Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anybody here over 40?

• 21-03-2010 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Am completely green reading your posts and seeing your purchases....Oh youth!!!!! BUT I need help! Passed the big 4-0 this year :(

I just CANNOT shop in New Look/River Island etc any more - it's just not right! I do love fashion, but need it to be easy to find. I LOVE Marithe Girbaud, but sooo expensive.

Please let me know the name of a shop for me!! Have bought online from Promod, which are great, but would really prefer a shop.

Thanx (in envy)! guys....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

yip !!! 43 size 12/14 . working on getting back to a definite 12. 5 foot 6 .

love martha francis girbaud too and yes very very pricey. i love the unstructured layered look is that the look you are trying to achieve? anything thats cut off norm i tend to like . where are you based for shop advice if thats the look ur after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭shivs

yip !!! 43 size 12/14 . working on getting back to a definite 12. 5 foot 6 .

love martha gibout too and yes very very pricey. i love the unstructured layered look is that the look you are trying to achieve? anything thats cut off norm i tend to like . where are you based for shop advice if thats the look ur after.

Hi there...love the unstructured look. Used to live in Belgium and they had a brand there called "Sandwich" - it's Dutch. I've written to them to see where/if they stock anything in Ireland, but no answer. It's not expensive and quite cool (for 40....lol!!!)

With you on the 12, also 5'6" -and in Cork.

ok .. we re on the same page so !
    sandwich is available in midleton. on the main st. shop called the arcade. also available in bandon main street, o learys.

you might also like lauren vidal.. sheena does it ,also diffusion in riverstown glanmire and lily and clara in ballincollig. she also does mais oui au soleil.

cali in midleton does some lovely labels too . mary grant .. a bit pricey but fab. ronen chen bit pricey too, the girl that owns that boutique has a great eye for putting it all together.

hope that helps, shout if i can do more for you... just stocked up myself for the summer season.. all i need now is for the temperatures to rise a bit !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭shivs

ok .. we re on the same page so !
    sandwich is available in midleton. on the main st. shop called the arcade. also available in bandon main street, o learys.

you might also like lauren vidal.. sheena does it ,also diffusion in riverstown glanmire and lily and clara in ballincollig. she also does mais oui au soleil.

cali in midleton does some lovely labels too . mary grant .. a bit pricey but fab. ronen chen bit pricey too, the girl that owns that boutique has a great eye for putting it all together.

hope that helps, shout if i can do more for you... just stocked up myself for the summer season.. all i need now is for the temperatures to rise a bit !
    wow! thanks for all that! wow! again and thank you!!!

I actually cannot see myself for a shop (alone!) for ages......but do you know anywhere in Cork City.....even as far as Douglas? And thank you for all sofar!

you could try douglas shopping centre ( tescos ) there are quite a few new shops there, nice labels. its on 2 bus routes if you need them 6 and 7. also there is a multi store car park, no charge.
    cant think of any where in the city, besides sheena, at the moment, but i will post if i do. sheena s prices are a lot more reasonable than they used to be. i did notice that the small boutique on the corner of cook st ? had some nice bits. not 100% sure its cook st, but it used to be , i think susan charles. its beyond marie claire, and the lingerie shop on oliver plunkett st. might be worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

My Mother is 45 and I'm 21 and we always share clothes. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Advertisement