Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coughlan's All-Sports Bets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Bestake

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Figures are calculated by checking your online poker stats. Surely your checking up on the stats of the opponents your playing?

Back of the net ya mad yoke!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Figures are calculated by checking your online poker stats. Surely your checking up on the stats of the opponents your playing?

of course,but that wasnt the question..how did you calculate it,
    btw pm if your answering as your man is right,its off topic..

on a side note have a nice few bets with the donkeys today so hopfully now.

well those donkeys are turning into horses by all account,
    first race of the day and its a 9-1 winner..backed from 25-1,just followed the money,no other research done,
    challenge=guess the horse..:D

secound winner of the day,,,why at 13/8..also had evas time (weld horse) noted at 10-1 as a treat,sure was came 2nd..

thrid winner of the day,,,cybersnow @evens wins easily...

fourth winner of the day beethoven @ 2-1....this horse racing thing is easy...

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

Guys will ye just take it to pm, this is the Premiership, championship etc thread its getting annoying looking for actually talk on them.
    What he said, there seems to be a lot of jealous people having a go at Coughlan in here. The man is doing well and fair play to him for it

ok well i said at the start i would not be counting the horses towards the log as it aint really my style/knowleage of sport,but ive changed my mind,and sense its a new log starting from scratch i cant see no harm in it
    from now on all horse bets will be logged and counted towards the log.

i had 4 winners today and 1 place.:)
    if i did a lucky 15 which i see some people on here doing i would of got a return of just under €480,for a €15 stake,not bad...

made a profit of €135.38 today,of course as i said already i know nothing about horses so dont go following my picks.;)
    btw im changing the name of the tread in case yer wondering whats going on.lots of confusion being caused..:pac:

besthorsedaybyaclearmile.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Good stuff, and a nice profit.

One thing though, you should never really bet on something that you're not au fait with, or have an idea about.
    Never a good idea in gambling.

oh i no,thats why i said i dont want any1 to follow my horse bets..
    but the people that i do get "tips" from know a lot about the sport so it shouldnt do too much harm to the bank..;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Thread title changed at Coughlan's request.

Good stuff today boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭glanman

Sir Vival wrote: »
    Great post on Duhallow glanman (im still a bit confused though :rolleyes:) Like do the players play league football with their own junior parishes or something? In roscommon we just have like 12 senior clubs, 12 inter clubs and the rest are junior A/B.

Players still and always have there club and play club championship and league just like senior teams, just at their grade be it intermediate or junior A/B/C. If a Duhallow club won the intermediate championship they would be promoted to senior and the players who normally played with duhallow would be ineligible as their club team is now senior. Club is generally number one priority, thats why divisions normally don't do well. Duhallow are the exception, they have a committed bunch of players and management to keep it together and make a fair crack at it.

This help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

Any opinions on the ballinhassig v erins own hurling game? was looking to put erins own in a double with james stephens (kilkenny hurling championship)

• Advertisement

coughlan08 wrote: »
    it is when it was just an hours work.
    how did you calculate those figures,im assuming you dont play double ups.!
    Just for the record your Roi for poker is -9% and your total profit is -$684 ! Hardly demolishing the tables !

Its called sharkscope, check it out, you can check out other players stats, depending on the site you play. Paddypower is one such site.

dotsflan wrote: »
    Any opinions on the ballinhassig v erins own hurling game? was looking to put erins own in a double with james stephens (kilkenny hurling championship)

Certainly Erins Own, what price are they? Don't know much about KK hurling but the stephens are quality, even without Shefflin,

glanman wrote: »
    Certainly Erins Own, what price are they? Don't know much about KK hurling but the stephens are quality, even without Shefflin,

shefflin plays with ballyhale;) but easy mistake. both teams are 1/3 so thats why im looking to double them up. Wouldnt be very upto date with the kk club scene myself but on the kilkenny gaa website most posters on the forum are expecting james stephens to win comfortably

shefflin plays with ballyhale;) but easy mistake. both teams are 1/3 so thats why im looking to double them up. Wouldnt be very upto date with the kk club scene myself but on the kilkenny gaa website most posters on the forum are expecting james stephens to win comfortably

As I said, don't know much about KK club scene, sorry! I do know tullaron have a good few guys who have county experience, recent minor and u21 guys, but I'm sure Stephens have plenty too. As I said, not much knowedge about KK club scene

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

glanman wrote: »
    Players still and always have there club and play club championship and league just like senior teams, just at their grade be it intermediate or junior A/B/C. If a Duhallow club won the intermediate championship they would be promoted to senior and the players who normally played with duhallow would be ineligible as their club team is now senior. Club is generally number one priority, thats why divisions normally don't do well. Duhallow are the exception, they have a committed bunch of players and management to keep it together and make a fair crack at it.

This help?

That's great thanks. You seem to know a fair a bit about the scene in cork... if you fancy anything in the cork or even munster club scene could you please post it in the club gaa thread in the main gambling forum with a bit of a preview...
    both teams are 1/3 so thats why im looking to double them up.

Dotsflan, the game in roscommon that I previewed last week is on sat. evening. The prices aren't up on PP yet but i was assured they would be up tomorrow. St. Faithleachas were 4/9 last week (hopefully 8/15 or even 1/2 this week :p) . Well worth adding to make a double or treble, definite winner. I personally will be going bigggg on it.

was looking at this accumalator,havent deceided yet..

man utd 1/4
    bohemians 2/5
    waterford+8 points 3/10
    erins own1/3
    na piarsaigh1/3
    Faithleachas 4/9

i dont really know what to do,must have a proper look tomo..
    i remember man u ****ed up against burley last year in the opening game,so i actually might avoid it..
    tipp could easily go on a rampage and dismantle an average waterford team.erins own will win alri.na piarsaigh is something i will have to look into further tomo aswel,faithleachas well im just going on some1s word.
    in there own respect they should all be winning but as an acc its a fair risk..

odds 5-1 roughly ..thoughts??

im going with this now,

€100 treble

hawthorns 8/13
    erins own 1/3
    St.Faithleachas possibly 4/9

will be placing bet once the odds are up on st.faithleachas.
    hopefully they will be up before 7pm as thats when erins own play,
    did they say what time the odds will be up sir vival??
    if i have time tomo i will do a quick write up...:)

Balance=€500 Profit=€

im going with this now,

€100 treble

hawthorns 8/13
    erins own 1/3
    St.Faithleachas possibly 4/9

if i have time tomo i will do a quick write up...:)

Balance=€500 Profit=€

might go with the above treble but with james stephens instead of hawthorns, do you know much about erins own coughlan?

might go with the above treble but with james stephens instead of hawthorns, do you know much about erins own coughlan?

i actually have relatives from there,
    was talking to the father of one of the players last tuesday night and he said he cant see nothing but an impressive win,i have to agree.
    erins own beat the well known newtownshandrum to progress to the 4th round of championship by 3 points,it was suppose to be an unbelieveable game,it was no fluke,newtown are the best team in cork more or less every year,so it was a mild shock..
    Murphy, Kieran is the captain for cork and plays for erins own,he is a great club man and always plays well,hes a work horse and is a great assist to any senior team..

ballinhassig are a relatively new club to senior.but in fairness they are doing very well for a small village.
    they were Senior Hurling County League Champions in 2007 & 2008 which was very impressive,but this is championship,not much is expected but talking to a few of the ballinhassig lads they think they might catch erins own on the hop,as they are going into the game expected to put up a good performance and nothing else.
    for a team to beat newtown takes something special and i fully expect a erins own win.

verdict: Erins Own

hope that helps in making your decesion..

btw do you know much about james stephens,should they be winning like?
    thanks

I wouldnt know a whole lot about james stepens but they were in the county final last year against ballyhale shamrocks and they have 3 players on the county team, including the impressive eoin larkin and jackie tyrell, while im fairly sure brian codys son plays or them also. My main source of info came from the kilkenny cats forum. most posters on there are predicting a comfortable 5 or 6 pt win for james stephens.

Tullaroan have only one representative on the county panel but that is the mightly impressive tommy walsh, who is probably worth 2 players at club level.

• Advertisement

Tajneed @ 9/2 (GP)
    Win or Each Way
    Great St Wilfrid

€20 e/w

has a great chance it will be my only horse bet until the race,
    has been backed well,only noticed the horse running now.
    from 7-1 right into 4-1 in places.
    just to be safe going e/w and should easily place,1,2,3,4...1/4 odds
    well heres hoping anyway..

i actually have relatives from there,
    was talking to the father of one of the players last tuesday night and he said he cant see nothing but an impressive win,i have to agree.
    erins own beat the well known newtownshandrum to progress to the 4th round of championship by 3 points,it was suppose to be an unbelieveable game,it was no fluke,newtown are the best team in cork more or less every year,so it was a mild shock..
    Murphy, Kieran is the captain for cork and plays for erins own,he is a great club man and always plays well,hes a work horse and is a great assist to any senior team..

ballinhassig are a relatively new club to senior.but in fairness they are doing very well for a small village.
    they were Senior Hurling County League Champions in 2007 & 2008 which was very impressive,but this is championship,not much is expected but talking to a few of the ballinhassig lads they think they might catch erins own on the hop,as they are going into the game expected to put up a good performance and nothing else.
    for a team to beat newtown takes something special and i fully expect a erins own win.

verdict: Erins Own

hope that helps in making your decesion..

btw do you know much about james stephens,should they be winning like?
    thanks

Incorrect again, Kieran Murphy from Erins Own is Kieran "Hero" Murphy. Not Cork Captain, Kieran "Fraggy" Murphy plays with Sarsfields. "Kiero the Hero" was a cork senior but was a controversial figure and never quite made the grade despite unquestionable talent.

Erins Own team is backboned by a strong u21 team from 2002-2005 era, winning 4 county finals, but one was not as county champions as they got nominated to play county series, their own division was not finished in time, won it and then lost their divisonal final to sars who are officially county champions... They won Senior County in 2006 and 2007, team is in its prime now, most players are 24-28, good strong team.

feck it ya,sorry dotsflan,,brainfart..:rolleyes:
    still though point stands,erins own are strong and cant see past a win.
    i will be taking it for sure.

a friend of mine says clara should beat tullamore easily in the offaly football championship. id be more upto date with the hurling side of things here but looking at the results in their group clara have won every game easily and tullamore have struggled by. for example clara bet ferbane 2-11 to 1-3, whereas tullamore bet them 1-7 to 8pts. but only small stakes as im not familiar as i said with the football side of things here

i cant believe our odds again,by the way the game is on the 15th not the 14th which it says on pp.

Aussie Rules Matches Hawthorn v Melbourne
    15-08-2010 05:10
    Match Betting
    Hawthorn @ 8/13

Cork Club Hurling Matches Courcey Rovers v Valley Rovers
    14-08-2010 18:30
    Match Betting
    Valley Rovers @ 6/5

€50 returns 177.69

will do a preview tonight when i get the time

They gave me no time last night but the sligo club fixtures which i requested are up now so i will get on to them again to put up the ros game asap (will definately be up before 7pm tonight)

Think i'll go with
    (1) Erins Own @1/3 (ye guys have convinced me... ballyhassig did beat them in the league though...)
    (2) St. Faithleachas (@4/9 probably)
    (3) Abbeylara @1/4.

€50 returns €120 odd

Abbeylara (longford) are top of the div.1 league having lost only once last year and have a p.d of +47. They also won the div. 1 at a canter last year. Abbey have also won 3 games in the championship this year.
    Rathcline are fighting relegation from div.1 having won only twice and losing 8 times with a p.d of -42. They've also lost a game in the championship this year but scraped into the quarter finals. It's basically a team with championship winning hopes against a team who are just happy to be there having secured senior championsip status.

Verdict: Abbeylara by 5pts

There's so many attractive fixtures this week, might add in one of the following:

St. Johns
    v Calry St.Josephs @2/9. Johns are div.1 while calry are playin div. 3 league otherwise known as junior! and they're not doing very well there.

Garrycastle v Mullingar Shamrocks @1/2. Garrycastle have a massive pick taking in alot of athlone and also have dessie dolan in their ranks. They're seen as championship favourites and should prevail by 4 or 5 pts.

Graigue Ballycallan v Ballyhale Shamrocks @1/6. Purely just cus it's shamrocks and they always win + the lads on the kilkenny gaa forums reckon this will be a stroll in the park.

I could go on and on and on...

EDIT: Just checked match program from sligo v mayo this year. St. Johns have 5 county players including captain corner back charlie harrison and 4 subs while calry/st.josephs have zilch, zero, nada, none, 0.

I have looked at some of this weekend games in Cork.

Blackrock v Cloyne in Senior Hurling. Blackrock are terrible team, seriously in decline, Cloyne to win this easy 4/9 is free money considering some of the prices on other teamshttp://cashmans.ie/othersports/othersports2.html

They are a cork bookies so do shop and over the phone betting.

Killdorrery to Beat Canovee at 6/5 is also a great bet in my eyes, they should be 4/6 to win this game in my opinion. They are one of the favourites to win this grade and have a great knack of scoring goals, very important in football and very hard to beat any team who scores 2 goals or more in a game, especially in club games.

As for Courceys and Valleys, a word of warning is that they are near neighbours. This game is a coin toss in my eyes, could go either way and I would recommend backing the draw at 9/1 with a small stake. They love their draws in Cork club games! That said Coughlan is from Valleys so he will know more than I do on this but the heart could be influencing him a little here.

Sars will certainly beat Killeagh too if doing an accum and want another bet.

Roscommon game up on pp.

St. Faithleachas are 2/5 for the win :mad:.

were i cant see it anywhere,i must be blind,
    can you give me the link

• Advertisement

were i cant see it anywhere,i must be blind,
    can you give me the link

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports

Gaa football matches coupon -> 14 August 2010 -> 19:00

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement