Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&B's & restaurants on Achill Island

Options
  • 21-03-2010 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

My fairer half & I are planning a weekend in Achill soon, can anyone advise us regarding any reasonable B&B's and restaurants on the island, nothing fancy but good value for money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭alanatoday

I was there about 6 years ago and If my memory serves me right there is definitely nothing fancy there!! However they have plenty of reasonably priced B&B's and a few hostels. I cant remember the names because we camped when we stayed. If you know the exacts date you are travelling I suggest booking in advance because it can get quite busy during the summer (especially bank holidays) .
    Happy Holidays :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

I think alanatoday is right, Achill doesn't do fancy. But the Achill head hotel is worth having a look at, online first. You may be suprised with some of the deals they do there earlier in the year. There are loads of B&Bs to choose from, Keel is the centre of activity, beautiful island.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

Thanks very much guys, I appreciate your help. Heading there this weekend. Can't wait to get there now!

Advertisement