Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coughlan's All-Sports Bets

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

ok,this decussion is ended as it wont be resolved with only 1 side having a knowleageable point,and anyway at this point i couldnt care less.
    Doocey wrote: »
    Good stuff Coughlan. Nice way to be starting the freedom of the LC.

Going in on Uruguay? :D
    thanks doocey,ya its unreal cant believe the ****ing thing is over,time to step into the real world,ehh??
    am looking at it,trying to see why i shouldnt,a step to far for ghana me thinks... might play it safe with "to qualify" 1/2....will see.
    ForzaKid wrote: »
    But he's very profitable!:P:)And makes most of his living doing it which could lead him into a Pro soon enough!

ha,cmon now,dont be letting the drink talk,,anyway i would never want to be a pro,would absolute hate it,obvious reasons really....
    x PyRo wrote: »
    Words couldn't even describe how clueless you are, It's beyond comprehension.

Can't be arsed with this anyways, Best of luck Coughlan, Keep making money. ;)

thanks for ending that,,better man for it..
    ya will try,,,like wise for you,get back on the saddle.....;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I bet pretty much every day surely, I don't bet certain days if I can't find something that meets my criteria, Probably 2 to 3 horses a day. I pick them out the night before, Put reasoning to it, Use selected staking based on what I think their chances are and I back them in the morning, I make money at it and love doing it. I do it for fun, Not to make a living from it. Just for fun, But I take it seriously obviously. I'm no degenerate gambler. ;)

Anyways, Last post. This is the money making machine's thread, So I'll skidaddle. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

coughlan08 wrote: »
    ok,this decussion is ended as it wont be resolved with only 1 side having a knowleageable point,and anyway at this point i couldnt care less.

thanks doocey,ya its unreal cant believe the ****ing thing is over,time to step into the real world,ehh??
    am looking at it,trying to see why i shouldnt,a step to far for ghana me thinks... might play it safe with "to qualify" 1/2....will see.

ha,cmon now,dont be letting the drink talk,,anyway i would never want to be a pro,would absolute hate it,obvious reasons really....

thanks for ending that,,better man for it..
    ya will try,,,like wise for you,get back on the saddle.....;)

One side has a "knowleageable point"
    learn how to spell before you tell me what is K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E-A-B-L-E KNOWLEDGEABLE!!!

it was a discussion by the way....

plus by the looks of this its the only way of making some money

I bet pretty much every day surely, I don't bet certain days if I can't find something that meets my criteria, Probably 2 to 3 horses a day. I pick them out the night before, Put reasoning to it, Use selected staking based on what I think their chances are and I back them in the morning, I make money at it and love doing it. I do it for fun, Not to make a living from it. Just for fun, But I take it seriously obviously. I'm no degenerate gambler. ;)

Anyways, Last post. This is the money making machine's thread, So I'll skidaddle. :pac:

If its just for fun then try go a week without it...

colly54 wrote: »
    One side has a "knowleageable point"
    learn how to spell before you tell me what is K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E-A-B-L-E KNOWLEDGEABLE!!!

it was a discussion by the way....

plus by the looks of this its the only way of making some money

"learn how to spell" cant,finished school,
    quiet frankly couldnt give a flying **** either.

anyway please no more posting unless tread orientated.
    thanks

• Advertisement

ok im going for a treble for my next bet,high % of my balance is on it but am having to look very hard for any fault..this will be my only bet for the next few days unless i see something that really appeals as a good bet..heres just a few points on the selection

kerry -2 points,there playing a very poor limerick side,cork came up against them in the final last year where they gave them a good hammering,i expect nothing less of that again.kerry i feel have limerick covered in all angles of the pitch and the score should reflect thatcovering the hanicap..

spain to win,after an impressing display against a very strong defensive portuguese side i can see them breaking down para with little trouble,they should finally put paraguays great campaign to an end and win the game in 90 mins.torres to score finally..

uruguay to qualify,with the form of the 2 strikers,they should be able to win the game in the 90 mins,but im playing it very safe,they held usa scoreless, i know usa are a poor attacking side but note of this has to be taken into consid.ghana have capable strickers who are strong on the ball and its possible they could sneek one past them,i think normal time
    1-1.this is being very cautious though,uruguay should be winning this if everything goes right 3-0,ending the africans fight for the cup..

