Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Few Questions.

Options
  • 22-03-2010 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi, I'm new to this Boards.ie shiznit (:
    I was just wondering about a few things:

A: What are the requirements for Leaving Cert Music Ordinary and Higher level? Our music teacher says its 2 pieces for Ordinary Level and either 4x2 or 6 in Higher Level, but I just want to verify that.

B: In relation to the French Oral, I am absolutely terrifyed off my teacher, because she is bad tempered. During my mock oral she gave me this piercing stare which just froze me to the bone, and I failed :(
    Is there any tips anyone can give me about how not to be scared? Its really bothering me and I think shes about to notice it noww. D:

Thankin' yoo in advance (:
    :pac:<(steeeeee)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Regarding Music: that is assuming you're taking your elective in Performance (50% for the practical exam instead of 25%). In that case it's 6 pieces on one instrument or 4 each on 2 (one "instrument" can be Music Technology in which you input 2 pieces into a programme like Finalé) for HL. I'm not completely sure about OL but I think it might have been 2. I'd assume your teacher knows what they're on about, relax! :)

For French: I know, I get dreadfully nervous doing oral exams too. I find if you have a small snack an hour beforehand helps - that way your tummy isn't empty but you won't be feeling sick either! I also avoid eye contact as it makes me very nervous, and I don't do it naturally in real life either, but I would NOT recommend this! You are supposed to make eye contact in the exam :( Having something for your hands to do sometimes works - twirling a pen etc. Not sure if this is allowed though, or if it would look well.... Sorry that's not very helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Your French teacher won't be giving you your real oral; it'll be a state appointed examiner, usually a French teacher from another school. In my experience the examiners are generally quite nice, they try to put you at ease and do lovely things like talk slower and rephrase the question if they see you looking confused. You'd be very unlucky to get an examiner giving death glares in the real thing, so try not to worry about that.

Advertisement