Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer dealers co wexford

• 21-03-2010 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

hi folks,im looking for recomendations on computer dealers in co wexford, laptop or desktop,(ive not decided yet) i only want dealers that you can recomend please.
    im living in the uk,but will be visiting in june, and i need to buy a p/c for a friend,who dosent know a lot about computers,(i dont need advice on what to buy) just your recomendations please on dealers, many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

There aren't any main computer dealers in Wexford town as far as I am aware. Joyces and DID have some laptops, but no desktops. I like Joyces the best, but they have a limited selection.

Everyone I know with a desktop ordered it online from Dell.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭boscoroxx

PC World on the Cork Rd, Waterford is probably the nearest major dealer.
    Limited selection in PC Bitz, a computer shop located in Old Dunnes Carpark in Enniscorthy, beside the Garda station.

dell.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭acein1

thank you all for your help, looks like its got to be "dell" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Speaking merely form anecdotal experience, anyone that has bought from Dell has either had a fantastic experience or a horrific one. If things go wrong, they go horribly wrong. My sister bought a number of desktops on behalf of her employer and getting work done under warranty was a nightmare. My own employer has bought several Dell and never a bother.

You wont get any great in house back-up with any of the retailers but DID might be worth a look. Was going to buy a netbook from them at Christmas but Power City had a 10% on-line discount at the time(no complaints there so far, fiver for delivery at the time)

You might also consider BMS.ie, they're in Dublin but will deliver and do a collect and return jobby on Toshiba (I believe they do Toshiba repairs themselves) They run some good offers and might haggle a little.

Finally, you might consider posting on the techie forum for a more knowledgeable recommendation.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=907

• Advertisement

wexfjord, thans for that info:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

www.overclockers.co.uk are who i use. A lot cheaper and you get more bang for your buck so to speak. Anything you get is normally delivered in 3-5 days. Kicks the arse outta dell.ie anyway.

gaunty thanks, but i dont want to buy the computer in the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tomi21fl

acein1 wrote: »
    gaunty thanks, but i dont want to buy the computer in the uk

Can you tell us why you don't want to buy in uk? from what i know pc and laptops are much cheaper.

Dell its ok i had one over 3 years never any problems worked fine.

Anyway pixmania.co very good deals over there deliver to uk ireland and anywhere in europe.

pc or laptop it is depend what your friend is going to use it for if games and graphics than pc and if he travels a lot than laptop.

hi, im just advising this friend on what to buy,as he lives in ireland,i thought it would be best to buy local,(i know that i could buy a system in the uk cheaper and more options),but as i dont visit ireland to often, ??? i wonder what he dose if problems arrise (as the do) and him being a "novise" ?? where is that going to leave me or him when it comes to help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 tomi21fl

acein1 wrote: »
    hi, im just advising this friend on what to buy,as he lives in ireland,i thought it would be best to buy local,(i know that i could buy a system in the uk cheaper and more options),but as i dont visit ireland to often, ??? i wonder what he dose if problems arrise (as the do) and him being a "novise" ?? where is that going to leave me or him when it comes to help
    From what I know if you buy dell in uk (its cheaper) and u cen get international warranty.With PC World and Currys warranty covers uk and ireland. Same with pixmania.ie or co.uk

tomi21fl,thanks for that ,i dident know that was the case,will look into it thanks again;)

Advertisement