Trebel of €178 returns €534

Kerry v Limerick
    2010-07-04 14:00:00
    Alternative Handicap
    Kerry (-2.0)
    1/3

Paraguay v Spain
    2010-07-03 19:30:00
    Win-Draw-Win
    Spain
    1/2

Uruguay v Ghana
    2010-07-02 19:30:00
    To Qualify for the Next Round
    Uruguay
    1/2

best of luck..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Yeah, I considered Uruguay to qualify just, but I didn't feel the vale was as good. Now that I think of it thought, probably should've because knowing the Ghanains now, they'll hold out until extra time or something. Hopefully not.

Till then! Talk to ya.!

Cork Club Hurling Matches
    Valley Rovers v Courcey Rovers
    2010-07-04 19:00:00
    Match Betting
    Valley Rovers
    9/4
    €40

Well,this is a first for me,im backing my own gaa club.
    we won the double county last year,the football to go up senior,and the hurling to go up intermediate premier.
    as of this year, as you would expect our backs are against the walls trying to juggle the two..the standard in the two levels is unbelieveable and trying to keep in touch is very draining..
    in the football we lost our opening game but we qualified because of the backdoor system and are still in the championship..
    in the hurling we too lost our opening game,which quiet frankly we should of won well but things just didnt fall into place,this game on sunday is the the equilavent to the football backdoor only its the hurling one.
    we are going into the game as the underdogs and wrightfully so.
    but what has to be taken into consideration of course is the opposition,
    there our neighbours and because of the grade difference in recent years we have never played them competitively,both teams know eachother inside out...courseys are a hurling club only and take it serious,but have never won any competition in the last 10 or so years,us on the other hand are one of the most succussful clubs in cork,in fact last year we got "club of the year" award,
    at the end of the day its going to boil down to the last 10 mins and the team that has the most balls and urgency/desire to win it will.valleys are a tried and tested club in this situation and i feel will be the ones to pull through.

the odds on this game are besare to say the least ,i got valleys at 9/4
    in cashman bookmakers,,on pp we are odds of 11/8,i know for sertain that we were 9/4 on pp less than a week ago,so something has sparked the odds change,,it has diffenately not come from our side as im personally involved in the panel so its prob have to do with them..
    wouldnt be betting on the game,but at the odds that i got the bet most sertainly represents value if nothing else......
    not that confedent but am very optimistic.:)

Match Betting
    Valley Rovers
    9/4
    €40

Well,this is a first for me,im backing my own gaa club.
    we won the double county last year,the football to go up senior,and the hurling to go up intermediate premier.
    as of this year, as you would expect our backs are against the walls trying to juggle the two..the standard in the two levels is unbelieveable and trying to keep in touch is very draining..
    in the football we lost our opening game but we qualified because of the backdoor system and are still in the championship..
    in the hurling we too lost our opening game,which quiet frankly we should of won well but things just didnt fall into place,this game on sunday is the the equilavent to the football backdoor only its the hurling one.
    we are going into the game as the underdogs and wrightfully so.
    but what has to be taken into consideration of course is the opposition,
    there our neighbours and because of the grade difference in recent years we have never played them competitively,both teams know eachother inside out...courseys are a hurling club only and take it serious,but have never won any competition in the last 10 or so years,us on the other hand are one of the most succussful clubs in cork,in fact last year we got "club of the year" award,
    at the end of the day its going to boil down to the last 10 mins and the team that has the most balls and urgency/desire to win it will.valleys are a tried and tested club in this situation and i feel will be the ones to pull through.

the odds on this game are besare to say the least ,i got valleys at 9/4
    in cashman bookmakers,,on pp we are odds of 11/8,i know for sertain that we were 9/4 on pp less than a week ago,so something has sparked the odds change,,it has diffenately not come from our side as im personally involved in the panel so its prob have to do with them..
    wouldnt be betting on the game,but at the odds that i got the bet most sertainly represents value if nothing else......
    not that confedent but am very optimistic.:)

Photo proof please :p

Photo proof please :p

im assuming your taking the absolute piss out of my tread again,
    your asking for a screenshot of a bet that isnt on until sunday?
    ive noticed that im the only one that has ever shown any proof of my bets,,now to be asked for proof before the event has even started is
    a f**king joke,,
    quiet frankly, i dont see any other person who has a log being asked to provide a screenshot so i dont see why i should...so i wont...
    i would appreciate if you dont post in my tread again as you have caused enough trouble of late,
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 underthepost

Match Betting
    Valley Rovers
    9/4
    €40

Is Eamon Collins in good form for ye at the moment? :rolleyes:

Is Eamon Collins in good form for ye at the moment? :rolleyes:

ahhh,well hes injured,out for the whole season,massive loss..
    in fairness to him he had by far his best season last year,played a massive role in winning the double county..
    we have diffenately strugged this year without him..no tarket man..;)
    he was also the hurling captain so that leadership aspect of the team is gone....
    there is nearly more reasons not to back us on sunday,but sure....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 underthepost

ahhh,well hes injured,out for the whole season,massive loss..
    in fairness to him he had by far his best season last year,played a massive role in winning the double county..
    we have diffenately strugged this year without him..no tarket man..;)
    he was also the hurling captain so that leadership aspect of the team is gone....
    there is nearly more reasons not to back us on sunday,but sure....:rolleyes:

pity....he was a serious hurler between 17 and 20ish....injury plagged him for years

Best of luck Sunday.....

BTW, Galway v Sligo - Galway to win @ 1.95 or Galway to qualify @ 1.80 might not be a bad bet....

RIGHT ITS OFFICIAL,THIS WORLD CUP IS F**KING UNREAL..:D

Had holland at 16-1 from the start of the wc.
    they will surely make the final now,will have to lay them doh,
    also put them in the wc challenge on here at the start, the full 10pts.
    luv it....

If they get Uruguay, I'd be surprised if they win to be honest but 16/1 was a massive price indeed.
    They were 9's on betfair before 3.00 today as well!

brother is putting this bet down,so he better do it right(aint no gambler):D

PP in shop special
    diego forlan to score anytime
    7-2
    €40

now this is a market where i never bet on as i generally see no value in it,,also i would be very surprised to see any person who is in a nice profit by betting on anytime scorer,,but this is value that i couldnt resist,and the chances of forlan scoring are a lot better than the odds of 7-2..this price has to be exploited whether its for the better or not..;)

also i would be very surprised to see any person who is in a nice profit by betting on anytime scorer

Just FYI, That's not true. It's one of the most profitable areas of a football game if you can judge a team and where they are weak. It's one of the only areas of football that I actually turn a profit! :)

Plus Forlan is that price for a reason IMO, He's playing alot deeper for Uruguay, Setting up goals for them seems to be his main focus. Ghana are strong through the center so if Uruguay do score I feel it'll come from the wider of the three front men, Either Suarez or Cavani. Obviously Forlan has a good chance of scoring and that's a good price but it's not huge by any means.

Just checked there, He's only 8/5 with PP online. Surely they're not boosting it to 7/2 ?. :eek: That would be crazy if they are, Plus if somehow they are then they'll probably only accept a tenner max.

Good luck man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Yeah I know a couple of people that these would be 80% of their bets.I dont think they'd take odds of 1/2 or whatever stupid odds you'd get Messi to score against Almeria for example,but they'd look for a good oppurtunity and take it.Most of their winners have come from the Championship and the lower leagues

not having a go mate...but that special is for forlan to score anytime and uruguay to win.....my mate works in paddy power and was telling me about it earlier :)

Let's hope they win now then so. :D GL Coughlan, The odds seemed too big to be an anytime scorer bet anyways.

• Advertisement

brother is putting this bet down,so he better do it right(aint no gambler):D

PP in shop special
    diego forlan to score anytime
    7-2
    €40

now this is a market where i never bet on as i generally see no value in it,,also i would be very surprised to see any person who is in a nice profit by betting on anytime scorer,,but this is value that i couldnt resist,and the chances of forlan scoring are a lot better than the odds of 7-2..this price has to be exploited whether its for the better or not..;)

get in,odds were there to be exploited and i was happy to take them..

Plus Forlan is that price for a reason IMO, He's playing alot deeper for Uruguay, Setting up goals for them seems to be his main focus. Ghana are strong through the center so if Uruguay do score I feel it'll come from the wider of the three front men, Either Suarez or Cavani. Obviously Forlan has a good chance of scoring and that's a good price but it's not huge by any means.
    Let's hope they win now then so. :D GL Coughlan, The odds seemed too big to be an anytime scorer bet anyways.

your kinda contradicting yourself there pyro,,just because he went on to score, your thoughts changed??take no offence please...
    not having a go mate...but that special is for forlan to score anytime and uruguay to win.....my mate works in paddy power and was telling me about it earlier :)

the only bet i seen in the shop that you are referring to is suarez to score and uruguay to win which was 9-2,,,the forlan bet was a completely different bet,it did not include "uruguay to win" it was being announced through the speaker for the 5 mins i was there,then had to leave thus the brother had to place bet...
    uruguay to qualify,
    with the form of the 2 strikers,they should be able to win the game in the 90 mins,but im playing it very safe,they held usa scoreless, i know usa are a poor attacking side but note of this has to be taken into consid.ghana have capable strickers who are strong on the ball and its possible they could sneek one past them,i think normal time
    1-1.this is being very cautious though,uruguay should be winning this if everything goes right 3-0,ending the africans fight for the cup..

