Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coughlan's All-Sports Bets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

x PyRo wrote: »
    /puts on mod hat

Baz, quit that stuff please. No need for it at all. It's his log, let him do as he pleases. Within reason of course!

Bit harsh on Baz there. Seeing as old coughlan seems to add or hide bets as he pleases.

Not sure what he gets out of it, other than the fuzzy feeling of strangers off the internet rubbing him up the right way. Each to their own of course. :rolleyes: (Using Couglans favourite smiley)

Regards calling it his "log", not sure id go with that. Due to the addition/omission of bets quite regularly, the fact bets are posted 1 minute before/the odd time after the offtime on some events. I only question why you bother to post here coughlan, you obviously arent putting up tips; as you have made clear, however, why are you putting yourself through the hassle to post them all here? An excel sheet or a A4 pad and a biro are easier ways to log your bets, without the stress of putting them here. Unless of course, you have the need to have an ego massaged by people you dont know.

The best part so far was the two screenshots:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/245363/121177.JPG

Considering the first one is bet 530 dated 26th May, and the second one 543 dated 22 July (13 slip difference), yet you have 19 bets logged in your own thread.

Mind you it is entertaing to watch so keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Healio wrote: »
    Bit harsh on Baz there. Seeing as old coughlan seems to add or hide bets as he pleases.

Not sure what he gets out of it, other than the fuzzy feeling of strangers off the internet rubbing him up the right way. Each to their own of course. :rolleyes: (Using Couglans favourite smiley)

Regards calling it his "log", not sure id go with that. Due to the addition/omission of bets quite regularly, the fact bets are posted 1 minute before/the odd time after the offtime on some events. I only question why you bother to post here coughlan, you obviously arent putting up tips; as you have made clear, however, why are you putting yourself through the hassle to post them all here? An excel sheet or a A4 pad and a biro are easier ways to log your bets, without the stress of putting them here. Unless of course, you have the need to have an ego massaged by people you dont know.

Considering the first one is bet 530 dated 26th May, and the second one 543 dated 22 July (13 slip difference), yet you have 19 bets logged in your own thread.

fair point there healio and i'm sure there's many a bet that isn't logged.
    How can he though given some are probably in running bets are there's
    a hell of a lot of bets in general

I'm sure plenty of people have made money following coughlan and it's
    right they give him credit for that although it is hard to follow the tips
    given how close some of them are to the off.
    I wouldn't necessarily agree about needing to have his ego massaged
    either...plenty of others do thank pryo in the same way and rightly so.
    Im grateful if i make a few euro and if by thanking him or just saying
    fair play is seen as massaging his ego then so be it.

I personally have followed 5/6 of coughlans picks and what ive made
    in profit would only buy me a few pints.
    I do enjoy reading his thread as i do others especially his gung ho
    approach to betting and the amount of bets he does is insane but he's doing pretty well on his logged bets to be fair.

I love to see anybody making money here and maybe if i followed
    others i might make some myself

hardly harsh on baz either
    the last line was unnecessary to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Healio wrote: »

your totally out of order again as you dont know the full story whatsoever.
    the bets that are not logged here are 1 euro bets to watch the races on pp.
    as ive no sky or anything like that i like to watch the race just for the enjoyment of it nothing else,this is the only way in which i can do this..
    i dont log the euro bets as they are very safe bets at odds of 1/5 etc,like a favourite to be placed or something..
    if you really want me to log a euro bet thats your opinion but im not going to go to the hassel..

i amit sumtimes i do get criticism and theres no problem with it as i deserve it sometimes,but as of late (since starting this new log) i have done nothing out of the way and the abuse im getting is unfair in my opinion,..
    btw all the nfl bets lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

tumblr_kyvqslUyhl1qzv7h6o1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Any selections today coughlan?

• Advertisement

well i was going to be backing medermit 135 plum but slept in. (as usual)
    had a very late sat night so thats prob why,,pity as he won by 3 lenghts..
    cant complain though..

Steps 11/8
    Jack Mitchell

Tiger Line 8/1
    W Marston

the steps race is a toss up imo,i prefer steps though as i have in my tracker and he is 1 ive backed on numerous occasions.
    quality art is prob going to go off odds on but im going for the value bet here..
    small enough stakes though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Nice call there Coughlan. Stuck 60 on him aswell. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

steps won, didnt get on the first selection u had which lost :P that being said i had **** all on steps! still a win is a win

coughlan08 wrote: »
    Steps 11/8
    Jack Mitchell

WON

well as predicted quality art went off at odds on 10/11,but was no match for the value bet steps,a far superior horse.
    steps was backed into 5/4 and won very nicely...:cool:

tiger line traded as low as 3.25 and i was tempted to lay him then but decided against it.not one for laying a horse in running when you have already backed it as you think it has a chance,better horses than him on the day but is one that will stay in my tracker..just an off day id say,he deserves another chance anyway..

• Advertisement

Mujamead 34/1 on bf
    Lee Edwards
    5 on win 10 on place @6/1

value bet in my eyes.drifting big time but like the horse and im sure ive backed before..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lucas_12393

what race is he in? can find him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

was the 3.40 at plumpton

sorry,,,he ran the 3.40 plum,was way off the pace..but a drop in trip will suit and will be on again at a bigger price,,

Leyte Gulf 6/1
    Dane O'Neill

will be hard to over turn the fav here but if there is one horse that can do it imo,it leyte gulf..another big worry for me would be ethics girl,after a very poor recent run but that aside it to stands a big chance...

the favourite is a class act..

Lady Rossetti 6/4 with bf..
    C Catlin

im 50 euro in profit for today so far so will leave me with 10 profit if things go tits up...

again it will be a close encounter between the 3 faourites,
    lady rossetti,
    midnight strider,
    farmers dream,

for me its between lady rossetti and farmers dream,
    midnight strider is a very poor price and would be a good lay,but as this is a fairly poor race i dont think it will take much from lady rossetti to win and improve fome its recent performance of 3rd behind magestic bright,
    is off a very good weight in comparison to midnight strider and can take this in style,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

The log is all about profit, and there's profit being made here.
    Keep it up! :)

Katmai River 8/1
    S Drowne

5.50 wolves

Katmai River 8/1
    S Drowne

5.50 wolves

got very close and traded at 1.3 in running, will win in his next outing if he is run at this same distance,,its really only a matter of time now.
    very close finish..beaten by roughly 2 necks...:o

1 5 Pie Poudre 8-10 p1 Jack Mitchell R Brotherton 3 8/1
    opened 17/2 touched 9/1
    2 8 nk Director General (USA) 9-1 b P Makin Miss J A Camacho 3 9/1
    opened 10/1 touched 12/1
    3 1 hd Bentley (ex6) 9-6 b G Gibbons B P J Baugh 6 5/1
    touched 9/2
    4 12 nk Katmai River (IRE) 9-1 v S Drowne M D I Usher 3 15/2

Arsenal v Man U

this is a game where all this contraversity between the two sides of late will be resolved on old trafford turf..sparks and been flying between the two sides over evras comments towards the arsenal team..whether its true or not is something that will be proved tonight as both teams will be fired up for this knowing chelsea have slipped up again,the winner will go top.
    United will be bidding to extend their unbeaten start to the league season to 16 games.United of late after a slow start to the season have hit form and are now, even though after their last 2 insignificant games are back on form. The injury problems and the household names in the side have started to replicate some of the old form that is needed to regain top spot. United have won their last 4 at home and Arsenal go into Old Trafford on a win of 4 away wins, the short passing attacking game is in fine working order as the resent results from arsenal are impressive and are proving everyone that they are title contenders. Uniteds home record is a dominant one even if Arsenal will not fear going to Old Trafford after positive results in seasons past, the power of the United front line and midfield may be key against a defence that has gone missing at times when the need to be strong has arisen.
    Arsenal are missing two key players. Vermalean and Fabregas will both miss out and these are huge losses in a match like this. Arsenal will rely on the in form Nasri but the Man Utd players will be quick to close him down. Darren Fletcher will be out to prove once again why he is known as a big game player. Arsenal will not back down nor change their style of play which would lead me to believe that over 2.5 at evens is a possibility.
    Man Utd did the double over Arsenal last season, winning 2-1 at home and 3-1 away. Man Utd have a good record against Arsenal, especially at home and they can continue that tonight. Ultimately I feel that the man u will take the early season bragging rights and return to the top of the table by the narrowest of margins...
    if the game is anyway as good as the write up we are in for a 3-2 win to the red devils..:pac:but its more likely going to be a 2-1 win.wouldnt mind a plain old 1-0 either with rooney scoring.

Manchester United Handicap Draw (-1.0)
    5/2

• Advertisement

well its fair to say that arsenal are way out of their depth going on that first half display,man u are taking it to arsenal and they are offering nothing to contradict man u's dominance.arsenal are brutal at the back and their keeper is having a nightmare,the goal was a bit lucky but it was deserved overall.
    i fear for my -1 handicap draw as i feel man u will close out the game with a 2-0,3-0 win...arsenal are offering nothing up front..
    alexs tactics so far with rooney up front on his own is working a dream,as the extra man in the middle of the park means we are dominating mid field.
    exiting game all be it and the support from the crowd is massive..
    cmon united...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Arsenal v Man U

5/2

Credit where its due, posted in time and well analysed. Funny it was Rooney doing ye a favour in the end.

Arsenal v Man U

5/2

WON

what can i say....:D...When your good your good...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mossyman

WON

what can i say....:D...When your good your good...:pac:

Well done, pity I only had a small sum on. Looking to turn 35 into 130 euro tomorrow, the aim being to buy two tickets outside the O2 for Deadmau5 tomorrow night!

Heres to a successful Tuesday :D

that was only my second bet of the year on the premier league,funny enough both have been on handicap draws in man u games and both winning..

Balance=943.02.....................Profit=693.02

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

:mad::mad:Hi coughlan fist off well done you're the one person on here that is making profit constantly but everything you do at the moment seems to come in for you by that i mean utd game.I'm just back from the pub well full now but the only bet i had on the soccer was valencia half time/full time and checked the half time score 3-1 what the **** happens in the second half yeah you guessed it the thick ****s draw :mad: so i need some of your luck rub off do you go to mass? because i at the moment i am on the worst run of luck in my life i feel like killing somebody right now i thought it was a sure thing and had 300 on it:mad: dont actually know why i am posting it in your log only om driunk and need some of your luck so please post a winner tomorrow before the laptop goes out the window

:mad::mad:Hi coughlan fist off well done you're the one person on here that is making profit constantly but everything you do at the moment seems to come in for you by that i mean utd game.I'm just back from the pub well full now but the only bet i had on the soccer was valencia half time/full time and checked the half time score 3-1 what the **** happens in the second half yeah you guessed it the thick ****s draw :mad: so i need some of your luck rub off do you go to mass? because i at the moment i am on the worst run of luck in my life i feel like killing somebody right now i thought it was a sure thing and had 300 on it:mad: dont actually know why i am posting it in your log only om driunk and need some of your luck so please post a winner tomorrow before the laptop goes out the window

dont no what to say to ya only that ive been in your position before and prob worse.at one stage in my life i was a 16 year old who worked for a landscaper for 2 full summers bringing in around 5-6 thousand,i had communion money and confirmation money and was fairly happy with a nice looking bank balance...
    but due to my inexperience and outright stupidity i lost pretty much everything to gambling(paddpower) to be precise..thats why i have always had a grudge against them and still to this day despite their prices i stay with them as i want to clean the dirty rotten ***** out..simple as that..
    it was a very depressing time in my life and to this day i feel kind of sick over it...but i had a serious reality check which i wont go into but it pretty much changed everything for the better..
    lets just say i spotted a gap in the market and set up an online business,which is why i am atm studying web design to develop the business further..i have now been running a business the last 3 years and it has been an over whelming success,i literally went from having a couple of euro in my account to getting financial support from my brother to start up a little business which has grown big time,now that hes paid back and owns a small percentage i have come to a milestone in my life were i am now happy and therefore can gamble successfully,i was a big time gambling addict at one stage so its not all as pretty as it seems its just i have become a lot more mature and my preception to money has completely different.this is the main reason why i am profitable.i have gotten back all the money i lost a couple of years ago and have continued to add another 15000 on top of that
    the point im trying to make is that you might be going through the worst time of your gambling life but dont let that affect your well being,whether its financially or more importantly emotionally..
    not sure what else to say only what i personally went through,and i know exactly what your feeling.i hope you too will reach a milestone were everything changes for the better..
    regards
    coughlan..

Midnight Haze 13/2
    Nick Scholfield

Faithful Duchess 9/2
    Shane Kelly

south 2.55

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner