click basis" , you only pay for the times someone actually clicks on your link ,and you can set monthly caps. However this is really only viable if your site generates income and you can track back your return on investment in the clicks. In my experience Google is easier and cheaper to use for this.. type in "google adwords" and it'll take you through.

For a high result in the natural search results, you need to have good content and metatags ( key phrases) so that the crawlers that the search engines use will pick you up. Again, google will give you some good ideas if you sign up for adwords and analytics, but a nice trick is to find simliar sites that come up high when you google what you're looking for, and look for the sort of phrases that are in their content. e.g. what sites come up if you google " italians working in ireland" are they similiar to what you are ?

Search engines will also pick you up quicker if other sites are linked to yours and people click on them, so put your weblink on your facebook page, do any friends have websites that you can do a recipricol link with ? When I set up my first site, I put a link to it on my Linked IN profile and Facebook page and emailed everyone I knew asking them to click on the links.. all of these things will help raise your profile in natural selection.

Two more pieces of advice,
    try registering with dozmary.com/org they provide a base for most search engines and also the search engines such as google and yahoo seperately, most engines have a " submit your url link"

Finally, NEVER pay one of those companies that offers to raise your hits on google, all they will do is the above, they can't guarantee you anything and you'll waste money.

Good Luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 laser2121991

Why are you typing like an idiot?

for other idiots to ask me

no english isnt my first language

for other idiots to ask me

no english isnt my first language

It's not the english that's the problem...

It's the text speak...it's for little girls, stop it.

Advertisement