as you can see above i tipped the exact score,so for me to then go on and bet against this would not make sence on my behalf,hence it was the 7-2 forlan to score anytime bet that was placed...
    if the bet was forlan to score and uruguay to win i would not of placed the bet as it would of not represented value to me..i hope this clears things up.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

The special i seen in paddys this evening was Dolly Parton to win the 7.45 at Haydock tonight and Forlan to score anytime at 7/2. It wasnt 7/2 for him anytime !!

your kinda contradicting yourself there pyro,,just because he went on to score, your thoughts changed??take no offence please...

I think you misread my post, I said it was too big to be an anytime scorer bet after Colly said it included Uruguay to win, I meant that it was too big to be a special anytime scorer, They would never raise it from 8/5 to 7/2 unless they're mad in the head!

Well done if that was the bet, Seems weird considering that he was only 8/5 or so and that they'd add nearly 2 full points to it.

I am not contradicting myself, He was 8/5 anytime, Hence why when Colly said it included a Uruguay win I stated it was too big to be an anytime scorer bet. However I did rephrase my OP wrongly.

i can assure you anyway goldcupfav that it wasnt a double with a horse:D

but anyway i do addmit the price is big but thats why it caught my eye and went for it,as i said i never bet on this market but did on this occasion as it represented value...
    anyway will be seeing the brother tomorrow and will have a look at the docket then,cant see anything but it being 7/2 straight bet....

in a more important issue,,this brings in the first of my treble bet,
    i have/had,€178 returns over €500
    uruguay to qualify
    spain win
    kerry -2

now that the uruguay game is out of the way my only real worry is the spain bet,you never know,,but still cant see anything but a win...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Ive been onto PP and it was a double with Dolly Parton (who won @ 8/11)

there was no enhanced odds special of Forlan @ 7/2 to score anytime.

you most definitely did the wrong bet and will only get paid out on the Forlan anytime @ 15/8

keep us updated anyway

Kod-box wrote: »
    Ive been onto PP and it was a double with Dolly Parton (who won @ 8/11)

there was no enhanced odds special of Forlan @ 7/2 to score anytime.

you most definitely did the wrong bet and will only get paid out on the Forlan anytime @ 15/8

keep us updated anyway

well if this is the case i must be gone deaf because i was sure i heard it correctly,mind you i was only in there 2 mins.had to go but rang the brother to place the bet,told him to "put €40 on the diego forlan special,it should be 7/2,just ask at the counter for it and they will do it for ya,sound"
    he texted me 10 mins later saying "done"..

i dont no what the bet was so but whatever it was it was 7/2..
    any thoughts what the bet is so???:confused:i think/hope its the horse/forlan bet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

prob the horse and Forlan man, you were lucky haha

depends what he wrote on the slip really

well this bet just sums up my luck of late,
    got the docket off the brother,
    he didnt bother going to the desk but just wrote "diego forlan special 7/2"
    which is what i told him to do,,so anyway was confedent in going up to the desk to collect the winnings,,and did....they paid me the 7/2 but i was wrong in saying that it was a anytime scorer bet,it was a diego forlan special,the special being a double with some horse,
    i was very lucky the horse won as i dont no anything about horses,horseboxo/kod box were correct in saying it was Dolly Parton the 8/11 fav.
    on the otherside i would of prob fliped at the brother if it lost as i told him to go to the desk to make sure as he never bets...lucky for me he didnt,
    also threw €40 in the direction of the brother,,not telling him that you also bet on a horse you tit.:D

well i still have two open bets,
    the valleys game which is tomo,returns €130
    and spain win,kerry-2,returns €534
    if any or both come in, it will be some start,so far 5/5 bets in;)

Bal= 420+180=€600 Profit=€100

IM UNSTOPABLE;)

I want to have sex with villa,,,
    on a serious note(actually i was being serious) im going on the absolute piss tonight, as that kerry bet is as good as in....534 coming my way tomo...

GET IN

• Advertisement

Man, good bets so far but don't get too confident, that's why people attack you :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement