Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed - Buying new phone!

• 21-03-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hola to teh interwhibs!

I'm buying my girlfriend a new phone for her birthday and was wondering if any one has any recommendations?

Feature wise there's not too much to be fussy about! Slim and stylish preferably (pink/red colour if possible!), Wi-Fi is always a plus but not a must-have. Touch screen is a no no, and she has a Nokia at the moment so she'd probably prefer to keep the same brand!
    Trying to keep the price in and around the €200's. Don't mind if it goes a bit over but let's just keep in a "The lower, the better" state of mind! :p

Was looking at the Nokia 5630 and was pretty close to buying, but I thought there would be no harm in asking for other peoples advice!

Looking forward to hearing your responses!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Probably worth looking in a shop. To me a phone is a personal thing, so I'd only want something I'd specifically expressed an interest in! Maybe tell her you want a new phone and see what she likes?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Do not get the Nokia 5530, I have one less than a month and so far the internet keeps crashing, my caller log doesn't show any history (if I miss a call I have no clue who it is), I cannot receive a message until I send one and my Youtube wasn't working up until yesterday for some odd reason.

Full of bugs that Nokia aren't taking account of. I have to send mine away now tomorrow, I'm furious.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

You could try the Nokia X3. No wifi or 3G but a nice looking phone and good features otherwise, also within your budget. Not sure if any of the Irish networks stock it yet but available below:

http://www.plemix.com/phone-nokia-x3-phone

Advertisement