Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coughlan's All-Sports Bets

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

coughlan08 wrote: »
    cant wait for kempton tonight,going to clean those bookies out.

I'll be waiting for your picks - decided to have my first ever horse racing day today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LOL! Hubris anyone? Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Con1110

Going to go with your selections 2nite too see how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Archimedes wrote: »
    I'll be waiting for your picks - decided to have my first ever horse racing day today :)

well good luck.
    i hope you didnt back the others i had today,they just were not themselves.
    there were other better horses on the day so dont mind really..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

well good luck.
    i hope you didnt back the others i had today,they just were not themselves.
    there were other better horses on the day so dont mind really..

Only one I backed was Noble Prince. Was a bit bored so I decided I'd go with one from each of yourself, Pyro and Johner!

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    LOL! Hubris anyone? Good luck.

:D...ive always been arrogant but i aint out of touch with reality,its just a fact...;).....i had to look up that word,didnt have a clue what you were ona bout...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can I predict your picks?

17.40 Ayam Zainah or Swansea Jack
    18.10 Annes Rocket
    18.40 Twice Bitten
    19.10 Romantic Wish
    19.40 Flag Officer
    20.10 Wallis
    20:40 is tricky but Barney and Queally have Allanit running.
    21.10 Woolston Ferry or Know no fear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

The horses are clearly better than they ran,just had an off day.Happens the best of them

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nobel prince @ 6/5 Punchestown 3.20
    Paul Carberry

this horse should get me back to winning ways today.backed him before and with an excellent jockey aboard he should be winning this one..

Nice one :D Had him as well. :) There is a lot more to come from this one as well, excellent debut over fences.

Quite fancy Crossword and Face value in two maidens tonight against short priced favourites.

• Advertisement

Ayam Zainah 2nite id say what ye think?
    Had him when Swansea Jack won over 6f a few weeks ago.. think he was 2nd that day and finishing well

Drill Sergeant @ 6/5 Haydock 5.10
    A P Mccoy

The big danger i see in this one is Mister Wall Street, has a full season of hurdling at the top level last year behind him and should come back stronger this year. He gets the ground and I think that if he can get a few good jumps under his belt he may be able to get Drill Sergeant under pressure.
    But thats really all i think he will be able to do,i just think DS has too much class and with one of the best jockeys in the business i cant see much going wrong.
    His presence in this race is certainly different class to these and will be there when it matters. Under conditions which should be ideal and a typical A P Mcoy ride i think he has the race in the bag,,,

Lady Paris @ 7/2 musselbourgh 4.25
    T Eaves

Just the 3 runs for Lady Paris but all in decent races and its mark of 77 for this nursery seems fair enough. Its 3 runs have been over 6f 2 of which were on soft ground and even though winning 2 runs ago it seems to have tired in both races come the last 100 yds so the drop back to 5f should be ideal. if it can get out quick and grab the favoured rail i think it stands a solid chance imo...the only worry for me is not another horse but a jockey by the name of P.hanagan, hes having a super day and everything he touchs is winning,hes also sitting on the secound fav who is being backed for the only reason i can imagine is because hanagan is on brilliant form...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

mike65 wrote: »
    Can I predict your picks?

17.40 Ayam Zainah or Swansea Jack
    18.10 Annes Rocket
    18.40 Twice Bitten
    19.10 Romantic Wish
    19.40 Flag Officer
    20.10 Wallis
    20:40 is tricky but Barney and Queally have Allanit running.
    21.10 Woolston Ferry or Know no fear

Most of them are the ones I'm laying tonight :p Prolly a bad thing since it's aw though!

unfortunately lady paris got no run,couldnt come out of the stalls quick enough to get good positioning by the inside rail.got held up also on more than one occasion,it would of gone very close it given a run...will be on here next time at a bigger price hopefully.

Hong Kong Island 5/2
    Paul Hanagan

no time for any write up for her,but just watch the market flood for her closer to the off,should go very close.

Chiefdom Prince
    5/4
    R L Moore
    stoute and moore combination.;)
    before colour scheme got pulled up it was a 2 horse race,now its a one horse race and should go onto win this easily.i dont rate point blank..

thats too much staked already but am confident in my selections and should turn a nice profit from them all running to potential that is..

A P Mccoy

The big danger i see in this one is Mister Wall Street, has a full season of hurdling at the top level last year behind him and should come back stronger this year..

I'd be on your fella before Mister Wall street. I wouldn't say he was at the top level,he ran in novice hurdles and is still a maiden before finishing down the field as a 200/1 shot in the supreme novice. Was getting well backed earlier though

Come on Drill Sergeant!!!

Theres my luck for ya

What a Crazy Race

Thanks Coughlan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭thenutflush

Good stuff Drill Sergeant!

Ross Bay.. 5/4 punchestown

A Four year old Bay Filly by Fleminsfirth out of a Kings Ride mare Ghillies Bay, last ran on 16th September at Listowel over 16 furlongs on Good to Yeiling Ground Conditions finishing 2nd of 7 runners against the Geldings on her last run, this is an all mares race and this filly has won over todays distance of 16 furlongs, trained by C Roche and ridden by Mr.P Roche who claims 3Lbs, is very resolute in her running and is a win punt for today and the Nap for today.

• Advertisement

unfortunately lady paris got no run,couldnt come out of the stalls quick enough to get good positioning by the inside rail.got held up also on more than one occasion,it would of gone very close it given a run...will be on here next time at a bigger price hopefully.

Hong Kong Island 5/2
    Paul Hanagan

no time for any write up for her,but just watch the market flood for her closer to the off,should go very close.

2ND traded at 1.3 in running,,,gutted

Chiefdom Prince
    5/4
    R L Moore
    stoute and moore combination.;)
    before colour scheme got pulled up it was a 2 horse race,now its a one horse race and should go onto win this easily.i dont rate point blank..

2ND traded at 1.08 in running
    thats too much staked already but am confident in my selections and should turn a nice profit from them all running to potential that is..
    Ross Bay.. 5/4 punchestown

A Four year old Bay Filly by Fleminsfirth out of a Kings Ride mare Ghillies Bay, last ran on 16th September at Listowel over 16 furlongs on Good to Yeiling Ground Conditions finishing 2nd of 7 runners against the Geldings on her last run, this is an all mares race and this filly has won over todays distance of 16 furlongs, trained by C Roche and ridden by Mr.P Roche who claims 3Lbs, is very resolute in her running and is a win punt for today and the Nap for today.

2ND,couldnt find anything in the last furlong.1.5 in running

if i get anymore 2nds i will go cracked..

A P Mccoy

The big danger i see in this one is Mister Wall Street, has a full season of hurdling at the top level last year behind him and should come back stronger this year. He gets the ground and I think that if he can get a few good jumps under his belt he may be able to get Drill Sergeant under pressure.
    But thats really all i think he will be able to do,i just think DS has too much class and with one of the best jockeys in the business i cant see much going wrong.
    His presence in this race is certainly different class to these and will be there when it matters. Under conditions which should be ideal and a typical A P Mcoy ride i think he has the race in the bag,,,

WON...traded at 11.0 in running

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

WON...traded at 11.0 in running

Touched 120/1 in running on betfair.

layed romantic wish at 2.54
    20 liability 30.8

Think that could be a good lay. Not the strongest of maidens,I'd take Botti's newcomer if I were to back anything

layed romantic wish at 2.54
    20 liability 30.8

WON

came 3rd,never really looked in contention..

Allanit
    T P Queally
    to place 3.65 on bf

no good,,,

not my day today,too many secounds..
    would of had the winners to the 7.40 and 8.10 if i didnt go down to the lads house, they were the only 2 i was planing on backing too which is very annoying,not meant to be..
    target is still a balance of 600

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Whats the balance after today?

• Advertisement

my luck just wasnt in,down about 130 today.(including the loss on the NFL)could of been a lot different but dont mind,i take the losing days just as good as the winning ones..;)

Balance=354.5....................Profit=254.5

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement