Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coughlan's All-Sports Bets

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

coughlan08 wrote: »
    another quick one.

No Panic 3.35 fakenham. 3/1

sorry lads meant 2.35,im asleep..

couldnt handel the trip,3rd,the outsider sporting rebel won quiet easily.

FAKENHAM 15:10 NOVICE HURDLE 2m 4f
    22-10-2010 15:10
    Win or each way
    Carribs Leap @ 5/4 (GP)

carribs leap
    runs in the next at fakenham,imo i feel there is only one challenger,that been frontier spirit,its the jockeys only ride for today and the stable is in cracking form..i just dont think it will handel the good ground and fancy the favourite to win this quiet easily.A.P Mccoy booked and has decent bumper form on good ground..
    the horse should stay as it won a PTP over 3m,good bet imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Carribs Leap @ 5/4 (GP)

I've layed him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Win or each way
    Carribs Leap @ 5/4 (GP)

carribs leap
    runs in the next at fakenham,imo i feel there is only one challenger,that been frontier spirit,its the jockeys only ride for today and the stable is in cracking form..i just dont think it will handel the good ground and fancy the favourite to win this quiet easily.A.P Mccoy booked and has decent bumper form on good ground..

Backed Frontier Spirit in-play at 15/8 gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Backed Frontier Spirit in-play at 15/8 gutted

Didn't back anything there but thought Paddy Brennan was too confident on that horse. Frontier Spirit is probably the better horse though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭glanman

Win or each way
    Carribs Leap @ 5/4 (GP)

carribs leap runs in the next at fakenham,imo i feel there is only one challenger,that been frontier spirit,its the jockeys only ride for today and the stable is in cracking form..i just dont think it will handel the good ground and fancy the favourite to win this quiet easily.A.P Mccoy booked and has decent bumper form on good ground..

I have berated you before on your style of posting etc but I have to say you are in great form with the betting.

Backed straight forecast on the result of this race and carribs leap at 11/8.

Well done on the success but be careful at times, you got a bit loose last night for example, I think placing bets you admitted yourself you were not confident in.

• Advertisement

Win or each way
    Carribs Leap @ 5/4 (GP)

carribs leap

WON

i was able to back him again on betfair in running at 8/1,5 euro,but that wont be counted towards the log...
    won by a lenght to the danger frontier spirit....imo frontier spirit had the shorter run along the rails,was defo too confident traded at 1.18 in running but carribs leap jumped the last better and therefore won.
    carribs leap responded excellent to the whip and i knew he would stay,the only worry was had he the pace and stamina to jump the last, he did,,just..:p

glanman wrote: »
    I have berated you before on your style of posting etc but I have to say you are in great form with the betting.

Backed straight forecast on the result of this race and carribs leap at 11/8.

Well done on the success but be careful at times, you got a bit loose last night for example, I think placing bets you admitted yourself you were not confident in.

thanks.

if your referring to Modun,then in hindsight im actually very happy with the bet,
    he ran an excellent race,traded at 1.1,the commentators were even suprised with how good he ran,it was just very unlucky he was beaten in a photo finish,
    any money i lose to a photo finish i wont be mad over,i spotted value also as he went off at evens,i got him at 11/8..
    thanks again,appreciated..

i think everyone seems to bee having a bet in the 3.55 doncaster so i will aswel,,just so that if i did win it would be some gloating session,messin..
    anyway,

Tajneed 20/1
    M Oconnell

no reasoning really as its an open race,and long shots really arent my niche.
    but just think he is value now at 20/1,were early prices had him at 12/1.
    the name rings a bell aswel which prob means ive backed him before,

2.5 e/w

i think everyone seems to bee having a bet in the 3.55 doncaster so i will aswel,,just so that if i did win it would be some gloating session,messin..
    anyway,

Tajneed 20/1
    M Oconnell

no reasoning really as its an open race,and long shots really arent my niche.
    but just think he is value now at 20/1,were early prices had him at 12/1.
    the name rings a bell aswel which prob means ive backed him before,

2.5 e/w

happy enough with that,7th unlucky not to place imo,i think it beat everyones horse on here so thats a milestone in itself....:p

im also having a small flutter on a horse i really like,have won money off him before and am going to give him another chance.

ONCASTER 16:30 HANDICAP (0-85 1m 6f 132yds
    22-10-2010 16:30
    Win or each way
    Each Way Odds: 1/4 places 1,2,3,4
    Descaro @ 9/1 (GP)

2.5 e/w

quick 1..

