Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making new friends in Dublin.

Options
  • 21-03-2010 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,
    I have lived in Dublin all my life but would like to start to meet or make new friends. Not a huge drinker so not into clubbing and such - love music, movies,walking and am looking for girls or guys around my age 35 too hang out with,
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Hiya,

Just a few options below:
    http://www.networkclub.ie/ - (think you have to pay a subscription for this one)
    http://meetup.newandnotsonewindublin.com/

It can be hard to meet new friends at any stage, but at least with the above you can meet the same faces at these outings and build friendships from this.

Am a member of the second one, but haven't been on any "outings". think its just nerves!!

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 25 irishdub74

Thanks for the info Cute_Cow i appericate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

In my 30s, recently moved back to Dublin and +100 on meetup.com...I've met lots of cool folks already, and there are a wide variety of activities and groups. Cute_Cow, don't be nervous about going; everyone is super-friendly!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

irishdub74 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have lived in Dublin all my life but would like to start to meet or make new friends. Not a huge drinker so not into clubbing and such - love music, movies,walking and am looking for girls or guys around my age 35 too hang out with,
    thanks.

Back in Dublin myself for the last 2 months. Luckily thanks to getting a job, but lacking friends and people I know here especially during the week. 31 myself, so i dunno hard to find other single free ppl like me it seems!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 irishdub74

Yeah i understand what you mean Steve, it's not always easy to walk into a pub or club by yourself when your shy it doesn't help matters.
    You get tired off going online and doing all the same old stuff so am not sure what the answer is unfortunley..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

I know this thread is three months old but it seems to me a similar issue keeps floating around. I was wondering if people would be interested in a "Pub Chats" thread/group? My problem with the Boards Beers is that I have an aversion to going somewhere like DTwo and maybe smaller groups would be less intimidating for newbies. Maybe they could be loosely themed around age-group/interests? For example, I'm in my late twenties and would love to meet people of either gender with an interest in "indie" music, books or films. If anyone's been similarly struck, do post..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

Check out Toastmasters ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ciaracrossen

Hiya,\
    I am where you were - came across your post .. I am the same age as you don't go clubbing/ drinking etc and want to meet new people and widen the circle of friends... how did you get on ? did you try any or the meetup.com groups - there are so many there - am nervou just turning up at an event...
    any advice?!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

Know Im a few months late on this thread, but any advice?

I'm looking to do the same myself! Most of my friends are in long term relationships and have hence disappeared!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭Esel

See the second link in post 2 above.

Also this new thread.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭Esel

2nd link in Post #2 above has some weird redirect going on.

This one works http://newandnotsonewindublin.com/

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

There's also the Lunch Club - for lunchtime meets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

Might as well give another plug for Toastmasters.

meet new people and learn some new skills in the process.

2010/11 is going to be a big one for Toastmasters in dublin.

the international conference for Toastmasters in Ireland and the UK takes place in Dublin in November

see www.toastmasters.ie/otherclubs for details on the Dublin club ( and other clubs in the Dublin area )

there are nearly 20 clubs in the Dublin area including

www.clontarfmarino.com
    www.voxpopulidublin.com
    www.malahidetoastmasters.com
    www.swordstoastmasters.com
    www.hellfire.ie

all clubs have just started up for the new season after the summer break.

I'd recommend anyone to come along and check out a meeting.. its definitely a good way of meeting people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AirHairLair

I am new to Dublin (Female - 30s, all my own teeth) - looking to meet new people also...

AirHairLair and any others..

Wont dont we just meet for a pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

cojack101 wrote: »
    AirHairLair and any others..

Wont dont we just meet for a pint!

its done in other cities. why not dublin?

Ya I am on for that...pretty difficult trying to meet new people with work and everything

thats a good idea alright!

I am new to Dublin (Female - 30s, all my own teeth) - looking to meet new people also...

also new to Dublin and due to work, little oppurtunity to meet new people. a city centre pub to hook up would be great. the more the merrier.

Friday 26th?

Porterhouse on the end of Grafton St?

• Advertisement

Friday 26th?

i could do that. the bigger the number the better.

Friday 26th?

Oh cool, thats pay day. Cud possible do that alright!

Right we'll I'm getting off this sinking ship of a country and going to Spain for a week, so I wont be online until next Tuesday, but I'm 100% in for a pint.

PAYDAY? First round is on you so!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

Oh I would be interested. I have just moved back from Galway where the have a very active boards beers which is always good craic. I am in a similar boat, all my friends have either moved away or happily settled with partners.

Thats 4 of us already so!

PAYDAY? First round is on you so!! ;)

feck. i knew i shouldn't have mentioned it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭alibaba12

hi all, Im also looking to make friends, female early 30's but wont be around on the 26th (off to manchester to see by bro) but if you get on well and are meeting up again Id be up for it, if you could pm me. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Hey folks, im pretty much in the same situation of looking to meet new ppl, casual meet ups or whatever, late 20's, let me know what youz think, cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

can anyone come?

• Advertisement

when is the meet-up planned?

Advertisement