Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coughlan's All-Sports Bets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

coughlan08 wrote: »
    its worth 7500 because its not only the ticket,its accomadation,food,drink the whole package;)

If thats so then its 7500 us dollars not euro..

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

telling lies no my friend..i have the ticket to prove it..:D

this is my poker withdraws for march.only started playing on bet365 at the end of march.up to that i was playing on bwin.

Transactions (EUR)
    Date/Time Reference Description Payment Method Dedns Addns
    22/03/2010 21:13:03 W11523704DC Withdrawal Debit Card ****9499 560.00 0.00
    25/03/2010 02:31:31 W11552044DC Withdrawal Debit Card ****9499 900.00 0.00
    25/03/2010 18:16:47 W11558991DC Withdrawal Debit Card ****9499 100.00 0.00
    Total 1,560.00 0.00

Oh i see well here's mine.

Transactions (EUR)
    21/03/2010 21:56:03 W11511704DC Withdrawal Debit Card ****9010 5660.0
    22/03/2010 15:06:31 W11553944DC Withdrawal Debit Card ****9010 9,000.00
    23/03/2010 13:18:26 W11557991DC Withdrawal Debit Card ****9010 15,050.00
    Total 29,710.00 0.00

Wow MAGIC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

x PyRo wrote: »
    Oh i see well here's mine.

Transactions (EUR)
    21/03/2010 21:56:03 W11511704DC Withdrawal Debit Card ****9010 5660.0
    22/03/2010 15:06:31 W11553944DC Withdrawal Debit Card ****9010 9,000.00
    23/03/2010 13:18:26 W11557991DC Withdrawal Debit Card ****9010 15,050.00
    Total 29,710.00 0.00

Wow MAGIC!

your point= you dont believe me.
    my point= couldnt give a crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Wow just found this thread, pretty funny...

In fairness there's a lot in this thread that makes it difficult to believe you're in any kind of gambling profit. Firstly I can't believe that anyone with such a reckless gambling streak, chasing losses with Corner bets in South America in which you have zero edge on the bookies could ever be a successful poker player. Who knows maybe you're running well, but from what I can tell you don't have the correct mentality to be successful in poker in the long run. Pure gamblers will eventually go broke.

Also how are you explaining the Irish Open gaff? Surely this is a blatant lie which has been caught out, is there any way you can explain it?

If you genuinely are in profit, then good luck to you but I would say watch you don't blow it. And if you are in fact in loss and can't afford to lose these sums then I would echo the other posters who say slow down!

Morzadec wrote: »
    Wow just found this thread, pretty funny...

In fairness there's a lot in this thread that makes it difficult to believe you're in any kind of gambling profit. Firstly I can't believe that anyone with such a reckless gambling streak, chasing losses with Corner bets in South America in which you have zero edge on the bookies could ever be a successful poker player. Who knows maybe you're running well, but from what I can tell you don't have the correct mentality to be successful in poker in the long run. Pure gamblers will eventually go broke.

Also how are you explaining the Irish Open gaff? Surely this is a blatant lie which has been caught out, is there any way you can explain it?

If you genuinely are in profit, then good luck to you but I would say watch you don't blow it. And if you are in fact in loss and can't afford to lose these sums then I would echo the other posters who say slow down!

thanks for your point of view,i have the ticket to prove it..
    glad you think its funny,,in a way i think the same,,
    people trying to catch me out about invalid profit,
    to those kind of people, i just give them the two fingers and walk the other way,,,there no good to no one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

thanks for your point of view,i have the ticket to prove it..
    glad you think its funny,,in a way i think the same,,
    people trying to catch me out about invalid profit,
    to those kind of people, i just give them the two fingers and walk the other way,,,there no good to no one.

But I just struggle to see how you can have qualified for the Irish Open when it has just finished? Unless it's the 2011 Irish Open?

Morzadec wrote: »
    But I just struggle to see how you can have qualified for the Irish Open when it has just finished? Unless it's the 2011 Irish Open?
    yes of course,the 2010 IO has already been on..

anyway back to betting shall we.:)

€100 double

liverpool v west ham
    liverpool @4-11

mallorca v osasuna
    mallorca @4-7

returns €214

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

yes of course,the 2010 IO has already been on..

What site did you win this ticket on??

diamondbet.

how did you get on in the irish open.
    is it worth the money.
    il be happy with the 7500 id say

• Advertisement

http://www.diamondbet.com/poker/promotions/14/irish-open/

It's finished as you'll notice when you click the link.

They've no other promotion for the 2011 IO as Sats for the IO won't start for a good while yet so i can't understand how you've got a ticket for it already ?. Plus they're not worth €7,500 they're worth €6,500.

I'm posting more often in this thread than i want to be but there's no point in lying about something you don't have. If you're making money on poker then fair play, if you make money on this thread then fair play to you. I want you to succeed and do well. Just relax with your bets a bit and you will. Do singles more often when you're playing with such high stakes for a student. If you had a steady income then you could stick it on 10 teams if you want but you're a student! Poker won't give you a steady income either as you'll have bad runs alot of the time, i know as i've had lots of them. You lost €400 or so today then went chasing losses with bigger bets, DO NOT do this or you'll blow whatever money you do have. I've done it before and learnt from my mistakes. I hope you do well and make money, and i wouldn't be so critical if you weren't posting so many crazy bets, crazy claims to being loaded, having an IO ticket for a tournament that doesn't kick off for another year etc etc. Relax, take it easy do more singles with them stakes, put €20 or so on your doubles, trebles, accumulators and have less risk involved. If you keep putting €200 on doubles etc you'll be broke in no time.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

I echo x pyro's comments above, if i were you too id look into getting involved with the laying side of things on betfair, that way you can learn how to trade off when your in for a big win to ensure you dont lose the the whole lot on one freakish comeback i.e. wigan yesterday

i respect all the comments ye have said,but will stick with what i know..
    i do have a ticket for the tournament and am willing to post it here but ye like x pyro will just mock it in some way like ye did when i posted my march poker winnings of 1560..

as ive said before i will continue to place my bets here,and whether im in profit or a loss it wont bother me that much.

thanks again for all positive and worth reading comments posted in this tread.
    coughlan:)

I won't mock it, I just haven't heard of any Sats being on for the IO even within the next 6 months to be honest.

Don't bother posting it, doesn't really matter weather i, or anyone else believes you.

Best of luck Coughlan.

anyway back to betting shall we.:)

€100 double

liverpool v west ham
    liverpool @4-11 win score 3-0

mallorca v osasuna
    mallorca @4-7 win score 2-0

returns €214
    :D

returns 214
    114+56,

profit=€170

one of the biggest wins ,odds 18.9 to 1
    Selection
    Selection Details

Result
    Football Matches
    Premier League Matches
    Everton v Fulham
    25th of Apr 2010 3:00 pm
    Handicap Betting
    Handicap Draw (-1.0) @ 12/5

Win

Selection
    Selection Details
    Result
    Football Matches
    Premier League Matches
    Burnley v Liverpool
    25th of Apr 2010 3:00 pm
    Handicap Betting
    Liverpool (-1.0) @ 6/4

Win

Selection
    Selection Details
    Result
    Football Matches
    Premier League Matches
    Chelsea v Stoke
    25th of Apr 2010 4:00 pm
    Handicap Betting
    Chelsea (-2.0) @ 6/5

Pending

Stake and Return Details

Bet placed at
    25th of Apr 2010 1:51 pm
    Total Stake
    €37.00
    Bet type
    Treble (To Win)
    Tax@Tax free
    Number of lines
    Total stake due
    €37.00
    Stake per line
    €37.00
    Freebets Redeemed
    €0.00
    Channel
    Internet
    Total amount paid
    €37.00
    Number of win lines
    -

Potential Returns
    €692.00

i know its after posting but this was my only chance of getting on..
    :D:D

profit 170 - 37 + 692 = 825

Profit = €825

Surely if you're aftertiming it shouldn't be counted towards your records ?

Surely if you're aftertiming it shouldn't be counted towards your records ?

why??
    its still money that i have won since starting the tread.

anyway this tread is just for all my bets/selections,,so to me it doesnt matter whether they were posted before or after..get me..:)

why??
    its still money that i have won since starting the tread.

anyway this tread is just for all my bets/selections,,so to me it doesnt matter whether they were posted before or after..get me..:)

It doesn't matter, you're aftertiming simple as that. It's not a correct log. I could claim i won 10,000 points in my thread if i wanted. It shouldn't be counted towards the record if you want it honest. People will never, ever follow your bets the way you go on at it. Especially with Aftertiming. The ultimate no-no on a gambling forum.

• Advertisement

It doesn't matter, you're aftertiming simple as that. It's not a correct log. I could claim i won 10,000 points in my thread if i wanted. It shouldn't be counted towards the record if you want it honest. People will never, ever follow your bets the way you go on at it. Especially with Aftertiming. The ultimate no-no on a gambling forum.

this tread is of no benefit to you then,
    it doesnt matter if people dont follow my bets,thats not the aim of my tread..

its just to keep a record,,

this tread is of no benefit to you then,
    it doesnt matter if people dont follow my bets,thats not the aim of my tread..

its just to keep a record,,

Well you're not keeping a record, you're not stating all your bets and adding only winners. Most of your wins come via aftertiming also.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Exactly, what's the point in doing a thread but aftertiming in it, may aswell just do an excel docement on you computer as that's about how useful it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

if u want to keep a track and not for a challenge do it in microsoft word and save it there...
    much easier for u and no one will accuse u of cheating:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

colly54 wrote: »
    much easier for u and no one will accuse u of cheating:D

€100

profit 170 - 37 + 692 = 825

Profit = €825

so are you telling us that was the only bet you placed in the last week since you got to €170 profit?? somehow i find that hard to believe with the way you gamble:rolleyes:

and just for future reference, this is from the forum charter

•The third rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fourth rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fifth rule of the gambling forum…. You get the idea. Afterposting is coming on here telling everybody about how much you won off a 12 fold accumulator. Unless you posted it on the forum beforehand, no-one cares. It’s very frowned upon around these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

dotsflan wrote: »
    so are you telling us that was the only bet you placed in the last week since you got to €170 profit?? somehow i find that hard to believe with the way you gamble:rolleyes:

Plus, you're including your stakes in your profit. Hence meaning you're overestimating your profit.

Doocey wrote: »
    Plus, you're including your stakes in your profit. Hence meaning you're overestimating your profit.

And he's bad at Math!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

That said, and the fact he didn't document it in the log, in fairness it was an excellent bet and indeed winnings.
    However, if it lost, I'd expect that he wouldn't have logged it..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement