Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coughlan's All-Sports Bets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Fair play for having to balls to bet that much, I can't handle losing 5 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

coughlan08 wrote: »
    IM UNSTOPABLE;)

I want to have sex with villa,,,
    on a serious note(actually i was being serious) im going on the absolute piss tonight, as that kerry bet is as good as in....534 coming my way tomo...

GET IN

Well at the moment Kerry are far from UNSTOPPABLE. Although Kerry should take advantage of the wind in the second half. Might be lucky if they manage to win by 3 points though.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

i can assure you anyway goldcupfav that it wasnt a double with a horse:D

but anyway i do addmit the price is big but thats why it caught my eye and went for it,as i said i never bet on this market but did on this occasion as it represented value...
    anyway will be seeing the brother tomorrow and will have a look at the docket then,cant see anything but it being 7/2 straight bet....

in a more important issue,,this brings in the first of my treble bet,
    i have/had,€178 returns over €500
    uruguay to qualify
    spain win
    kerry -2

now that the uruguay game is out of the way my only real worry is the spain bet,you never know,,but still cant see anything but a win...

Close one, fair play to you lad, you done well. Enjoy:D
    I took your Kerry tip (thanks!) in a small Treble with Nadal to win & LA to win later in the MLS League. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

ok im going for a treble for my next bet,high % of my balance is on it but am having to look very hard for any fault..this will be my only bet for the next few days unless i see something that really appeals as a good bet..heres just a few points on the selection

kerry -2 points,there playing a very poor limerick side,cork came up against them in the final last year where they gave them a good hammering,i expect nothing less of that again.kerry i feel have limerick covered in all angles of the pitch and the score should reflect thatcovering the hanicap..

spain to win,after an impressing display against a very strong defensive portuguese side i can see them breaking down para with little trouble,they should finally put paraguays great campaign to an end and win the game in 90 mins.torres to score finally..

uruguay to qualify,with the form of the 2 strikers,they should be able to win the game in the 90 mins,but im playing it very safe,they held usa scoreless, i know usa are a poor attacking side but note of this has to be taken into consid.ghana have capable strickers who are strong on the ball and its possible they could sneek one past them,i think normal time
    1-1.this is being very cautious though,uruguay should be winning this if everything goes right 3-0,ending the africans fight for the cup..

Trebel of €178 returns €534

Kerry v Limerick
    2010-07-04 14:00:00
    Alternative Handicap
    Kerry (-2.0)
    1/3

Paraguay v Spain
    2010-07-03 19:30:00
    Win-Draw-Win
    Spain
    1/2

Uruguay v Ghana
    2010-07-02 19:30:00
    To Qualify for the Next Round
    Uruguay
    1/2

best of luck..:rolleyes:

WON

was out the last 2 days,,down in kinsale,there is "around the world boat race" down there so went down for a look,talent was unreal.the sun really does bring out the legs..;)
    im very happy with the above bet,i really couldnt see much of a problem with the bet,but in hindsight (from what i hear) kerry were very lucky.
    other than that the 2 other bets came in and rightly so,no problem really;)

Cork Club Hurling Matches
    Valley Rovers v Courcey Rovers
    2010-07-04 19:00:00
    Match Betting
    Valley Rovers
    9/4
    €40

Well,this is a first for me,im backing my own gaa club.
    we won the double county last year,the football to go up senior,and the hurling to go up intermediate premier.
    as of this year, as you would expect our backs are against the walls trying to juggle the two..the standard in the two levels is unbelieveable and trying to keep in touch is very draining..
    in the football we lost our opening game but we qualified because of the backdoor system and are still in the championship..
    in the hurling we too lost our opening game,which quiet frankly we should of won well but things just didnt fall into place,this game on sunday is the the equilavent to the football backdoor only its the hurling one.
    we are going into the game as the underdogs and wrightfully so.
    but what has to be taken into consideration of course is the opposition,
    there our neighbours and because of the grade difference in recent years we have never played them competitively,both teams know eachother inside out...courseys are a hurling club only and take it serious,but have never won any competition in the last 10 or so years,us on the other hand are one of the most succussful clubs in cork,in fact last year we got "club of the year" award,
    at the end of the day its going to boil down to the last 10 mins and the team that has the most balls and urgency/desire to win it will.valleys are a tried and tested club in this situation and i feel will be the ones to pull through.

the odds on this game are besare to say the least ,i got valleys at 9/4
    in cashman bookmakers,,on pp we are odds of 11/8,i know for sertain that we were 9/4 on pp less than a week ago,so something has sparked the odds change,,it has diffenately not come from our side as im personally involved in the panel so its prob have to do with them..
    wouldnt be betting on the game,but at the odds that i got the bet most sertainly represents value if nothing else......
    not that confedent but am very optimistic.:)

WON

well needless to say we won by a point 1-12, 1-11...:D

im absolutely delighted for the bois,
    we got our full back sent off after 10 mins for a striking offence,rightly so.
    hes a cork player and our best dual player in the club by far,david lynch...
    as i said before it will come down to the last 10 mins and as i said we will have the more urgency in our play and desire to win.yet again courseys bottle it again under pressure.sweet...:D

oh by the way my brother got man of the match,just thought id throw that in,needless to say he got a few pints off me.:rolleyes:

40 returns 130
    178 returns 534

100% record so far 8/8 bets in.long may it continue.;)

Bal= 600+130+534= €1264 Profit= €764

• Advertisement

WON

was out the last 2 days,,down in kinsale,there is "around the world boat race" down there so went down for a look,talent was unreal.the sun really does bring out the legs..;)
    im very happy with the above bet,i really couldnt see much of a problem with the bet,but in hindsight (from what i hear) kerry were very lucky.
    other than that the 2 other bets came in and rightly so,no problem really;)

They looked straightforward enough on paper but all 3 of them just barely jumped over the last hurdle. Great when you get that luck. Especially on all three of them in a treble. Uruguay should have went out if your man scored that late Peno. Spain could have easily finished 0-0 or 1-1 at FT and Kerry were very lucky to break a 17 minute scoreless streak 3 minutes from the end. Only that Limerick needed to go for goal to level it they would have scored an easy point right at the end from a free. I had the -1 handicap and 2 big bets on the overs for Kerry so i sweating near the end. Hopefully our luck continues.

They looked straightforward enough on paper but all 3 of them just barely jumped over the last hurdle. Great when you get that luck. Especially on all three of them in a treble. Uruguay should have went out if your man scored that late Peno. Spain could have easily finished 0-0 or 1-1 at FT and Kerry were very lucky to break a 17 minute scoreless streak 3 minutes from the end. Only that Limerick needed to go for goal to level it they would have scored an easy point right at the end from a free. I had the -1 handicap and 2 big bets on the overs for Kerry so i sweating near the end. Hopefully our luck continues.

agree with you there,,unfortunately we cant bet in hindsight..:D
    i seen your bets alright,very impressive,i seen you do this week in week out,you obviously only post your win bets but do you have much losers with those over/under bets at those stakes.i suspect you dont and your obviously up a small fortune,keep it up and long may the "luck" continue.

agree with you there,,unfortunately we cant bet in hindsight..:D
    i seen your bets alright,very impressive,i seen you do this week in week out,you obviously only post your win bets but do you have much losers with those over/under bets at those stakes.i suspect you dont and your obviously up a small fortune,keep it up and long may the "luck" continue.

I actually had my first losing over/under bet in a good while in the Kilkenny game. I posted that up in the GAA thread when someone asked. Because i go quite big on the bets i'm a little superstitious in posting them up before hand. So i'll always post the screenshot if i afterpost. Although i'll post my soccer bets up beforehand as i don't go as big on them. In recent times i've made quite a hefty profit. I reckon Mr. Paddy Power will be having a close look at my account soon enough if i keep it up.

ok,well im really putting my luck to the test now,;)
    i have to end this good run at some point so might aswel be a small loss:p
    double anytime goalscorer.

Germany v Spain
    2010-07-07 19:30:00
    Anytime Goalscorer
    B Schweinsteiger
    13/2

Uruguay v Holland
    2010-07-06 19:30:00
    Anytime Goalscorer
    A Ooijer
    20/1

€5 returns €787.50..say no more,,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

First Goal Scorer is realistic enough, Bastian playing brilliantly all tournament.

• Advertisement

right back to sensible betting...:o
    heres hoping..

double,€100 returns €345.45

Germany v Spain
    Draw No Bet
    Germany
    evens

Uruguay v Holland
    Win-Draw-Win
    Holland
    8/11

i feel after germanys performance they cannot be dismissed for winning it out.they did very well to keep messi at bay (even though he did show why he is the best player in the world) in places and in fairness if they can do it against messi there is no reason why they cant against villa,ive gone for the "dnb" instead of the "to qualify" because i feel if it does go to penalties i think spain will win,

holland,well im only praying for a win , im prob being biased as i have them outwright from the beginning,but their attacking power is one of the best in the tour,both teams are missing players but i feel uruguay wont be able to replace them to the same quality as holland.both defences are good,so you have to look at the attacking power to break down those defences.and with suarez missing i dont think forlan will know how to break holland down without that partnership,i dont think it will be even close to a walk over by no means but i think holland will pull through and win by the narrowest of margines,2-1....was tempted to back the handicap draw,but decided against it just in case holland do run riot,odds 23/10....

best of luck...;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Best of luck with that one, I expect it'll come through. Can't see past Holland at all, And the Germans will not be beaten in 90minutes at least, IMO. Good luck dude.

ive kinda bottled it a small bit and am covering my stake,small bet but will cover my original stake..

Uruguay v Holland
    Match To Be Decided on Penalties
    Yes
    6/1
    €20

right well im happy with my cover bet even if it lost,
    i was saying to myself when it was 1-1 with about 25 mins left and no team looked like scoring that it was a good bet and no matter what happens now it was the correct decision..

.was tempted to back the handicap draw,but decided against it just in case holland do run riot,odds 23/10....

well if i did follow this bet then i would be very lucky so happy that i decided not to bet on it because holland in the last 25 mins when it matters did run riot and showed up a poor uruguay side..
    i really cant give much stick to them doh as they won me a fortune in a previous bet,but as i said uruguay will find it very hard o break down the holland defence without the partnership of forlan/suarez..forget the scoreline as if holland had van der sar it would be a completly different story,,,anyway cmon germany;)

ok,well im really putting my luck to the test now,;)
    i have to end this good run at some point so might aswel be a small loss:p
    double anytime goalscorer.

Germany v Spain
    Anytime Goalscorer
    B Schweinsteiger
    13/2

Uruguay v Holland
    Anytime Goalscorer
    A Ooijer
    20/1

right well Ooijer didnt even play so that really shows the effort i put into that bet,i knew a defender would score though so just picked at random.

im just wondering is this bet void, or will they just leave it "play on" for the germany game,,the bet still says pending so am just curious...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

all on Schweinsteiger now

Kod-box wrote: »
    all on Schweinsteiger now

really,i would of thought they would void it,but either way im happy..
    thanks kod box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Its just the same as a non-runner in a lucky 15 or an accum.

good luck anyway.

I've a good feeling about Schweignsteiger. :)

right ive spent the last while studing this semi final, have come to the conclusion that im going to back germany to win in the 90 mins,
    now i know im kinda putting all my eggs in the one basket but i cannot ignore the price on offer.there is a few things im taking into account

After Germanys last two performances and Spains lacklustre display against Paraguay,i feel the german youngsters are in my opinion underated.(hence the odds,spain being favourites) spain may have won the Euro in 2008 but with two years more experience that the young germans now have and the fact that they are the best tournament side going. They know how to win these competitions.
    Germany have been in full floe the last couple of games, whilst Spain have sat on the ball and pretty much limped over the line. Germany surely will be too quick, too powerful, and too inventive for the Spaniards to counter.
    I think Spains style(villa) will suit Germany and they will be able to soak up the pressure before countering them as they did in the last 2 games.
    (you saw how efficient the germans were against argentina).
    Spain have lacked a final cutting edge for me, they are relying on villa to score in every game,which so far is getting them(me) out of trouble;)
    germany were well able to deal with a better player than villa (messi)and there is no reason why they cant do the same again.(even though villa is having a better tour)

now maybe im being biased because i have already backed germany dnb, but if you want i bet their is not the same number of reasons to back spain....

now i will stand to be corrected and if you want you can slait me if spain go on to win but im going with my head and partically my heart(pocket)..

also i would like to put 150-200 on villa not to score,i know i can do this in betfair,but can someone please tell me how.
    thanks in advance,....

Germany v Spain
    Win-Draw-Win
    Germany
    15/8
    €100 returns €287.5

again,best of luck...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

just lay villa to score on betfair, go into the 'to score' market and lay him.

ok well im after doing a bit more research in some other sites and have decided not to lay villa,
    instead i have come across this very attracting bet,
    heres a quote/statistic...

"Corners Match Bet
    Germany are the tournament's highest scorers but their corners count is remarkably low: they've never managed more than seven corners in a game, averaged 5.2 corners a match and lost three of five corners match bets to date.
    Spain have twice managed 12 corners in two games, averaged 8.2 corners a game and won four of five corners match bets, drawing the other one. The stats are overwhelmingly in Spain's favour, so I'm shocked Vincente del Bosque's side are as big as 10/11 to obtain more corners than Germany. Get on while you can."

not the best value but it should be safeish...:o
    Germany v Spain
    Corner Match Bet
    Spain
    4/6
    €100 returns €166.67

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

This is because Spain have being chasing games like the Switzerland match, Paraguay game...Germany have taking a good few first half leads England Argentina Australia ...all early goals..

I say if Germany are leading after first 20 minutes you will win this bet but if they aren't then it could go either way...

Whoever is losing at half time i would fancy for this bet

Germany v Spain
    Anytime Goalscorer
    B Schweinsteiger
    13/2

Uruguay v Holland
    Anytime Goalscorer
    A Ooijer
    20/1

lose
    double,€100 returns €345.45

Germany v Spain
    Draw No Bet
    Germany
    evens

Uruguay v Holland
    Win-Draw-Win
    Holland
    8/11

lose
    Uruguay v Holland
    Match To Be Decided on Penalties
    Yes
    6/1
    €20
    lose
    also i would like to put 150-200 on villa not to score,i know i can do this in betfair,but can someone please tell me how.
    thanks in advance,....

Germany v Spain
    Win-Draw-Win
    Germany
    15/8
    €100 returns €287.5
    lose,,, if only i layed villa to score like i said i would things would of been so much different/better
    not the best value but it should be safeish...:o
    Germany v Spain
    Corner Match Bet
    Spain
    4/6
    €100 returns €166.67
    Win

Well in fairness to spain,,i really cant complain about the result,much the better team,really dont want to go into much detail as im fairly annoyed..

now i have a problem where i could use some of your advice,,
    i have holland at 16-1 to win outwright.i stand to get a return of €850,
    now at present the price for spain to win is 11/10,holland 11/4..to lift the cup its 8/15 and 6/4 respectively.
    i think if things went good tonight i would of left it but now im not to sure...
    do i now lay off for a profit or ride it out,
    thoughts????
    thanks

Bal=€1105.67 Profit=764-5-100-20-100+66.67=€605.67

couldnt up-date the tread, as i was at the "Willie Clancy" music festival in clare,its been sum last few days,spent 350 over the 3 days i was up there but was well worth it, hopefully now over the next few weeks i can get that back...
    had a quick look through the forum,nice to see a lot of ye won on the "bookings" in the final,;)

First bet in a while so hopefully now..
    Double

Bohemians v The New Saints
    2010-07-13 19:45:00
    Win-Draw-Win
    Bohemians
    2/5

Cork v Waterford
    2010-07-17 18:00:00
    To lift the cup
    Cork
    1/2

€200 returns €420,

was going to go for the 4/7 for cork to win but the difference in the odds is marginal and i would only stand to win an extra 20 if they didi win,this bet is now eliminating the draw as a lose...
    did a bit of analysis into bohemians and got some advice on here aswel so hopefully this will bring back some of the money lost/drank up in clare.;)

couldnt up-date the tread, as i was at the "Willie Clancy" music festival in clare,its been sum last few days,spent 350 over the 3 days i was up there but was well worth it, hopefully now over the next few weeks i can get that back...
    had a quick look through the forum,nice to see a lot of ye won on the "bookings" in the final,;)

Good man, some craic I'd say.

Me brother was teaching in the summer-school there.

I hope you weren't going around ripping car parts off? :D

Doocey wrote: »
    Good man, some craic I'd say.

Me brother was teaching in the summer-school there.

I hope you weren't going around ripping car parts off? :D

ya serious crack alri,,
    was tenting out by spanish point,sum spot....:p
    nice bit of talent around aswel which always makes it that bit better.
    nope, i was a good boy....:)

Bohemians v The New Saints

bohemians won 1-0

thats all i wanted,;)just need cork to the business now for that double to come in...there are some injury worries within the camp so i wont no until mid week if they will be playing or not....
    if they dont corks odds could drift slightly,but i couldnt wait for that to happen as the bohs game was roughly a week before the cork game....

ya serious crack alri,,
    was tenting out by spanish point,sum spot....:p
    nice bit of talent around aswel which always makes it that bit better.
    nope, i was a good boy....:)

Dodgy Dodgy!
    Yeah, the auld trad brings out the talent alright! :)

• Advertisement

got this "tip" off a mate,
    never bet on golf,but lets hope.
    brother has him backed aswel which is very unusual...:pac:

Open Championship 2010 Outright Betting
    2010-07-15 06:30:00
    Outright Betting
    Rose, Justin
    1/4 places 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
    €25 e/w @ 25-1

what cha make of his chances.because i dont have a clue.....going against my word in this bet but anyway..:o
    his odds have droped to 22-1 in pp now so there is money coming for him,
    at least he was taken when he was value,as in some place hes 16-1..:eek:

shot a -2 in his day 1, odds drifted now to 33-1 on pp,but he is still in with a good chance, i reckon after speaking to d mate again..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement