Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making new friends in Dublin.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

cojack101 wrote: »
    Too disorganised guys.. I can see myself standing on my own for 30 mins then going home.

Arrange another one sure.

brilliant. it was announced two weeks ago and now it looks as if no one is going to show. i will go to the pub down the road instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

I know.. I was the one that announced it. Lots of interest, no one will commit

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭booksale

what about posting the events here?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=153

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

That events forum is very quiet though....sorry to hear that this didn't work out, sometimes things fall apart but I'm sure it'd be successful if you wanted to try again. I would love to make a Beers at some stage so I'll keep my eye on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,316 ✭✭✭✭Esel

booksale wrote: »
    I've seen a few dead forums, but . . . .

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AirHairLair

Did no-one go on Friday then??????

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dublinexplorer

Hey guys i have read through your thread and am hoping the night was a sucess, will there be another time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AirHairLair

I don't think the last night went ahead? I would be up for the next though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 topman84

irishdub74 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have lived in Dublin all my life but would like to start to meet or make new friends. Not a huge drinker so not into clubbing and such - love music, movies,walking and am looking for girls or guys around my age 35 too hang out with,
    thanks.

where were u living?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 vannie

Hey, I'm in the same boat and would be up for meeting up if there's another night planned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 topman84

ill meet u vannie where u from

Vannie, top man, Saturday the 12th? - Airhairlair you coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

I'd be up for something like this too, but would prefer a weeknight or maybe a Friday. Be great to meet people who need a few friends here too.

Alright - we do it on Friday the 11th then?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

cojack101 wrote: »
    Alright - we do it on Friday the 11th then?

Hey guys unless u are all PMing, I'm guessing this is not happening huh?

Millieboo wrote: »
    Hey guys unless u are all PMing, I'm guessing this is not happening huh?

Sorry Millie, All talk no action.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Hey Millie, I'm almost certain there are Boards Beers scheduled in Dublin very soon .. I'm sure I saw something on After Hours about it - have a look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nutonwheels

What is Boards Beers and After Hours? I stay in Ballsbridge and I'd be keen to meet up for a beer and some craic but could only do it Tue - Thurs - anybody up for it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,316 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭zephyro

Any interest in meeting for a drink next Saturday March 12th?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 quietman25

I know this thread is three months old but it seems to me a similar issue keeps floating around. I was wondering if people would be interested in a "Pub Chats" thread/group? My problem with the Boards Beers is that I have an aversion to going somewhere like DTwo and maybe smaller groups would be less intimidating for newbies. Maybe they could be loosely themed around age-group/interests? For example, I'm in my late twenties and would love to meet people of either gender with an interest in "indie" music, books or films. If anyone's been similarly struck, do post..

Hi,

I am in my mid twenties and have always found it very difficult to meet people as i am really shy. I am not really into drinking so find it very hard to meet people interested in the same things as i am, i like the idea of the smaller groups because i definitely think its less intimidating. Any suggestions? I am really interested in playing guitar, reading and movies.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭billyhead

quietman25 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am in my mid twenties and have always found it very difficult to meet people as i am really shy. I am not really into drinking so find it very hard to meet people interested in the same things as i am, i like the idea of the smaller groups because i definitely think its less intimidating. Any suggestions? I am really interested in playing guitar, reading and movies.
    Thanks.

I am also in my late 20s and find it hard to meet new people. I don't drink either and am not big into the whole pub scene. My main interests would be fitness, movies and sports. Any ideas as to how I could meet likewise people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 sobertales

I'm in the same boat - late twenties, just gave up drinking and would love some people to go to gigs with, do touristy stuff and just hang out with etc... Most of my friends have moved back home and married and the others that are here are big drinkers - its the centerpiece of every single thing we do. Let me know if anyone would be interested in chatting/meeting up! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nuria86gn

Same goes for me. I'm a 25 year old girl and I moved to Dublin 3 months ago (originally from Barcelona, Spain) and I'm finding it difficult to meet new people. I've always been kinda shy and I don't really like the stuff that "mainstream" people like to do so sometimes it feels like I'm a bit of a weirdo :o I love literature, the arts and anything realted to culture. I like independent cinema, music, travelling and experiencing differnt cultures and languages. I enjoy going to the pub for a few drinks but I just hate big boozes. I´d like to find genuine people who are interested in going out and doing things from time to time so if anyone is interested just drop me a private message and we can arrange something. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

+1 to the above posts.

Im early 20s, moving to Dublin in a few weeks. Don't know anyone, and while I do enjoy going out, clubbing and drinks etc., I'd also like to try a few other things non alcohol related. Im into movies, music, reading, art and fitness. Anyone have similiar interests PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 emil2702

well i travel a lot, and have super busy day to day lifestyle, and i do have some friends here - but i moved a year ago after long time in the states, and i am looking to make some new friends

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sparks 1

Hi All. I have been reading this thread and would be interested if a few of us decided to meet up some evening maybe for a drink. I noticed it was attempted twice before but didn't happen. Maybe this could be third time lucky!!! I'm in the same position as most of other posters in my early thirties trying to make new friends in Dublin. We can decide a date later in few wks - just want to see if anybody still interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sparks 1

Hi All - Still trying to revive this thread. I got two replies from people in the last week but for some reason they are not showing up on this thread so I cant reply - if u could P.M. or post again that would be great. Anybody else interested in meeting up?? :) Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

ANY1 UP for heading out in the coming weeks?preferably lads on pull in twenties?gimme shoutn if so

Advertisement