Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shakes Milkshakes

Options
  • 21-03-2010 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

"Shakes - Dublin's first milkshake bar" appears to be opening soon on dame street!
    Anyone know anything about it? Is it a chain or anything?
    Looking forward to it, gotta love a good milkshake :)
    Hopefully it won't be too expensive and will be able to knock an eddie rockets strawberry malt off my favourite milkshake in dublin list!
    Anyone know of any other places around at the moment to recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

There's a milkshake bar here in Galway called Shake, I assume it's owned by the same people.

The one in Galway is lovely, there's a whole thread on it here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Sweet!! I went to the one in Galway with the OH & we got 2 each. Piglets... Ah well, the biscuitty ones are way better because the milk chocolate ones taste funny. Best ones were Dime and Toffy Pops.

In Debenhams on Henry Street, the cafe sells milkshakes of bars/ biscuits. But I think it's just milk and no icecream so aren't the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 blindref

I hear that Shakeaway will be in Dublin very soon also. They are the king of milkshake kings!

Theres also a milkshake place in Charlestown that Eddie Rockets do! Don't know what they taste like though coz nobody was at the counter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cakeman

Shakeaway may be the king of milkshakes in the UK, but SHAKES will be the KING of milkshakes in Ireland!! I hear they have milkshakes of everykind, that would put shakeaway and eddie rockets to shame. We need to SUPPORT small IRISH businesses to help us get out of this recession..not big UK companies like Shakeway that will come to Ireland and take profits back to the UK and not pump any money into Ireland itself.

Shakes Milkshake Bar ...Support it!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Cakeman wrote: »
    Shakeaway may be the king of milkshakes in the UK, but SHAKES will be the KING of milkshakes in Ireland!! I hear they have milkshakes of everykind, that would put shakeaway and eddie rockets to shame. We need to SUPPORT small IRISH businesses to help us get out of this recession..not big UK companies like Shakeway that will come to Ireland and take profits back to the UK and not pump any money into Ireland itself.

Shakes Milkshake Bar ...Support it!!

It's so kind of you to sign up out of the blue to randomly support a new business that, of course, you have no association with. :rolleyes:

Ha ha, nice one Faith!
    Well having lived in England for a bit I know that Shakeaway created this idea so you guys are purely a copy-cat. Also their hardly going to import a group of English employees are they so they'll be boosting the Irish economy as far as I'm concerned!
    As for Eddie rockets, I'm sure they would consider themselves as Irish as the next company and they would probably consider themselves the king of milkshakes in Ireland! Plus they were the first in Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Cooly!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I'm pretty certain this is opening on the 27th of April 2010.
    I can't wait to try one. I adore milkshakes and according to their selection, Terry's Choc Orange looks like the first one i'll be nailing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

Went there today...loved it! Got a cookies and cream one which was delicious! Pretty cheap as well, it was only about 3e for a regular one.
    Definitely gonna be going back :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wing_queen

Had an after-eight milkshake there today. Lovely :) Student discount too - 10%, regular shakes are 2.99 (before discount) and luxury ones are 4.50. Only problem was the service - painful slow and inefficient. Had to ask the manager three times to take my money and let me pay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭murf313

i had a custard cream milkshake in the one in galway. it was soooo nice :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Got the kinder bueno one last week, was very nice...wouldn't be getting them too often tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I had a Crunchy one there on Saturday. Lovely shake. Could have been a bit less blitzed to give a few little crunchy bits. I'll ask for it that way next time. 5 thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 frisbee!

anyone no when this opens til?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Smokin_Aces

Skittles and Reese Buttercups = Heaven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Seemingly theres a spot opening up on Liffey Street that supposed to be even better than Shakes.

Havent tried either though so cant judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PatsyTyrrell

does anyone know the openin hours for shakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Cunningchap

Wow I just tried the shakes in eddie rockets new shake shop in Charlestown the other day and they are amazing,I played it safe and got a smarties shake but they must have well over a 100 differt flavours between biscuits and bars and sweet like love hearts and refreshers,place looks really good too.eddies always did the best shakes around anyway so this is a good addition,also loving the Oreo shakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Just tried Shakes the other day. Excellent! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

frisbee! wrote: »
    anyone no when this opens til?
    does anyone know the openin hours for shakes

I think it's hours are 10:30a.m to 7:00p.m. That's what it says here anyway:
    http://www.yelp.ie/biz/shakes-milkshake-bar-dublin

Open til 11pm on Fri & Sat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

I saw that milkshake bar the last week when I was in Dublin. I went to Starbucks instead and got a frappuccino carmel creme. It was nice but expensive at nearly €5. I must go to the Milkshake bar next time Im in Dublin.

Its looks similar to Joe Jacksons Icecream and Milkshake Parlours in Letterkenny's Courtyard and Derry's Foyleside. Their Mint Aero Bar Milkshake is yummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bargain_gear

Has anyone tried the Milkshakes at the sweetest thing chocolate cafe that just opened on Bachelors Walk , they are unbelievable , my missus had a hot chocolate never seen anything like it 4 different layers of chocolate in a tall glass well worth checking out !!! Shakes on Dame street do a fab milkshake also but wouldn't rate Butlers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ashleymars

Currently sitting in Shakes! I'm having a reeses cups milkshake and in all honesty its the nicest liquid I've ever put in my mouth! Holy moley! And for just 3.50 for a large I'd recommend to anyone!! :D

Strawberries & custard creams! Do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DjTaz

Anyone know the opening times of the shakes place on upper liffey street - shakeaway ?

Its only 2 luas stops from me so would be handy if they open late, but im guessing not.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

They have a monkey themed shake.

It is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GraMirembe

revz wrote: »
    "Shakes - Dublin's first milkshake bar" appears to be opening soon on dame street!
    Anyone know anything about it? Is it a chain or anything?
    Looking forward to it, gotta love a good milkshake :)
    Hopefully it won't be too expensive and will be able to knock an eddie rockets strawberry malt off my favourite milkshake in dublin list!
    Anyone know of any other places around at the moment to recommend?
    Actually theres a place on Georges street/Augier Street. There also two similar places on O'Connell street, eventhough one of those may just be a candy store. Anyone happen two know more about the sudden popularity in these stores or the change in consumer patterns that is facilitating them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GraMirembe

ashleymars wrote: »
    Currently sitting in Shakes! I'm having a reeses cups milkshake and in all honesty its the nicest liquid I've ever put in my mouth! Holy moley! And for just 3.50 for a large I'd recommend to anyone!! :D
    SOLD!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement