Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coughlan's All-Sports Bets

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

coughlan08 wrote: »
    why may i ask is this lucky...????:confused:

the horses that were long odds were a 1pt pick and if you expect me to pick a winner each time at those odd your on the wrong tread,go to hugh taylor, even though its prob worse over there.:p

not so good....your having a laugh...:pac:,....even though your probably not because you think 75 profit from the horses in a day,which would be 27,375 a year is "not so good"....:rolleyes:
    hmmm i actually dont know why i wrote "lucky" think i meant well he didnt win either so unlucky. i dont actually know what i was saying with that tbh.

I dont expect you to pick a winner everytime!!!!!!
    Think people are picking me up wrong!
    I thought i was on your side by saying you had picked outsiders!
    If only 1/4 horses had come in as favourites then i wouldnt be impressed.
    I'm not saying your "not so good" etc, im saying losing isnt good. I was backing them too so that would mean I called myself a bigger fool or whatever people think im saying about you!
    I cant argue with your profits and i aint arguing with them!
    Though i still think your a bit hasty with the posts, give the man a chance to write a quick summary for the day when doing his p+l.
    Why give him a chance for what? he rarely posts his losses! He seems quick to point it out when he wins!!! Why cant I point them out? I'm betting on them and when I see one lose I can't point it out?
    There was a guy on today looking for the results of the bets today so I dont think its out of order!
    el diablo wrote: »
    adamski only posts here when a pick doesn't win. He loves to see Coughlan's picks lose so he can come here gloating. Pretty sad really. rolleyes.gif
    I think ive only made 3 comments on the thread in total and I dont see how thats gloating? gloating over what?
    As i've metioned on one of those comments ive read the whole thread in the last day or so.
    Ive been telling other people how great he's doing and betting with him so im really not happy when he loses!

jesus these coughlan defenders are worse than the coughlan attackers that were at the start of the thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

you seem genuine enough adamski so we will leave that mess were it started..;)

Barrie Bates v Kevin McDine Total 180s

Over 4.5 @ 8/11
    Over 5.5 @ 11/10

its going to be a close game and is a toss up imo.if i had to lean towards one way over the other i would have to go with bates who is a value pick at 11/10 with betfair..a close game will mean more sets hence a better chance of more 180s.

Bayern v Stuttgart
    Under 6.5 Goals
    5/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 eanna_c

People really need to stop whinging about this thread, so he dosent post losses? Cant ye just assume they didnt win if theres no post about it. Keep up the good work man, Im just really sorry i didnt follow your bets sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

eanna_c wrote: »
    People really need to stop whinging about this thread, so he dosent post losses? Cant ye just assume they didnt win if theres no post about it. Keep up the good work man, Im just really sorry i didnt follow your bets sooner

pretty much this. there's no reason to cry about it. if you don't like the thread don't read it, if he doesn't post which selections lost it's not even misleading because he posts his profit regularly anyway. if he's making a loss it will be clear to see. jealous nerds are jealous

• Advertisement

Bayern v Stuttgart
    Under 6.5 Goals
    5/4

could of layed at 1.2 but didnt bother,really have to start laying,laying at 1.2 would of meant an even stake at 50,so would of been 50 profit..:o

could of layed at 1.2 but didnt bother,really have to start laying,laying at 1.2 would of meant an even stake at 50,so would of been 50 profit..:o
    **** just saw the last 5mins.
    guess cup ties are to be avoided :p
    terrible pitch might have influenced the scoring.
    heard the commentator say they let in 5 against bayern last time too!
    hope the darts goes well
    jive wrote: »
    pretty much this. there's no reason to cry about it. if you don't like the thread don't read it, if he doesn't post which selections lost it's not even misleading because he posts his profit regularly anyway. if he's making a loss it will be clear to see. jealous nerds are jealous
    well i love this thread.
    so can we not talk about the loses at all? i dont see why we can talk about the wins but not the loses?

yeah true and you can forgive someone for getting excited about winning and talking about that.

but i agree with people that coming on and jumping on the losses is unfair. maybe i was guilty of it a bit but i couldnt put up the wins as coughlan had already done it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Absolutely horrible standard of darts in that match.

no comment on that last game,that bates..:rolleyes:

Raymond van Barneveld v Steve HineTotal 180s

Over 4.5 @ 5/6
    Over 5.5 @ 6/4

no comment on that last game,that bates..:rolleyes:

Raymond van Barneveld v Steve HineTotal 180s

Over 4.5 @ 5/6
    Over 5.5 @ 6/4
    can i ask how you feel when you bet say something like the €250 you just placed?
    are you ****ting yourself like i would be?
    or at this stage is it not a big deal at all?
    would you be following the game intensely, check it now and then or just check after the result?
    is there now a big difference between when making bets this size now and say at the beginning of this thread?

• Advertisement

adamski8 wrote: »
    can i ask how you feel when you bet say something like the €250 you just placed?
    are you ****ting yourself like i would be?
    or at this stage is it not a big deal at all?
    would you be following the game intensely, check it now and then or just check after the result?
    is there now a big difference between when making bets this size now and say at the beginning of this thread?

my bet stake never changes in comparison to my bank,i know if these bets lose i roughly have another 2500 left,from a starting bank of just 250.the percentage is always the same,thats key.
    if i had a bank of 250 and placed these bets it prob would be 30 and 10 euro bets respectively.
    of course my bet stakes have changed since i started as i am now a lot better gambler,,, but no i still have the same respect for money as i did all those months,the only thing different is that i can handle the losses a lot better now as i know i can win it back the following day...

again was very unlucky with the over 4.5180s, .lots of 140s, too many in fact...:p
    will try again tomo..:)

taking this bet now as there is not many places going evens now and it is sure to shorten,no explanation needed really is there..;)

King George vi Chase Ante Post

Kauto Star @ Evens

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

taking this bet now as there is not many places going evens now and it is sure to shorten,no explanation needed really is there..;)

Kauto Star @ Evens

Serious stake...Can i ask whats your biggest bet?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Serious stake...Can i ask whats your biggest bet?

ahh there has been a few around this mark alri.(500)

theres been a few horses with a stake of 500.
    my fav was 400 on BUTE STREET @ 3/1,simply because i was with my friends for the race and told them about the tip,and of course i was langers..

also had 650 on sporting fingal v galway in a league game,got a tip from someone here that they had no keeper,of course when the bookies found out the price shortened..

had a 20 accumulator come off not so long ago returning over 7500 which of course is the highlight of them all..

A loss of around 400 today which by anyone standards isnt the best,ive now learned a lot about the darts and am going to wait for 2 high standard players where it is likely to go to a decider or even 3-1.

I would appreciate it if we cut out this bull**** talk that is coming from the "hater" and indeed me.its always been on my tread (which prob tells something about me) and am fairly sick of it...after each days racing or whatever i will post the b/l and my analysis of the bets both winners/losers...no more of these debates in between bets which i hate as it wastes a lot of my time responding too,,i wouldnt respond but then people would feel that i think they are right,(they are sometimes)..
    if this continues i will have to report it..:o
    and as i have said many times before these are NOT tips,and they are not from my friend which baz2009 thinks they are for some strange reason..
    il be starting again with a new bank soon enough depending on kauto stars result...

Balance=2604.41......................... Profit=2354.41

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

also had 650 on sporting fingal v galway in a league game,got a tip from someone here that they had no keeper,of course when the bookies found out the price shortened..

You owe me money from that still!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Kauto Star @ Evens

couldn't agree more coughlan
    reckon 4/6 on the day

i missed master minded recently at around the same price
    due to a session and sleeping out but i won't be missing this one.

An absolute steering job and a clear round will suffice,
    the likes of long run won't get within a fence of kauto and
    will be one of my biggest bets of the year and to me it's
    only a matter of jumping around to collect

i do too,ha,il give it to ya when i cash out this log,just give me a shout here again when i do..;)have you paypal ya,if you do il do it through that.

mailburner wrote: »
    couldn't agree more coughlan
    reckon 4/6 on the day

i missed master minded recently at around the same price
    due to a session and sleeping out but i won't be missing this one.

An absolute steering job and a clear round will suffice,
    the likes of long run won't get within a fence of kauto and
    will be one of my biggest bets of the year and to me it's
    only a matter of jumping around to collect

ya well at least 8/11.i just hope the racing goes ahead.
    ya i was on master minded that day,made around 600 profit.had him in a 200 single at evens a double of 100 that came in,another double with shostachovich(non runner) which turned into a single and another double and finally a treble that came in with him being one aswel..

roughly 650 riding on him...:D
    was in the bookies and the whole place was on him,****ing mental/****ting with 4 out,,,,but what a ride......best ive seen in a long time..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

ive now learned a lot about the darts and am going to wait for 2 high standard players where it is likely to go to a decider or even 3-1.

Dont blame the players, darts is easy money if you know what your doing. Also next round is first to 4 (thought id point it out before you use it as an excuse.)
    I would appreciate it if we cut out this bull**** talk that is coming from the "hater" and indeed me.

You do bring it on yourself, posting about 90 seconds before offs, although I'll give it to you; the ones you have given well in time have come up trumps (if only they all were like that!).

coughlan08 wrote:
    ,i wouldnt respond but then people would feel that i think they are right,(they are sometimes)..

Fair play to owning up to this. SERIOUSLY. ALot are out to get you, me included, but a certain degree of honesty goes a long way.
    coughlan08 wrote:
    if and as i have said many times before these are NOT tips,

This is the point that perplexes me, Why put yourself through the torture of posting your bets here, if they are not tips. You have said its nice if other people profit, yet i cant think the stress of getting them posted here in time is worth it.
    il be starting again with a new bank soon enough depending on kauto stars result...

Best of luck, I hope he wins it, from his POV, not yours :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Don't really fancy kauto, I have this niggling feeling he and mccoy won't suit and I think he will fall. Really hard horse to ride and I think mccoy might need a practice with him. Saying that if he jumps he wins, id advise people taking fallers insurance, I would guess thats around 4/6 now

all the questions you have asked heailo i have answered so i not getting into that now..

on a side not its official,kauto star is no longer evens anymore...:p
    best price 10/11 a lot go 4/5 and a small few 5/6..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Coughlan, did you ever consider setting up a 'log elsewhere?
    Like a website of your own?
    Would be easier for ya to post, and it might take off.
    Just an idea, instead of trawling through 110 pages that is! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Doocey wrote: »
    Coughlan, did you ever consider setting up a 'log elsewhere?
    Like a website of your own?
    Would be easier for ya to post, and it might take off.
    Just an idea, instead of trawling through 110 pages that is! :D

Go to your 'User Cp' when you log into boards. Go to options and change the post count to 50 per page, now only 40 pages long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Coughlan don't take this up the wrong way,you know I'm a genuine poster and not a hater but a few points there just got me thinking.
    Referring to these 'teenagers'. If you're referring to them in a condescending way as you are,it's rather hypocritical,being 19.
    What business do you have? Wasn't aware you had one.
    About you not chasing your losses,I saw a few times that if you had large bets and they lost and you still had a horse at say,evens,you might double up on that one.
    Just observations,I'm not here to wish bad luck,wouldn't do that to any bettor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

It was actually me who gave him the tip ;)

King George is odds on to be called off on Stephens day now, but will be on the Monday more than likely, good luck with Kauto, he should breeze home.

Kod-box wrote: »
    It was actually me who gave him the tip ;)

My bad, presumed it was me since it was to do with the LoI.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

chancer :pac:

I remember it well myself as i had a lump on it aswell at the time.

• Advertisement

Kod-box wrote: »
    chancer :pac:

I remember it well myself as i had a lump on it aswell at the time.

Well you'll be glad to know Galways first-team keeper signed for Limerick and their reserve one went to some Conference team in England.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement