Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viscounts

Options
  • 21-03-2010 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Anyone else like Viscount biscuits?

viscount%20fingered.jpg

They come in mint or orange variety, but unfortunately I haven't found any orange ones on this side of the Irish Sea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bp1989

I remember the green ones from years ago as a child. Haven't had them in ages though. Not a big fan of orange choc so I doubt I'd like the orange ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

I LURVE orange chocolate. I'm over in London this Saturday, so I'm hoping to bring some back. Unfortunately, I've heard that they can only be found in Morrison's and Iceland.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

you cant beat a packet of viscounts the trouble is once you have one your likely to finish the packet very soon after.
    by the way you can actually the orange ones in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I got a pack in Iceland in Finglas the other day, they were quite nice

They are also on 100% extra free

Some of the other Iceland stores around Dublin have reopened recently as franchise stores, so there may be one near you.

There was once an Iceland near me in Dún Laoghaire, but it closed down when all the rest did over here.

But yeah, I'll have to find the one in Finglas! The orange ones are good, I brought some home from London over the weekend, wouldn't say no to some more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

The Orange ones are not that hard to get where I live in Cork. One of the best places to get them are in the forecourt shop of Petrol Stations here for some reason.:confused: It doesn't appear to matter what chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

jahalpin wrote: »
    Some of the other Iceland stores around Dublin have reopened recently as franchise stores, so there may be one near you.
    Must be intended for the UK, I remember the one in dun laoghaire had loads of UK stuff, like wotsits. Perhaps try €2 shops too, I think they source a lot of stuff from UK/NI.

Saw the green ones in tesco, €1.49

rubadub wrote: »
    Saw the green ones in tesco, €1.49

Yeah you can get the 100% extra free pack for the same price in Dunnes, I reckon that's the best deal available for Viscounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Basically the best biscuit of all time.

and you can get them really cheap in Lidl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Yes! OM NYOM NYOM!

• Advertisement

Crisis averted! 14-pack of orange Viscounts for €1.60 in Centra in Greenfield, Maynooth!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

Yes, but only if they have been kept in the fridge, makes them much nicer (in my opinion !)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Viscounts... yuck! Even if they're the only biscuit in the house I still won't eat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The orange ones are in lidl at the moment, 100% free with them and only 99c. I like them, the orange was subtle enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/viscount
    There's even a clickable voice saying it (just scared the crap out of my dogs!)
    Afaik it's vi-count, that's the way I've always heard it / said it :)

Advertisement