Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coughlan's All-Sports Bets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

counting my money with a furlong to go
    must have traded awful short in running
    that was hard to take :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

coughlan08 wrote: »
    Faithful Duchess 9/2
    Shane Kelly

south 2.55

2nd,crazy price not sure why she drifted so much.traded at 1.5 in running,i was able to lay @ 1.56,had 20 on it to cover myself but wont count it towards the log as i couldnt be bothered to post a screenshot...

midnight haze ran poor throughout and was never in contention..

Alpha Tauri 16/1
    James Doyle

Toby Tyler 40/1
    Micky Fenton

10 on place at 4/1 and 8/1 restpectively.
    5 on win on both too.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

jackpot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

jackpot

Ha what a man! Well done coughlan08!

• Advertisement

Alpha Tauri 40/1
    James Doyle

Toby Tyler 16/1
    Micky Fenton

10 on place at 8/1 and 4/1 restpectively.
    5 on win on both too.

WON

got the prices wrong on the previous post,above is correct now...
    i dont believe it my first 40/1 winner and i picked it myself,(for a change)
    he was 25/1 with pp...
    massive price massive win...its just keeps on getting better,also happy as i usually back favourite and on this occasion i overturned a 13/8 favorite and a 7/2 second fav....
    love it....:pac:

made 280 profit in that race...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

no idea how you came up with that one
    took one look and said nah

great pick

Where you get 40/1 betfair? Was so close to throwing 5er e/w on him at 20/1 but didnt bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Coughlan you legend. Fair play. I didnt get my bet down in time for Toby Taylor how lucky is that. If you had Toby first in your post I wouldn't have had any money down on Alpha. I only got him at 20/1 but still huge win. Fair play man. Thanks

only1stevo wrote: »
    Where you get 40/1 betfair? Was so close to throwing 5er e/w on him at 20/1 but didnt bother!

got 40s at around 22mins past,the price was there and even bigger but money was put down on him in the last minute as he went from 25s to 20s on pp just before the off.
    yesno1234 wrote: »
    Coughlan you legend. Fair play. I didnt get my bet down in time for Toby Taylor how lucky is that. If you had Toby first in your post I wouldn't have had any money down on Alpha. I only got him at 20/1 but still huge win. Fair play man. Thanks

no problem,ahh sorry for not posting sooner but to be honest i was up the walls this morning with work and only the last hour i have only been having a quick look at the cards..

• Advertisement

got 40s at around 22mins past,the price was there and even bigger but money was put down on him in the last minute as he went from 25s to 20s on pp just before the off.

Prob wouldn't have been able to resist at 40s but **** it, won't make the same mistake!

Will you be having a few big bets at fairyhouse 2mo?

only1stevo wrote: »
    Prob wouldn't have been able to resist at 40s but **** it, won't make the same mistake!

Will you be having a few big bets at fairyhouse 2mo?

my mouth is just watering at the thoughts of it,only found out like an hour ago that the racing is going to be epic.grade 1 and 2s are going to be crazy,i cant resist and will prob go biggish on one or two...just dont no what,,,,,yet..;)

i understand now why pyro doesnt like getting involved at those short priced favourite as the buzz you get from a 40/1 winner cannot be even compared to having 100 on a 10/11..just not the same thing..
    eventhough i loved master minded race as he left it lateish but did it in style...

great day again with 250 profit being made,my first 40/1 winner,il never forget his name, Alpha Tauri and ridden by J Doyle,won easily by 6 lenghts..

Balance=1193.02.....................Profit=943.02

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Fair play, that's some picking!

Hopefully you'll have some winners up for us early tomorrow! Need the cash for Xmas pressies:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

well done , nice pick ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Fair fúcks man, well picked

Thanks lads..again today im going with all my own selections bar 1,some of which i have previously backed and deserve another chance,whether i lose a fortune or win its going to be an epic day of racing regardless.
    place your bets,have a drink and enjoy those grade 1s,2s...:p
    cant wait myself.spent the last couple of hours going through the cards so hopefully it will pay off..

BANGOR

Petite Margot 12/1
    David England

KEMPTON

Katmai River
    Steve Drowne
    non runner
    backed this horse 2 days ago i think and came fourth but only losing by 2 heads,it can certainly do better today and hopeful of a win..

LINGFIELD

Birdolini 8/1
    Fergus Sweeney

NEWBURY

Rimini 17/2
    Paul Moloney

Lead On 30/1
    Tom O'Brien
    5 on win 5 on place @ 6/1

Tante Sissi 2/1
    Wayne Hutchinson

FAIRYHOUSE

Zaarito 8/1
    R M Power

Tranquil Sea 2/1......................Vic Venturi(place only) 9/2
    Andrew J Mcna........................................P Flood

Zaidpour evens
    Paul Townend

a lot of horses backed i know but it will be a long time before you see this kind of racing again,got a bit carried away but can afford to lose it if things go wrong so why not.
    no bets placed yet bar fairly house horses.

i was so tempted to go real big on Mikael Dhaguenet but something just told me not to.not sure what as his record is unbelievable but the way mullins has been talking about him is putting me off big time,,
    another thing thats putting me off is he hasnt run for 600 days...

"We're taking a chance running in this race, but it's just the way everything has happened this year," said Mullins.

"I'm hoping he gets a clear round and that would be the priority. If he can run well after that, then I'll be very pleased.

"Everything is all right with him and we're happy with where he's at, but a trouble-free round is the main thing we want."

maybe im misunderstanding what he is saying but i dont think il even have a small bet after that..

now all that hard work is done i cant wait for tomo..(today)

Nice one Coughlan. Finished my exams tomorrow so hopefully a session will be well funded. I'll be wired in my exam thinking about the races ha. Best of luck with tomorrow's selections.

prices updated in above post,zaidpour into 8/15 so hopeful of a big run now.

Zaidpour evens
    Paul Townend

WON..

Thats the shít im taking about....;)backed into 4/7...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Zaidpour takes it easily. Nice one coughlan.

LINGFIELD

Birdolini 8/1
    Fergus Sweeney

WON

ohhhh yesssss..
    thats what im talking about,get the fúck innnnn...:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Nice one. Good picking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Deadly work coughlan. Long may it last. Keep up the good work and you should have no problems :)

NEWBURY

Rimini 17/2
    Paul Moloney

WON

dont no what to say really...:cool:

Ya've done it again Coughlan. Fair play. 3 out of 4 today. How do ya do it haha. I got Rimini at 6/1 but had 20 on him. Happy out:D Cheers man.

Where do you do most of your bets? I only managed to get Lead On at 10/1 and I put it on last night, thats with PP btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Great selections man. Not been betting much these days, but when I drop in I always check your thread out. What I like about your picks is the consistency but also that you take the occasional mad punt that comes off. Hope you do well today. If any of my own come in I'll throw some on the rest of your picks. Keep it up!

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Ya've done it again Coughlan. Fair play. 3 out of 4 today. How do ya do it haha. I got Rimini at 6/1 but had 20 on him. Happy out:D Cheers man.

Where do you do most of your bets? I only managed to get Lead On at 10/1 and I put it on last night, thats with PP btw.

thanks lads,i amaze myself at times with the horse picks.:pac:
    for the bigger prices i usually use betfair..atm he can be got at 25/1 on there so its best to set up an account there,hes drifting though,and is currently 16/1 on pp..

thanks lads,i amaze myself at times with the horse picks.:pac:
    for the bigger prices i usually use betfair..atm he can be got at 25/1 on there so its best to set up an account there,hes drifting though,and is currently 16/1 on pp..

Do betfair take Laser can't use my credit card in case I need an overdaft in the future although the way you're picking I won't need one anyways haha. Tranquil Sea just won there, brilliant, absolutely brilliant:D

• Advertisement

FAIRYHOUSE

Tranquil Sea 2/1......................Vic Venturi(place only) 9/2
    Andrew J Mcna........................................P Flood

WON

what a ride,delighted with that now i must say.what a horse,never looked in trouble....:D

btw,i loved that drift aswel,out to 5/2,,what fools backed cooldine...:pac:
    vic venturi was a non runner so money back there.
    what a day..:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement