Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making new friends in Dublin.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 annica860

Guess we are enough now to arrange a meet up (small group) in Dublin on maybe March 2nd?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Smurfy1987

im new too this site and dnt know how too really use it properly yet . here too try and make new friends . most of my friends are in relationships and dnt really want too make the time too meet up and stuff . im married but id always make time too meet up with friends :) hope too meet new people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

i'm new to dublin as well... need to make new friends but mildly terrified of going to things on my own!

i'm new to dublin as well... need to make new friends but mildly terrified of going to things on my own!

Yeah it's hard going too meet ups on ur own . Are u from Ireland yourself :)

Smurfy1987 wrote: »
    Yeah it's hard going too meet ups on ur own . Are u from Ireland yourself :)

Yeah I'm from Belfast and moved down to Dub in Feb there for a new job.

There's that New and Not So New in Dublin group, have you checked it out? I think it looks a bit scary... lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Yeah I'm from Belfast and moved down to Dub in Feb there for a new job.

There's that New and Not So New in Dublin group, have you checked it out? I think it looks a bit scary... lol

It's pretty big, but the people are friendly enough. A lot of people are there just to improve their English but there are a few Irish people in there. I have went to one or two.

Steve O wrote: »
    It's pretty big, but the people are friendly enough. A lot of people are there just to improve their English but there are a few Irish people in there. I have went to one or two.

No I never went too anything like that . Don't think I would go too anything like that on my own :( most of d girls have bfs and all they just have changed a lot and just don't really want too know ya that much

No I never went too anything like that . Don't think I would go too anything like that on my own :( most of d girls have bfs and all they just have changed a lot and just don't really want too know ya that much

Ah no it isn't like that at all hey. Everyone is there for the same reason really. I went to one or two and I am in touch with a few lads from it.

Steve O wrote: »
    Ah no it isn't like that at all hey. Everyone is there for the same reason really. I went to one or two and I am in touch with a few lads from it.

Sorry I meant most of my friends all have bfs and all . That's good u made a few mates thru it :)

Sorry I meant most of my friends all have bfs and all . That's good u made a few mates thru it :)

Oh :o

Honestly best thing to do is bite the bullet and go along to one, there are other smaller meetups in Dublin as well if you aren't into big groups.

• Advertisement

how many tend to go along to them? and how many irish people are at them?

i might dip my toe in the water

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've also thought about going to one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I went to one of the smaller ones recently. It was a group just playing pub sports for a few hours. I really enjoyed it, and anyone I spoke to were lovely.

I was shítting it going in on my own too, but settled in quite quick.

They recommended that new and not so new group too. I was thinking to try it too, maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sats.pats

Hii..I am looking for friends in dublin...i am working here till end of the april, I am also looking to make friends, female early 30's....

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ohbygod

I was the same and now ive a big group of mates

• Registered Users Posts: 3 danny23

hi im danny would like to make new friends to go to metal and rock gigs with r just hang out get a coffee r grab d odd beer

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

danny23 wrote: »
    hi im danny would like to make new friends to go to metal and rock gigs with r just hang out get a coffee r grab d odd beer

hi Danny this might be of interest to you, not quite a metal gig but rock certainly although in saying that its a little softer this month. I organise it with a few mates so your welcome to come along, bring a few mate and touch base with myself and the gang

https://www.facebook.com/events/570272846399908/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 annabanana212

Hey,
    Am wondering if any people/groups are meeting up in a pub/bar/club or just heading out for the night. Most of my mates have either emigrated/are horribly boring or just aren't really interested in going out in general, so would be great to meet people in their early/mid twenties who were up for it?
    All the best,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dublinexplorer

hi Anna, there is a great website called meetup dot com check it out as they have lots of get togethers depending on your interests, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3 annabanana212

Thanks Dublinexplorer, I actually already know about this site, but its "Drinking/Dancing" group consists of mainly 35-45 year olds and unfortunately I'm 25 so looking for a younger crowd really. Appreciate your advice nonetheless!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Something like this then?
    http://www.meetup.com/20-Somethins/

I go playing boardgames and pints at this, love it:
    http://www.meetup.com/Board-Games-Ireland/
    It's gone from 4 members to 1200 in a year and a half so I think people enjoy it :P

Advertisement