Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coughlan's All-Sports Bets

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Kod-box wrote: »
    Damnnn hit with a double blow of hangers-on, ouchhhh.

My "downward spiralling thread" is just that, mine, ye lads make me laugh sometimes, im happy to be in profit tonight because i myself picked every bet out on my own opinion.

As i have said already i thought the discussion was welcome in here, but since its not well then i wont be posting my opinion anymore.

but rather than read Coughlins "opinion" on games just go here and see where he copy and pastes them from ;)

http://www.online-betting-guide.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=758354

great site that,have used it many a time for a second opinion,is there some rule against that,i suppose u never get a second opinion as your so great..a copied reasoning is better than none at all.:rolleyes:.
    ive only used that for reasoning on us sports anyway,

kodbox,,u are still referring my log to a tips center and think its appropriate to only post my own opinion,its a ****ing log,if i chose to add reasoning, it is only an added bonus as i have time on my hands..

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TheHopeful

Im sure most of us following, and making a nice few € out of this thread, are doing so based on overall performance and roi rather than what Coughlan says to back up his picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

coughlan08 wrote: »
    great site that,have used it many a time for a second opinion,is there some rule against that,i suppose u never get a second opinion as your so great..a copied reasoning is better than none at all.:rolleyes:.
    ive only used that for reasoning on us sports anyway,

kodbox,,u are still referring my log to a tips center and think its appropriate to only post my own opinion,its a ****ing log,if i chose to add reasoning, it is only an added bonus as i have time on my hands..

you blatantly stole the reasoning for why you backed Dallas against Magic the last day off that site, word for word copy and pasted it ffs, the only reason i even bothered checking was that the wording was far too articulate to be you and a quick google of one sentence of what "you" wrote brought me to that topic :pac:

I never once referred to this place as a tips centre, what are you on about?

This is off the point though, i dont see why you dont like discussing your bets, maybe us losers could learn a thing or two :pac:

im not getting into all this **** again as its leading know were,
    id appreciate it if you dont discuss my bets again kodbox,both winners and losers,i really dont see the need for you to do so anyway,i never really comment on your page or about any of your bets so visa versa would be nice for a change..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

id appreciate it if you dont discuss my bets again kodbox,both winners and losers,

why would that be?

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Kod-box wrote: »
    why would that be?

:rolleyes:

lad just relax no1 cares. he usually posts no reasoning and it's enough for people to follow him. if he posts reasoning copy pasted from somewhere else as long as its valid why would it bother you? reasoning is basically just an opinion accumulated from reading papers / sites anyway. as long as the information passed down from the other lad was correct then i'm sure nobody cares if coughlan copied it.

dunno why everyone has such a gripe with coughlan. the only problem anyone should have with this log is that often his selections are just minutes before the off of a race with no heads up. but it's his log, he's obviously not holding his selections back purposely, he goes through the bother of putting each selection up here and if you're eager enough to follow you'd get on;

so basically just enjoy the selections and try form a successful log of your own for spastics like myself to follow blindly ;D

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Lads, I've deleted a few posts here and there where people are getting bang out of order. Any more like them and there'll be infractions/bans handed out.

Coughlan, another post like the one telling people to "keep their fingers out of the log" and to cut "the bullsh*t talk" will result in a ban. You post your bets here and they're open to discussion, that's it. By discussion, I mean proper discussion. Any replies out of order can be reported and they'll be dealt with, you don't have to go off on an insulting rant to try and sort it out. Also calling people "thick" etc isn't on, don't do that again.

Kod, quit with the insults. Calling people "simpletons" and so on is against the charter. I'm in a festive mood so I've just deleted the few comments where all of you guys are trigger happy.

I'm getting PM's and reported posts left, right and center about this thread. If you can't all act decently then don't post here, simple as that. This is Coughlans log and he can post his bets here when he wants.

However, Coughlan, if you want to "steal" someones reasoning, then don't. That's not what we're about here and it's not welcomed. Write your own reasoning if you want or write none at all.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Ok up until now I said I stay out of this thread but I now I feel compelled to comment (constructively that is).

I, like many other posters here at the Gambling forum enjoy reading your log. However, I think there are a few inconsistencies that are frustrating at a lot of the readers (including myself). If these inconsistencies could be sorted out or just worked on, I'm sure they're would be a lot less negativity around the thread.

(1) If your calling it a log to simply record your bets, then why do you post won after your successful bets along with comments like "this is too easy". Whose benefit is this for? If it's just a record of your bets, you should just include your reasoning (more for your own sake), stake, odds, and overall profit/loss.

(2) Everyone likes to highlight their success but some respect has to be given to the losers as well; Example: you lost €540 on the Lakers/Heat game last night which wasn't highlighted, but when your €80 bet on Magic(-2) came in, it was highlighted soon after. Whether you like it or not, when running a log, you have a responsibility to the reader to provide the full story. Skimming through the thread all a person can see is the "Won" in bold which is deceiving.

(3) Finally, you should welcome discussion. As a sports fan, i'd love if someone came on the GAA thread and wrote their thoughts on games, whether they agree with me or not. It's always beneficial to get more insight into games and obtain different perspectives. Lately it seems on this log that positive discussion and compliments are welcomed but as soon as anything negative is mentioned, they're attacked.

I'd like to think that I am a neutral in this "us vs. them" type argument. I'm not against you. We all like to see people win and win consistently, which you seem to be doing but this log is going to cause more hassle to you than it's worth if some of the above issues aren't looked at.

ya alright sir vival,great post and something i will certainly be looking at in the future to overall improve the log.
    thanks for the first constructive criticism,as it will now be dealt with accordingly.

it was some day for the favorites today at southwell,due to being out late last night i missed all the cards and had no selections.
    of course shostakovich wins in the first at a massive 6/1.....im so pissed off over that its not even funny.i had 100 on the last time he was going to race but he was a non runner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 evskal

Good man coughlan, looking forward to following your selections on here. Congrats on the remarkable ROI so far. any thoughts on the final race at southwell?

• Advertisement

evskal wrote: »
    Good man coughlan, looking forward to following your selections on here. Congrats on the remarkable ROI so far. any thoughts on the final race at southwell?

thanks,
    Minortransgress looks not the hardest to oppose as he hasn't won yet....
    close second last time out and could go one better.
    but the one catching my eye is El Dececy just because its good value at 7/1.no bet though too hungover,must eat something proper.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 evskal

thanks,
    Minortransgress looks not the hardest to oppose as he hasn't won yet....
    close second last time out and could go one better.
    but the one catching my eye is El Dececy just because its good value at 7/1.no bet though too hungover,must eat something proper.:p

Great call, el dececy opened up a decent gap and ran on well to win,

havent loged my bets the last few days due to it being christmas and have been spending most of my time down in the local, and my phone lost(but now found).only had 4 bets in total but were fairly large stakes.them being Insolenceofoffice,Franco Is My Name,Hurricane Fly,Ethics Girl,was delighted with the 8/1 price on ethics girl,had backed here before and said that she would win prob next time at a bigger price and she did..

these are on the cards for tomo anyway.

Espy 11/1
    R Fitzpatrick
    12 on win 40 on place at 7/2

Leyte Gulf 9/1
    Adam Kirby

Mikael Dhaguenet 4/6
    Paul Townend

Steps
    Jack Mitchell
    no bet yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Good to have you back Coughlan. Waiting on some money to come through to put it into my account. Opened a betfair account so think thats gonna be my main bookie now. Hopefully have the money in to get on your tips for tomorrow. Miss having a few bets on, especially over the holidays when there's little to be at. Hope ya had a good xmas Coughlan.

this is prob the first time sleeping in has saved me a big time.usually i miss out on winners but today it has gone the opposite.missed out on backing my nap, steps who went off at 9/4 sec fav to lose by a head..:p
    was going to wait for a better price on MD,it prob never came so might not of backed it regardless of getting up.the other 2 horses were all ready backed last night.
    espy was very poor,dont no what was wrong.i think i might have to leave her go..:o

Leyte Gulf ran well throughout only to fade in the end.

Fascination 9/4
    George Baker

lalika is my main worry though,poor run last time out but that forgiven it has a big chance too.

fascination was a massive disappointment,dont no what was wrong,backed into 7/4 and all,not to be.cant wait for the darts now tonight though.

small quick bet,the fav chilli green will prob romp home but i like the look of

Mister Laurel 10/1
    Jack Mitchell

no good again,surprise win.

these are tonne 80 machines.;)

in play
    Simon Whitlock v Vincent van der Voort
    total 180s over 9.5 @ 4/6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

How did you get 4/6 in play for over 9.5 180's
    when the first 3 darts of the match was a 180 and it was odds on on betfair before the off.

The bookies were going over 10.5 before the start and bookies changed the market to over 11.5 in play.

lm on over 10.5 from before the start thats how l was watching the market.

• Advertisement

im not betting with the bookies,im on betfair,and betfair were not doing odds on mate.they were 2.38 after the first set aswel and was going to go in again,
    doesnt matter now as there has just been 4 180s in the last 3 mins,,;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Im not gona get into an argument with you but after the 1st 180 it was odds of around 1.55 but not 100& sure of the figure.

at this moment in time this is the amount matched at around 4/6

looks like you managed to get nearly all of it for yourself yourself.
    1.60 €30
    1.62 €81
    1.64 €129
    1.65 €152
    1.67 €49
    1.70 €14

no good again,surprise win.

these are tonne 80 machines.;)

in play
    Simon Whitlock v Vincent van der Voort
    total 180s over 9.5 @ 4/6

WON
    I think there was around 13 180s in that match.
    robbie1977 wrote: »
    Im not gona get into an argument with you but after the 1st 180 it was odds of around 1.55 but not 100& sure of the figure.

at this moment in time this is the amount matched at around 4/6

looks like you managed to get nearly all of it for yourself yourself.
    1.60 €30
    1.62 €81
    1.64 €129
    1.65 €152
    1.67 €49
    1.70 €14

then dont...:rolleyes:..whats the point????
    theres no need for it in my log,i thought pyro made that very clear,along with myself..you other believe me or not...
    and no i didnt get nearly the whole market,it was around 25%,it ranged form 1.5 to 1.95 actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

WON
    I think there was around 13 180s in that match.

then dont...:rolleyes:..whats the point????
    theres no need for it in my log,i thought pyro made that very clear,along with myself..you other believe me or not...
    and no i didnt get nearly the whole market,it was around 25%,it ranged form 1.5 to 1.95 actually.

He's just asking you to clear something up, no need to be so defensive all the time!

L'prof wrote: »
    He's just asking you to clear something up, no need to be so defensive all the time!

but there should be no need to,ive been here long enough,if im not trusted at this point then dont follow the tread and ignore it completely.

Van Barneveld v Osborne - Total 180s
    under 10.5 @ 2.1

i can see barney winning 4-0 here so hence less games, was just waiting for a 180 to go in on the unders..

barney isnt on form and there could be an upset,the way things are going anway....

barney cant buy himself a double the pity and is putting my bet under pressure.both arent scoring high at the minute though.

Van Barneveld v Osborne - Total 180s
    under 10.5 @ 2.1

i can see barney winning 4-0 here so hence less games, was just waiting for a 180 to go in on the unders..

didnt expect barney to be that bad at the start and it was only in the final set where he showed his scoring power...4-3

this will go all the way or very close imo.so there will be a lot of legs.
    waited for better value.

Suljovic v Newton - Total 180s
    over 9.5 @ 2.38

couldnt of predicted that any more wrong,4-0,suljovic was an absolute disgrace,couldn't find a bull at a cattle mart..

• Advertisement

NY Knicks +17.5
    20/23

too good of a spread and hopefully magic will ease a small bit knowing they have the game won,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement