Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making new friends in Dublin.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭billyhead

Hi,

I would be interested in meeting up in Dublin for a social night out. PM me or post here if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dustin88

sobertales wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat - late twenties, just gave up drinking and would love some people to go to gigs with, do touristy stuff and just hang out with etc... Most of my friends have moved back home and married and the others that are here are big drinkers - its the centerpiece of every single thing we do. Let me know if anyone would be interested in chatting/meeting up! :D

Hi,there.

If you like, we can make good friends based on the info you provided. Please PM me <snip email address - Des> if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

no email addresses in posts, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 parik

Dustin88 wrote: »
    Hi,there.

If you like, we can make good friends based on the info you provided. Please PM me <snip email address - Des> if you like.

I am looking to make friends man my email is <email snip> if ur up for a pint man

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

parik - Personal email addresses are not permitted in posts on this site. Do not post yours again. If you do, you may be banned from this forum.

HB

• Advertisement

Sorry billy didnt relaise you coundnt post email adresses

Yea dustin 88 man that would be gud man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bagpuss01

yeah I'd be up fpr drinks thursday grogans

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Think you all should have one big meet up and have the craic rather than two people meeting, would imagine that to be awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

I CONcur

and where is grogans?any good?

whose interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Nari

Hey all, Recently moved back to Dublin, would love to meet up for a few pints with some people around my own age (30). Did ye's meet up at Grogan's after???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Ha! Nope no meeting yet - there's a Rathmines beers next week: Thursday/Friday... Not sure which day

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Nari

Nice one. Keep me informed mate. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9 megha

irishdub74 wrote: »
    Yeah i understand what you mean Steve, it's not always easy to walk into a pub or club by yourself when your shy it doesn't help matters.
    You get tired off going online and doing all the same old stuff so am not sure what the answer is unfortunley..
    hiiiiiiiiiii

• Registered Users Posts: 9 megha

I am new to Dublin (Female - 30s, all my own teeth) - looking to meet new people also...
    hi I am too new to Dublin and looking to meet new people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

If anything were ever to get organised for this I'd be interested in coming along.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Has anyone in this thread posted about http://www.meetup.com/ ? They have tons of groups that might help in this endeavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 annica860

Hi, I am living in Dublin for 6 months now. I love music, are interested in culture in general and I am 26 (female) so if there's anyone up to meet up and make new friends if theres's a good connection just give me a buzz.

Annica

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

I know this thread is three months old but it seems to me a similar issue keeps floating around. I was wondering if people would be interested in a "Pub Chats" thread/group? My problem with the Boards Beers is that I have an aversion to going somewhere like DTwo and maybe smaller groups would be less intimidating for newbies. Maybe they could be loosely themed around age-group/interests? For example, I'm in my late twenties and would love to meet people of either gender with an interest in "indie" music, books or films. If anyone's been similarly struck, do post..

Great idea AnnyHallsal. Hope you have some luck with it.

Shame I live in London, and not Dublin though. D'oh!

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

I recently move back to Dublin but all my friends live in the outer suburbs now, looking to meet new people, preferably foreigners, my GF is not from Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

annica860 wrote: »
    Hi, I am living in Dublin for 6 months now. I love music, are interested in culture in general and I am 26 (female) so if there's anyone up to meet up and make new friends if theres's a good connection just give me a buzz.

Have you tried Meetup.com? :D

Lots of groups for loads of different interests. Go check it out for Dublin - there are a well over 100 different groups, organised by gender, age, interests, languages etc etc etc!

This link might work.

Maybe we could arrange a pretty small group-meeting or just arrange a new group here and everyone would be able to recommend meet ups to the other group members when feeling like meeting someone spontaneously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

annica860 wrote: »
    Maybe we could arrange a pretty small group-meeting or just arrange a new group here and everyone would be able to recommend meet ups to the other group members when feeling like meeting someone spontaneously.

From experience when trying to arrange thing's it's can get messy, you are best off suggesting a specific date and location a few weeks in advance. It does sound like a great idea though.

This is why I only meant to recommend starting a little in group in which anyone can post a small meet spontaneous like for 2-4 people. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

I'd love to meet new friends too. I'm in the same boat in that I'm just about to turn 28 female but a lot of my friends have left Dublin or are settled down. Maybe somewhere like the Czech in and a rename of this thread including a poll might be a good way to organize an event? at least you can see who's coming that way. :)

sounds good snorlax. i am also up for a coffee in town on tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 louiseamd

Joining meetup is another way of meeting new people. www.meetup.com try it, you never know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Hey guys,

If ye want to start a new thread organising a meet up that's no problem, or if ye want I'll start it. I think it would probably be a bit messy editing this and starting a poll due to the thread age.

MarkMc

• Advertisement

Guess we are enough now to meet up next weekend (2nd of March)?

Advertisement