WOLVERHAMPTON 19:45 HANDICAP (0-60 1m 1f 103yds
    22-10-2010 19:45
    Place Only 3 Places
    Bentley @ 85/40

• Advertisement

WOLVERHAMPTON 20:15 MAIDEN AUCTION 1m 1f 103yds
    22-10-2010 20:15
    Win or each way
    Plutocraft @ 9/4(GP)

Has a great chance in landing this one,i think it will be backed furthermore before the off,main danger imo is sennybridge...

WOLVERHAMPTON 20:15 MAIDEN AUCTION 1m 1f 103yds
    22-10-2010 20:15
    Win or each way
    Plutocraft @ 9/4(GP)

Has a great chance in landing this one,i think it will be backed furthermore before the off,main danger imo is sennybridge...

WON

ran a great race and looked very comfortable in the middle of the group throughout the race,when they hit the straight he turned on the pace and ran out easy by 2 and a half lenghts...

WOLVERHAMPTON 20:45 HANDICAP (0-55) ( 1m 141yds
    22-10-2010 20:45
    Place Only 3 Places
    Tallawalla @ 11/10

i think this horse has a lot better chance than the odds suggest,5/1 atm is way over priced in my opinion even though he is up against good horses.
    would not be suprised if he he won but there might be 1 or 2 horses 2 good for him on the day so am going for the to place market..

WOLVERHAMPTON 20:45 HANDICAP (0-55) ( 1m 141yds
    22-10-2010 20:45
    Place Only 3 Places
    Tallawalla @ 11/10

i think this horse has a lot better chance than the odds suggest,5/1 atm is way over priced in my opinion even though he is up against good horses.
    would not be suprised if he he won but there might be 1 or 2 horses 2 good for him on the day so am going for the to place market..

WON

as predcted he was over priced and was backed into 4/1 before the off,the to place odds were then 8/11.

he ran a very good race and in the last furlong he looked the likely winner..
    he was just beaten by a head in the end to come 2nd...;)

Another profitable day,:D

ive almost trebled my bank and i only started 2 days ago..;)

Balance=278.29 Profit=178.29

i dont care what any1 says about this horse he won me a fortune a while back,
    he traded at 14/1 in running but won by a lenght,,
    i had 500 on him at 5/4 clear favourite,(working off a lot bigger bank at the time)..it was 1 of my biggest bet ever.
    although its only pennies to the stake i had he deserves this bet to say the least...
    can only see it shortening.

NEWBURY 14:05 HORRIS HILL GROUP 3 STAKES 7f
    23-10-2010 14:05
    Win or each way
    Big Issue @ 5/1 (GP) R.Hughes rides.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Another profitable day,:D

ive almost trebled my bank and i only started 2 days ago..;)

Balance=278.29 Profit=178.29

Fair play lad. Followed you on a few horses. You are doing well. Hope you keep it up.

Draw @ 12/5
    Win-Draw-Win
    Tottenham v Everton

Draw @ 11/5
    Win-Draw-Win
    Wigan Athletic v Bolton

Aston Villa @ 15/8
    Win-Draw-Win
    Sunderland v Aston Villa

treble. 5

just following nulty here,no reasoning

DONCASTER 14:25 DONCASTER LISTED STAKES (2YO) 6f
    23-10-2010 14:25
    Win or each way
    Galtymore Lad @ 13/8 (GP)

thats enough of open bets for me so am leaving it at that until 2.30 or thereabouts...;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

You're going to get a permanent twitch from the amount of winking you do.. ;)

:pac:

Good luck today dude, really fancy Galtymore Lad too but I don't get involved with those prices, I don't find it fun. He should be a winner though. :)

• Advertisement

x PyRo wrote: »
    You're going to get a permanent twitch from the amount of winking you do.. ;)

:pac:

Good luck today dude, really fancy Galtymore Lad too but I don't get involved with those prices, I don't find it fun. He should be a winner though. :)

i dont bet for the fun of it tbh,well not quite anyway.;)
    jus trying to fund my way through college,as i couldnt get a loan at the start of the year and didnt want to go into my shares account..

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Neither do I, I've to live off my gambling, thankfully it pays handsomely but I get great fun out of it too. I just don't like big risk for relatively small returns so I try click in with bigger prices, although I really fancy that one tomorrow but I've a fortune staked already.

Student loans are a disaster anyways, lucky you didn't get one in ways. The accumulator will tide you over for a while I'm sure! Serious stuff altogether, I got a similar one up last year, best buzz I ever had but absolutely hell when it's down to the final game.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Neither do I, I've to live off my gambling, thankfully it pays handsomely but I get great fun out of it too. I just don't like big risk for relatively small returns so I try click in with bigger prices, although I really fancy that one tomorrow but I've a fortune staked already.

Student loans are a disaster anyways, lucky you didn't get one in ways. The accumulator will tide you over for a while I'm sure! Serious stuff altogether, I got a similar one up last year, best buzz I ever had but absolutely hell when it's down to the final game.

ya i spose but hindsight is great..was really worried how i would get myself threw college,dont have the pleasure of buming off the parents.
    anyway im a lot more satisfied funding myself..

you have no idea, i was nearly cryin when barca went 1 down,
    made it that bit better though when it came in..i just got lucky, it wont happen again,prob because im never going to do an acc that ridiculous..

just following nulty here,no reasoning

DONCASTER 14:25 DONCASTER LISTED STAKES (2YO) 6f
    23-10-2010 14:25
    Win or each way
    Galtymore Lad @ 13/8 (GP)

thats enough of open bets for me so am leaving it at that until 2.30 or thereabouts...;)

just giving some reasoning after doing some research,btw hes now backed into 11/10..he will prob go off even money.,.

I can not see real alternatives to Galtymore Lad. The selection shows a very interesting form with wins in different lengths and soils. It is stepping in grade for its last start win in the lenght so it had been well treated by the handicapper and will probably fly under the hand of Fallon.
    he was 3rd 3 times on the trot and then produced a winner in a 2 horse race.

Signs in the Sands would have to improve greatly from its recent triumph in a lower class while Cape To Rio has been deceptive two consecutive times.
    it looks to be a one horse race but god knows...:p

if i had my usual bigger bank i would of backed pyros horses today expecially that max e/w bet,its now 11/2 so im more than likely going to stay away..
    :o

galty ran well and looked the likely winner,but was beaten in the last 50 yards.3rd...not happy with that at all...

have had a look at these 2 horses the last while now and think both have serious claims,not the best of prices,but they should have a good chance of winning..

AINTREE 17:10 NOVICES CHASE 2m 0f 0y
    23-10-2010 17:10
    Win or each way
    Medermit @ 1/2 (GP)

STRATFORD 14:50 SELLING HURDLE (4 2m 110yds
    23-10-2010 14:50
    Win or each way
    Hibiki @ 5/6 (GP)

the first of the double with the horses is in now anyway with hibiki winning.:)

i backed casamento at the last minute for the simple reason that nulty left me down with galtymore lad and he owed me a winner....:pac:
    there was no point posting it here as the bet was placed at 2.57 and the scheduled starting time was 2.55.so i would obviously be called up on the timing issue so said there was no point,instead im just going to post a screenshot...2 10 euro bets
    Screenshot2010-10-23at151448-1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

the first of the double with the horses is in now anyway with hibiki winning.:)

i backed casamento at the last minute for the simple reason that nulty left me down with galtymore lad and he owed me a winner....:pac:
    there was no point posting it here as the bet was placed at 2.57 and the scheduled starting time was 2.55.so i would obviously be called up on the timing issue so said there was no point,instead im just going to post a screenshot...2 10 euro bets
    Screenshot2010-10-23at151448-1.png

I'm as disappointed in Galtymore as you. He was never travelling and hung like painting. Not his running. We'll get a better price next time. 13/8 was a decent price although theere was plenty of potential improvers like the winner.

Nulty wrote: »
    I'm as disappointed in Galtymore as you. He was never travelling and hung like painting. Not his running. We'll get a better price next time. 13/8 was a decent price although theere was plenty of potential improvers like the winner.

ya hopefully he will get us a win in the future,he hung big time alri..
    thanks for casamento.;),,won nicely but had me worried at one stage.:o

just a quick one.should get his first win in a while here today.

STRATFORD 16:25 MAIDEN HURDLE (4Y 2m 110yds
    23-10-2010 16:25
    Win or each way
    Paint The Clouds @ 4/5 (GP)

• Advertisement

just a quick one.should get his first win in a while here today.

STRATFORD 16:25 MAIDEN HURDLE (4Y 2m 110yds
    23-10-2010 16:25
    Win or each way
    Paint The Clouds @ 4/5 (GP)

WON

won by a length and a half....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement