Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New 2010 32'' Sony @ Komplett.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

[QUOTE=Dr. Nick; freeview HD, which is mostly pointless here - it is good stuff, if no extra money for it , 2 HD channels plus about 40 SD channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

How many people can receive UK freeview here though? Wexford maybe? No HD in the UK yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    How many people can receive UK freeview here though? Wexford maybe? No HD in the UK yet.

sorry , i mixing up with freesat HD, my bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Thats an alright price considering its a new model, but its not a bargain. Prices of non led sets would want to be coming down a bit now that led is after establishing itself in the market.

http://www.directtvs.co.uk/Samsung_LE32B651_1080p_LCD_TV_LE32B651/version.asp

This may be from a dodgy retailer(who knows, they might have improved their awful customer service) but at just over 500€ delivered, its much more of a bargain. As good a set if not better than the sony IMHO

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Thats an alright price considering its a new model, but its not a bargain. Prices of non led sets would want to be coming down a bit now that led is after establishing itself in the market.

http://www.directtvs.co.uk/Samsung_LE32B651_1080p_LCD_TV_LE32B651/version.asp

This may be from a dodgy retailer(who knows, they might have improved their awful customer service) but at just over 500€ delivered, its much more of a bargain. As good a set if not better than the sony IMHO

I'm typing on an Acer laptop bought from directlaptops.co.uk so no problem with them.

Samsung looks good, but we're not comparing like with like so therefore Sony remains a bargain compared to what's available - like for like. No MPEG-4 HD tuner on the Samsung as far as I can see?

• Advertisement

I'm typing on an Acer laptop bought from directlaptops.co.uk so no problem with them.

Samsung looks good, but we're not comparing like with like so therefore Sony remains a bargain compared to what's available - like for like. No MPEG-4 HD tuner on the Samsung as far as I can see?

It definitely has an mpeg4 tuner, without doubt, all 2009 samsung tv's have mpeg4.

True the sony is a year newer but the series 6 samsung is a brilliant telly and i'd say i'd still nearly take the samsung over the sony even if they were the same price

BTW, ironically, i'm typing this on an acer laptop that i bought from them but had a load of issues when ordering :D

Zonda999 wrote: »
    It definitely has an mpeg4 tuner, without doubt, all 2009 samsung tv's have mpeg4.

But is there a difference between an Mpeg4 tuner and an HD Mpeg4 tuner?
    Not sure myself...

But is there a difference between an Mpeg4 tuner and an HD Mpeg4 tuner?
    Not sure myself...

Well, there is no difference between the tuner in that particular sony on komplett and the 32B650, they are both HD MPEG4 tuners

However, as you say in the OP, the UK version of the sony has a Freeview HD tuner which is different again, but can still pick up mpeg4,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Dr. Nick wrote:
    freeview HD, which is mostly pointless here - it is good stuff, if no extra money for it , 2 HD channels plus about 40 SD channels

Picking up 40+ DTT Channels here in Dundalk - VERY USEFUL :D

Note that if the DTT Tuner does Mpeg4 you can also get the 5 RTE Channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Louth Area, Dundalk anyways but not everywhere either.

• Advertisement

ZeRoY wrote: »
    Louth Area, Dundalk anyways but not everywhere either.

From NI? Didn't think they had freeview yet. interesting.

Collected today from Ballycoolin (they've moved from Swords) - beware they only open @ 11am, but close @ 7pm.
    €600 for this TV collected is EASILY the value in Europe......can anyone find this excellent TV cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭concubar

Sony Bravia 32" LCD-TV KDL-32EX500

82cm, Full HD, 100Hz, DVB-T/C, MPEG-4, CI+, DLNA

579849.jpg

Price and availability

€ 577.00(€ 569.00 + € 8.00 PRF*) Availability: stocked.gif22 stocked.

Great - where? Delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭concubar

sorry , updated cheaper price at origonal source

concubar wrote: »
    sorry , updated cheaper price at origonal source

good stuff, another €23 cheaper! - ah well...... even a better bargain for all.

Sony shop in Blanch quoted €799 today - unknown delivery date. What planet do these people exist on?

I find it amazing how many of these stores are still in business., same story of Harvey Normans, was in there today and some of their prices on tvs is absolutely ludicrous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

+1 on that, I can only assume it's people buying on finance deals thats keeping them open.

Advertisement