Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Openstreetmap Routing

Options
  • 21-03-2010 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am developing an application using Openstreetmap and openlayers. I would like to add some routing functionality to it. I have spent the last while researching how to do it, and have really come to a dead end.

So far I have found I have two options. I can subscribe to the Cloudmade webservice and do my routing that way, however I come up against the problem that it is quite pricey for me to use this method.

I then looked into using pgrouting, which would be fine, except for a problem I am having with it. So far as I can see, in order to use the pgrouting functionality I need to use a linux or ubunto operating system as in order to load the osm files into my routing database I need to use a program called osm2pgrouting which is not available for windows systems.

I have near exhausted google at this stage looking for help, and was wondering if any of you fine folk could offer me so help or advice.

Many thanks in advance.

Advertisement