Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relegation Battle

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Looks like West Ham picked up a massive 3 points today.

Very hard to look past Hull and Burnley along with Pompey for the drop now.
    Burnley might pull off a great escape but very hard to imagine Hull surviving now imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

west ham win mean portsmouth are gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    Hull could be the fly in the ointment but if Burnley get anything out of that game I think everyone else is safe.

updated

14 Wolves_____ 34_____-23___33
    15 Bolton______ 33_____-25___32
    16 West Ham___34_____-16___31
    17 Wigan______ 33_____-34___31
    18 Hull________ 33_____-34___27
    19 Burnley_____ 34_____-35___27
    20 Portsmouth__33_____-32___14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

As it is for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Great result for west ham today , ahead of wigan in all , I think the target has to be 35 points. I wonder if this is start of burnley's comeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Great result for west ham today , ahead of wigan in all , I think the target has to be 35 points. I wonder if this is start of burnley's comeback.

Hard to figure on Burnley though - how much of it is down to Hull being utter sh1te though plus the scoreline is slightly flattering given the two penalties.l
    Wouldnt bebreaking open the bubbly just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Unreal audacity of Alexander to hit BOTH those penalties with the outside of the boot.:eek:

Updated
    15 Wigan______ 35_____-33___35
    16 Wolves_____ 35_____-23___34
    17 West Ham___34_____-16___31
    18 Hull________ 34_____-38___28
    19 Burnley_____ 35_____-37___27
    20 Portsmouth__34_____-32___14

14 Bolton______ 36_____-25___36
    15 Wolves_____ 36_____-23___35
    16 Wigan______ 36_____-34___35
    17 West Ham___36_____-18___34
    18 Hull_________36____ -41___28
    19 Burnley______35____ -37___27
    20 Portsmouth)__36____ -33___16

• Advertisement

Can we just send the bottom seven down?

Surely we can find 7 better footballing sides in the lower leagues , and make it more entertaining for the neutral

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Can we just send the bottom seven down?

Surely we can find 7 better footballing sides in the lower leagues , and make it more entertaining for the neutral

I'd doubt that very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Can't say I'll miss Hull much. I guess Stephen Hunt will be on the move in the summer. Burnley will be put out of their misery tomorrow.

The relegation battle was quite the anti-climax.

Can't say I'll miss Hull much. I guess Stephen Hunt will be on the move in the summer. Burnley will be put out of their misery tomorrow.

Yeah, whatever about Burnley, I expected more fight from Hull, particularly in light of their exploits of last season

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Great to see West Ham stay up , would have been awful to lose another great traditional football team to the lower leagues , Hull have no fight and burnley enjoyed there day in the sun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Looks like just about everyone called this right about who was going down

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Thank God for that. My heart couldn't take another relegation battle like 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Me reckon that Burnley will be consigned to their fate tomorrow. Hull need something of a Herculean miracle to pull off their survival. It all went exactly as planned...

So then to wrap this up the bottom two down, with Hull merely waiting on the maths to play out.

I'd like to say I'll miss them, but that would be a lie. Pompey shall be back I imagine, in a couple of seasons if they find a decent proper owner. The other two shall hopefully never darken the PLs door again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

I'd like to see Burnley and Pompey come back up

Advertisement