Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portroe Dive Centre

• 21-03-2010 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all, we are very pleased to announce the opening of Portroe Dive Centre this Good Friday, Easter Bank Holiday Weekend.

Work has been taking place behind the scenes for the last two months to make Portroe Quarry Ireland’s first inland dive site.

With depth areas ranging from 10m, 18m, 25m, 30m and 40m, Portroe will have something for all levels of divers.

Further details will be announced as we get nearer to the opening date. A web page www.diveportroe.com is under construction and should be live within a week and our email address will be info@diveportroe.ie but for the moment if there are any queries which we have not addressed here, we can be contacted at barbaraodriscoll@eircom.net .

Thank you for the interest, support and encouragement you have given to help us bring this idea to fruition. We look forward to seeing you, and hope that you will bear with us while we sort out the inevitable teething problems!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭alanatoday

Wow, I live about a half mile from there and never knew that was under construction! I knew it was popular with divers but not this popular :D.
    Best of luck with it and as I've never dived before I'll definitely be up to check it out when its complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Good Luck on the new venture from all at Limerick Sub Aqua Club. We will certainly support you as customers!
    http://www.limericksubaqua.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Great news Portroe1, good luck with the venture! Look forward to diving there soon (probably May)!
    Portroe1 wrote: »
    Further details will be announced as we get nearer to the opening date. A web page www.diveportroe.com is under construction and should be live within a week and our email address will be info@diveportroe.ie but for the moment if there are any queries which we have not addressed here, we can be contacted at barbaraodriscoll@eircom.net .

You might want to clarify something before it causes confusion - will you be at diveportroe .com or .ie ? You web address and email extension say different things.... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

congrats... lets hope the diving community will support you...
    and not moan about parking ticket prices... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Portroe1

Our website www.diveportroe.com is now live, it's fairly basic for the moment but we will improve it in time.

Just to clarify - our website is .com and our email will be .ie

That is just for now, our website will move to .ie shortly and will be linked with the .com

Hope that clarifies the situation & we look forward to seeing you there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 wrecks1971

Great news the best of luck, hope it is sucessful. I`ll not make it for the opening at Easter but will come down soon afterwards with some friends to give support. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Best wishes for a successful venture. I will gladly support it by adding more bubbles!

Seadeuce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Fantastic........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Just a quick question...
    Just seen your opening times. Are you open midweek?? And will you be providing training at your centre??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Portroe1

Hi all,

First we would like to thank you all for the messages of support that you have sent. As in any new operation there are bound to be glitches, and we had our first major one this week.

The 3 phase high output compressor that we were to take delivery of today, will now not be ready in time for the opening weekend.

However, we have managed to source a 10 CFM diesel compressor from a good friend. We realise that this will not fill cylinders as fast as we would like, especially as so many of you have said that you will be down over Easter.

Some people have offered us the use of their own compressors,for which we are really grateful, but because of noise levels, we cannot have multiple compressors on site, as this would be a nuisance for our neighbours.

So, we are doing the following: We will have about 12 extra cylinders for people to use for a second dive free of charge, and we will not be charging for airfills at all for the weekend. We hope that this will make up for any inconvenience in terms of delays.

Please pass this on, and advise others that it would be a good idea to bring spare cylinders for extra dives.

We look forward to seeing you at the weekend.

PS: loctite we will not be providing training and only qualified divers or trainees under supervision will be allowed to dive. For now we only plan to open at weekends but there seems to be a lot of interest in evenings so we may open on a Thursday evening during the summer months, we will change the opening hours on our website if we do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bang2

How was the diving over the Easter weekend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pyroger101

Hey guys, myself and a buddy are planning on making the trek up to you for an evening dive tomorrow! Looking forward to it the place looks great! If anyone wishes to join us just send me a pm!

Regards

Ger

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bang2

pyroger101 wrote: »
    Hey guys, myself and a buddy are planning on making the trek up to you for an evening dive tomorrow! Looking forward to it the place looks great! If anyone wishes to join us just send me a pm!

Regards

Ger

Did ya go , how was it , I couldn't make it last weekend , still dying to see the new setup

Advertisement