Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North County Leader

Options
  • 21-03-2010 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm a local tradesman and I've advertised in the North County Leader for just over a month and I've only got the paper once. So far I have been charged for 3 issues. The first two were no shows and after numerous phone calls I was told that the paper was delivered, even though it wasn't in my estate. The third issues was hand delivered by a man in a jeep (obviously making sure that I got the paper).

Can anyone tell me if they have received this paper or not over the last month or so in the Balbriggan, surrounding areas and Swords area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i get regular copies. in rush. i have recycled the them so i will not be able to tell you what was in them.

to be honest its delivered to me with a load of other " junk" and i don tend to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Thanks Martron

With a limited budget I am beginning to wonder if my money is being wasted advertising in this paper and maybe I should look to some kind of on-line directory.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I find delivery is a bit hit and miss. Taht said I advertised my business in it a few years ago and got a great response.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

How about printing flyers and delivering them yourself. At least that way you know they are getting delivered and there is more chance of someone seeing your flyer then seeing your ad buried somewhere in the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I get it regularly in Rush, usually comes in about 5am so someone doing it before school, collage or the day job. Rush is well covered.

You could try and advertise in local community newspapers which are monthly. Rush, Lusk and Skerries have one. If you contact Kevin Thorp at Rush community centre he will be able to help you.

For good advertising you could try An Post. They have a hit rate way above any leaflet company and you can select where you want them done Urban or rural, estates or single dwellings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm in Swords and we get North County Leader very regularly. One of the best ways of advertising around here is in the local trade directory which is compiled by Brackenstown scouts. It's been going for years and is delivered to every home in Swords.

(I have no link to it, I just use it when I need a tradesman or local service, as do most people I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

My estate hasn't received a delivery of the North County Leader in weeks. Ring the paper and tell them you haven't received it and ask them for delivery/proof & records.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Personally I fine it full of FF party PR the best of times :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Moylaragh

In Balbriggan, only receive the North County Leader once maybe every 2 months. Infact I thought it went out of business and then a got a random copy.

It used to be pretty regualar. Dont know what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I find the Fingal might be a better option for this as it is a paying paper? I think more people tend to "read" the Fingal more than the Leader, imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

They must have been reading this thread. We received a copy in the letterbox this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Eoineo wrote: »
    They must have been reading this thread. We received a copy in the letterbox this morning.

I think your right. Got a copy my self today.
    They have no problems delivering the invoices though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Cafe Times, is for RUSH,Lusk,Skerries,Balbriggan and I think only charge 50 euro,Its in all places where you sit and wait, so trrain station , cafe, Docotrs etc.
    HTH,Cathy

Advertisement